Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

Got four exams in the sports hall of the SU... genius planning from NTU, four doors wide open and access still permitted to all non exam participants to the rather noisy SU and surrounding areas.

Cheers then!

Yeah and the multiple choice was about the ICA or some performing arts thing!

yup, first time i'd ever seen a general studies paper! very weird exam, and so pointless too, the amount of money wasted on marking them when nobody cares about it must be huge

yup, first time i'd ever seen a general studies paper! very weird exam, and so pointless too, the amount of money wasted on marking them when nobody cares about it must be huge

Yeah so so weird. Don't know how they mark the essay questions when it's mainly your opinion so isn't right or wrong! Surprised unis take it. I know that Liverpool and Newcastle accept it for some courses which is crazy as well!

Liverpool Uni accept it for courses such a law etc, courses that require 3 As, like their better courses, so it's not all that pointless, surely?

Are you positive about that?

I applied to do architecture 2 years ago and I don't remember seeing anywhere that accepted General Studies as part of their requirements and I actually applied to Liverpool as it goes!

Leicester uni accept general studies. I got an A in my first exam and an E in my second, both while high smoking weed. Figured it worked so well the first time it could only work well the second, onyl to be sat there struggling on simple maths skills thinking "maaaaaan im too high for this"

Are you positive about that?

I applied to do architecture 2 years ago and I don't remember seeing anywhere that accepted General Studies as part of their requirements and I actually applied to Liverpool as it goes!

Depends on the course, I think. Some courses they take it, some don't, not sure what makes it acceptable for things like law, maths or languages, but not for other things. :dunno:

Still, discarding it as completely useless seems a bit OTT, it could come it pretty useful if it's as easy as people make out.

This Term:

2,000 word essay on whether technology has politics or not, done.

4,000 word marketing report concerning the telecommunications market and recommendations to a chosen company, done.

Still to come

40 minute presentation on whether technology has politics.

3 hour Marketing exam

2 hour Operations Management exam

2 hour Statistics exam

2 and a half hour exam on Management and Organisations (Module 1)

3 hour exams on Management and Organisations (Module 2)

Kill me. :(

Probably failed the general studies exam today.

Ah well, at least all my exams left are for useful subjects.

Same! Could not be arsed at all, and don't have a bloody clue about science! can't even see myself getting any better than a C in it :crylaugh:

Probably failed the general studies exam today.

Ah well, at least all my exams left are for useful subjects.

so ridiculous! writing about trains and internet policing. only highlight of that was watching a lad in the hall go to have a swig of his drink and spill it all down him haha.

Same! Could not be arsed at all, and don't have a bloody clue about science! can't even see myself getting any better than a C in it :crylaugh:

Science?

The only science question on my paper was on global warming, and i used that as an excuse to call the government two-faced people (can't swear in an exam) who impose all sorts of taxes to reduce CO2 emissions by joe public but then put shed-loads of CO2 out through air travel, committing hundreds of troops to immoral and illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I also called them money-grabbers and accused them of fabricating evidence to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, of concoting the whole "global warming - you're all killing the planet" story when there is no conclusive evidence that human activity has caused global warming and of editing sections of the internet to make the public who oppose them look like criminals or lunatics.

Science?

The only science question on my paper was on global warming, and i used that as an excuse to call the government two-faced people (can't swear in an exam) who impose all sorts of taxes to reduce CO2 emissions by joe public but then put shed-loads of CO2 out through air travel, committing hundreds of troops to immoral and illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I also called them money-grabbers and accused them of fabricating evidence to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, of concoting the whole "global warming - you're all killing the planet" story when there is no conclusive evidence that human activity has caused global warming and of editing sections of the internet to make the public who oppose them look like criminals or lunatics.

Same exam as me. Put my pen down after 32 minutes exactly, scrawled something out for each question to ensure a pass of some sort.

Archived