Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

Science?

The only science question on my paper was on global warming, and i used that as an excuse to call the government two-faced people (can't swear in an exam) who impose all sorts of taxes to reduce CO2 emissions by joe public but then put shed-loads of CO2 out through air travel, committing hundreds of troops to immoral and illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I also called them money-grabbers and accused them of fabricating evidence to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, of concoting the whole "global warming - you're all killing the planet" story when there is no conclusive evidence that human activity has caused global warming and of editing sections of the internet to make the public who oppose them look like criminals or lunatics.

Yep, was all about IVF. Then had to do an essay question on objective scientific research and one on how governments and businesses influence and distory scientific research. Really weird paper.

Guest Mee-9

Probably failed General, gonna cry myself to sleep at night tonight :D

ICT Friday, bring it on! :chant:

You on OCR for ICT mate?

Physics went well yesterday, Mechanics tomorrow, not too hard.

Chem2 on Friday is a lost cause, that's getting dropped. Then French reading, writing and listening & Physics2 both after half term <_<

Physics went well yesterday, Mechanics tomorrow, not too hard.

Chem2 on Friday is a lost cause, that's getting dropped. Then French reading, writing and listening & Physics2 both after half term <_<

:sick:

I was absolutely shite at that. Was so ****ing hard, the reason I dropped AS maths.

Probably didn't help my stuck up school wouldn't let me take higher Science at GCSE (physics) and I had the worst mechanics teacher possible..

:sick:

I was absolutely shite at that. Was so ****ing hard, the reason I dropped AS maths.

Probably didn't help my stuck up school wouldn't let me take higher Science at GCSE (physics) and I had the worst mechanics teacher possible..

I've done shit loads of work for it though, so I reckon it should go alright. Maths and French are okay, Physics and Chemistry are hard.

C2 went quite well today. 3 weeks before my next exam now.

Same. Just the circle within a sector of a circle question pissed me off. Only realised I had to use triangles with like 2 minutes to go! Other than that hopefully 90+ ums!

Economics unit 2 will be solid tomorrow.

Triangles?

i just called it pi, If in doubt the answer is always pi.

Yeah Haha because the tangents are perpendicular to the centre of the circle. So you could get a right angled triangle to work out the radius.

Can't decide whether to carry it on tbh.

No brainer for me really, ****ed up Chem 1 and only got a D, Chem 2 went even worse. Maths, Physics & French are my other three and they're a lot easier. Chem 2 just makes me wanna cry.

No brainer for me really, ****ed up Chem 1 and only got a D, Chem 2 went even worse. Maths, Physics & French are my other three and they're a lot easier. Chem 2 just makes me wanna cry.

I got a D in Chem 1 but got a high B in the ISA. If I get a D in Chem 2 I might consider it, we'll see. I do Maths, Further Maths and Computing as my others, Further makes Chem look easy.

Archived