Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

Had what was meant to be my last ever exam yesterday (family law), but fvcked it up so badly that I'll inevitably end up having to re-sit it capped at 40% in August, delaying my graduation until November. 'Triffic.

yup, how did you find it?

Was a bit of a bastard. Answered the Judiciary and the Prime Minister power question. The 10 maker on judicial review was dirt and the 25 marker was also the hardest one they could have asked. Did quite a bit of work for it though so hopefully I've done well! You?

Was a bit of a bastard. Answered the Judiciary and the Prime Minister power question. The 10 maker on judicial review was dirt and the 25 marker was also the hardest one they could have asked. Did quite a bit of work for it though so hopefully I've done well! You?

I didn't bother revising Judiciary because there was so much to do! So ended up doing the Parliament question, which was pretty baad, and the prime minster one for the 40 marker. Think i did okay on that but realised after that i missed out a few major points :/ oh well, the grade boundaries are reaally low so hopefully i'll do okay!

I didn't bother revising Judiciary because there was so much to do! So ended up doing the Parliament question, which was pretty baad, and the prime minster one for the 40 marker. Think i did okay on that but realised after that i missed out a few major points :/ oh well, the grade boundaries are reaally low so hopefully i'll do okay!

Yeah Judiciary was pretty long but Parliament was worse! How do you know the grade boundaries are low??

Yeah Judiciary was pretty long but Parliament was worse! How do you know the grade boundaries are low??

They're always really low at AS, you only need 60% of the raw marks to get an A overall! They mark really harshly though.

They're always really low at AS, you only need 60% of the raw marks to get an A overall! They mark really harshly though.

Well I got 58 UMS last time which was D so this time round I need this for uni!! If you're school is doing US politics make sure you do it for A2. Much easier than AS and more interesting!

Well I got 58 UMS last time which was D so this time round I need this for uni!! If you're school is doing US politics make sure you do it for A2. Much easier than AS and more interesting!

yeah apparently the UMS is different to to the raw marks by quite a lot. Okay, i'm not sure what to drop yet so i'll have a think :)

Same! What topic is yours?

I've done the English Civil War of the 17th Century.

Went awesome! Question 1 - agree / disagree as to why the main reason the Royalists lost the Civil War was Charlies leadership :chant: And question 3 agree / disagree that leaders 1660 - 1689 failed to manage Britains finances.

Question 3 not so good but fingers crossed question 1 can carry me :fc:

Maths C4 on Monday though :cry: Not going to go well - all day revision tomorrow for me!

Archived