Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

You can't tell tone over the internet. I should have put lol after it to show how things changed for me sorry.

lol S'ok, I wasn't planning on losing sleep over it, tbh. :P

Nottingham Trent, so still close to the KP haha. you off to uni as well?

Yep got into Newcastle yesterday!!! So bleeding miles away from the KP! Still got a season ticket though and will be marching over to the ticket office to get my refund from an U22 ST to a student ST so I get about 150 odd back!

Does anyone here do Further Mathematics?

Starting college in a few weeks, and still unsure what to pick as my final option.

Definitely doing Maths, Economics and History...

and the last one will be out of- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Further Maths, and PE as an outsider.

Can anyone give me any advice? What's easier (if any)? Any help would be appreciated.

Yep got into Newcastle yesterday!!! So bleeding miles away from the KP! Still got a season ticket though and will be marching over to the ticket office to get my refund from an U22 ST to a student ST so I get about 150 odd back!

Well done pal!!! Absolutely quality nightlife up there from what I've heard. What you looking to study? Effing hell haha, one of the main reasons I went Nottingham was so I could still get a season ticket, only like 30 mins on the train. How long will it take you to get back from up there? Commitment!!

Starting college in a few weeks, and still unsure what to pick as my final option.

and the last one will be out of- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Further Maths, and PE as an outsider.

Can anyone give me any advice? What's easier (if any)? Any help would be appreciated.

Do that which you feel most passionate about. If you really enjoy maths, do further maths, if you're not mad keen you'll struggle and chances are it won't be a lot of use to you anyway as you'll be put off a Maths degree. I did Chemistry and Biology, both are enjoyable if they stimulate your interest. I'd say Chem is harder material but the coursework in Biology is harder. Don't do PE unless you wanna do something with it or you really, really love it.

As an aside, are you sure you wish to do Economics at A Level? You'd be better placed doing Maths, Further Maths and something else and doing an Economics degree that way.

Well done pal!!! Absolutely quality nightlife up there from what I've heard. What you looking to study? Effing hell haha, one of the main reasons I went Nottingham was so I could still get a season ticket, only like 30 mins on the train. How long will it take you to get back from up there? Commitment!!

Politics and you? And yeah the nightlife is meant to be incredible! It'll take 3 and a bit hours on the train probably. Obviously won't get to every home game but will try get to as many as I can. An ST basically gives me better value than buying on the door and especially because the Xmas period is always packed full of games I'll be back in Leicester for them! Also gives me a chance to go to a few more away days like Boro etc.

Definitely do 1 science Dylan!

Physics is basically rearranging equations and maths anyway...

Wait until results day next week and then see if anything changes.

Definitely do 1 science Dylan!

Physics is basically rearranging equations and maths anyway...

Wait until results day next week and then see if anything changes.

Only do additional science anyway at GCSE, not seperate single one's... and that's easy compared to what A Level Science would be (from what I've heard).

If I do a science, it'll most likely be chemistry or physics as the plants/photosynthesis and human body stuff bores me.

Do that which you feel most passionate about. If you really enjoy maths, do further maths, if you're not mad keen you'll struggle and chances are it won't be a lot of use to you anyway as you'll be put off a Maths degree. I did Chemistry and Biology, both are enjoyable if they stimulate your interest. I'd say Chem is harder material but the coursework in Biology is harder. Don't do PE unless you wanna do something with it or you really, really love it.

As an aside, are you sure you wish to do Economics at A Level? You'd be better placed doing Maths, Further Maths and something else and doing an Economics degree that way.

Well I've had family do Economics so think I'll have a lot of help there if needed, and it seems more interesting than other subjects. And if I remember right when researching Uni courses, you have to have an A Level in Economics (if available) to do it as a degree?

And I'm not really 'passionate' about Maths but I'm good at it (without sounding too cocky), already got my A* as I took it in November. Found it really easy, but like I said, A Level's are supposed to be so much harder than GCSE's- so not sure if I'd find it as easy.

This Term:

2,000 word essay on whether technology has politics or not, done.

4,000 word marketing report concerning the telecommunications market and recommendations to a chosen company, done.

Still to come

40 minute presentation on whether technology has politics.

3 hour Marketing exam

2 hour Operations Management exam

2 hour Statistics exam

2 and a half hour exam on Management and Organisations (Module 1)

3 hour exams on Management and Organisations (Module 2)

Kill me. :(

Been a while since results, but all the same. I'm glad nobody killed me.

First year students at Lancaster that aren't doing a dual degree have to choose two minor subject as well as their majoring subject.

Marketing: 2:1

Management Science: 2:1

Management and Organisations: 2:2

Absolutely chuffed. In one exam I started learning the course the night before my exam. Didn't go to lectures. For the rest I started revising the day before, continuing right through the night and going in to my exams with no sleep. Laziness and hard work rolled in to one, really.

I need to sort myself out next year. I won't get away with that again and if this is how I did with little effort I really ought to go out and try for a first. 2 years of hard work until I have a degree; a very small amount of time with respect to the rest of my life, really. Not worth fvcking up.

Well I've had family do Economics so think I'll have a lot of help there if needed, and it seems more interesting than other subjects. And if I remember right when researching Uni courses, you have to have an A Level in Economics (if available) to do it as a degree?

And I'm not really 'passionate' about Maths but I'm good at it (without sounding too cocky), already got my A* as I took it in November. Found it really easy, but like I said, A Level's are supposed to be so much harder than GCSE's- so not sure if I'd find it as easy.

Is that so? That's changed since my A levels (06-08), all those courses like Economics, Psychology, Law, actively discouraged you from taking the A level because they felt it was a poor introduction to the subject and they'd sooner you'd stretched yourself by taking something like Maths, English or Science.

Anyone else got GCSE results on thursday...nervous times, however I'm already garaunteed a place a college but obviously having good GCSEs looks better when looking a potential jobs...anyway good luck to everyone

Anyone else got GCSE results on thursday...nervous times, however I'm already garaunteed a place a college but obviously having good GCSEs looks better when looking a potential jobs...anyway good luck to everyone

Yeah getting mine too. What school you at mate? And what college you looking to go?

Archived