Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

Is that so? That's changed since my A levels (06-08), all those courses like Economics, Psychology, Law, actively discouraged you from taking the A level because they felt it was a poor introduction to the subject and they'd sooner you'd stretched yourself by taking something like Maths, English or Science.

Mate your right, i am going to start an eco degree next year...and their maim criteria is a level maths for bsc economics and just gcse maths for ba economics. At uni, especially in bsc economics becomes more maths based, and its not simple maths either..

I remember doing my GCSE's.

Now they have no use in my life whatsoever. Experience is key :rolleyes:

English and Maths is what you need to pass really.

Isn't school experience? Are you sure you don't use anything you learnt at school? And what do you mean by the last comment? English and Maths is what you need to pass what??!

There's loads of great subjects out there for young people to be creative and challenged. Eng and Maths are just two of them, and probably not the most relevant imo.

Isn't school experience? Are you sure you don't use anything you learnt at school? And what do you mean by the last comment? English and Maths is what you need to pass what??!

There's loads of great subjects out there for young people to be creative and challenged. Eng and Maths are just two of them, and probably not the most relevant imo.

English and maths are used in a wide variety of subjects.

English will help you write reports, essay writing e.t.c which is found in almost every subject.

Maths is needed for stuff like Economics, Physics e.t.c

Politics and you? And yeah the nightlife is meant to be incredible! It'll take 3 and a bit hours on the train probably. Obviously won't get to every home game but will try get to as many as I can. An ST basically gives me better value than buying on the door and especially because the Xmas period is always packed full of games I'll be back in Leicester for them! Also gives me a chance to go to a few more away days like Boro etc.

Philosophy & History joint honours...random i know haha. You wanna go into politics or just interested in it? Well yeah, I suppose if you only manage 10 games a ST will be value for money! Bet you'd love the Geordies away in the LC or FA Cup. What date you moving in? Think freshers starts on friday 23rd in Nottingham, but i'm gonna head down on the sunday so I can still watch the Leicester game!

• 4 weeks later...

So :yahoo: I have passed with flying colors my Biochemistry and Cell Biology resit, looking forward to an arduous 2nd year of Biomedical Science

Where do you study and what's the actual course if you don't mind me asking? Currently doing A2's and that's pretty much the area I'm looking to go in to, so any advice is helpful :)

Where do you study and what's the actual course if you don't mind me asking? Currently doing A2's and that's pretty much the area I'm looking to go in to, so any advice is helpful :)

I am studying Biomedical Science at De Monfort Uni (may not be the greatest uni in the world but it doesn't matter as long as you have high aspirations aiming for a 2:1 or 1st class honours) about to enter my 2nd year, very similar course to Medicine expect it is not as applied to patients, but in the first year, I covered topics such as Microbiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry and Cell Biology and Molecular Sciences. Are you planning to use the Biomedical Science degree as a stepping stone to Medicine?

I am studying Biomedical Science at De Monfort Uni (may not be the greatest uni in the world but it doesn't matter as long as you have high aspirations aiming for a 2:1 or 1st class honours) about to enter my 2nd year, very similar course to Medicine expect it is not as applied to patients, but in the first year, I covered topics such as Microbiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry and Cell Biology and Molecular Sciences. Are you planning to use the Biomedical Science degree as a stepping stone to Medicine?

I'm pretty set on going for Biochemistry and hopefully go into pharmaceuticals etc. Those are my ambitions anyway, but I've been told that Biochemistry and similar degrees open quite a few doors so even if things don't go to plan I should hopefully still have some decent prospects.

• 5 months later...

Archived