Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

And A in Geography and B in Physics (4 UMS off an A all because of a low c in practical work :/ ) Time to party!

Nice! I've got into Loughborough too :D Can't get my grades til 10 though... :dry:

What you studying pal?

Congrats to everybody who also got the grades that they wanted

Think you did badly this time as per?

Like the drama dont you!?

Well done

Nah i was confident this time! Although i was unlucky with one subject where a girl got less UMS marks than me but got an A* and i got an A, because the A* only takes into account A2

And A in Geography and B in Physics (4 UMS off an A all because of a low c in practical work :/ ) Time to party!

What you studying pal?

Congrats to everybody who also got the grades that they wanted

Computer Science :D How about you?

I ended up with Maths A*, Citizenship A, English Language B (3 marks off A :dry: ), Graphics B (1 mark off A :dry: ) and Further Maths B. Might get those 2 nearly-As remarked, 'cos the AAA-scholarship would be bloody helpful, but remarks are so expensive... :(

I ended up with Maths A*, Citizenship A, English Language B (3 marks off A :dry: ), Graphics B (1 mark off A :dry: ) and Further Maths B. Might get those 2 nearly-As remarked, 'cos the AAA-scholarship would be bloody helpful, but remarks are so expensive... :(

What is citizenship?

Edit: Oh and congrats to everyone who got what they wanted and are going to uni (lucky bastards, best 3-7 years of your lives, don't waste it!)

What is citizenship?

Edit: Oh and congrats to everyone who got what they wanted and are going to uni (lucky bastards, best 3-7 years of your lives, don't waste it!)

Kinda like a mix of Politics, Philosophy, Economics and R.E, with a fair bit of current affairs in there too. A good example would be the 'pre-released topics' from my last exam. We could choose questions about Transition Towns, or questions about Ethical Banking. Most people in our year saw it as a doss subject though, but it was easy and got me an A grade, so I'm not complaining :D

University's so overrated imo.

I'd been going through a few 'top' university websites not long ago, and on some of their courses getting a 'B & two C'S' (eg.) are required.

Thank God for Malcolm.

Sorry for spoiling the party. >_<

Congratulations for those who got their required grades for first choices. :trumpet:

Civil Engineering. I'm looking forward to banter between Leicester and Forest fans around there!

I was 4 UMS off in Physics (which could have only been 2/3 marks in an exam) so not sure whether to get it remarked or not... but £35 per paper is steep :/

University's so overrated imo.

I'd been going through a few 'top' university websites not long ago, and on some of their courses getting a 'B & two C'S' (eg.) are required.

Thank God for Malcolm.

Sorry for spoiling the party. >_<

Congratulations for those who got their required grades for first choices. :trumpet:

lol And which 'top' universities would they be?

Guest Col city fan

Uni is great i would recommend it to anyone.

Best years of my life, apart from the fact I was always hard up.

Was captain of the College team and played for the Uni.

I remember one match we played against Liverpool Uni.. They came out in an all red strip and absolutely mullered us.. Something like 7-0.

It was like playing against bloody Liverpool at the time (1989)... Never played in a game where we were so completely overrun.

Guest Col city fan

Civil Engineering. I'm looking forward to banter between Leicester and Forest fans around there!

I was 4 UMS off in Physics (which could have only been 2/3 marks in an exam) so not sure whether to get it remarked or not... but £35 per paper is steep :/

lol And which 'top' universities would they be?

I was 1.25% off a first and I paid the fee for a remarking.. Bastards still gave me a 2.1.

lol

I was 1.25% off a first and I paid the fee for a remarking.. Bastards still gave me a 2.1.

lol

A miss is as good as a mile. Seldom do marks get changed and from personal experience the vast majority of examiners are looking to reward candidates not penalise them.

Most students fail to see the importance of coursework, that is the one thing you can control and perfect yet so many leave it till the last minute. Exams are only easy if you have done mock after mock after mock. Revision and the retention of facts is not the way to go.

Guest Col city fan

A miss is as good as a mile. Seldom do marks get changed and from personal experience the vast majority of examiners are looking to reward candidates not penalise them.

Most students fail to see the importance of coursework, that is the one thing you can control and perfect yet so many leave it till the last minute. Exams are only easy if you have done mock after mock after mock. Revision and the retention of facts is not the way to go.

The problem I had was that my final mark was made up from eight modules over two years. One of the modules was 'questionnaire design' which was taught craply and very boring. I got 56% in that which brought down my total average mark. Just a bit more effort on my part on that module and I've have got a first quite easily. Oh well, cest la vie.

The problem I had was that my final mark was made up from eight modules over two years. One of the modules was 'questionnaire design' which was taught craply and very boring. I got 56% in that which brought down my total average mark. Just a bit more effort on my part on that module and I've have got a first quite easily. Oh well, cest la vie.

Says a lot about your 'poll creating' abilities! ;)

• 4 months later...

I've just received my daughters result from her 1st GCSE maths exam, unit 2 foundation tier.

She got 49 out of 66 which would of been a C grade, but as the exam board have significantly increased the the mark needed to 53 from 41 after she took the exam, but before they marked them she received a D grade.

I, the school and probably many other parents are fuming as we've only just been told of the increase. This is very unfair. :@

Everybody else in the same boat??

Archived