Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

He's been offered accommodation in Aqua House.

Again I know where that is but haven't been inside.

Considering Lincoln was your first choice, how come accommodation hasn't been sorted before now? My first choice was Nottingham Trent and I had accommodation sorted for there well before results day.

100% pass rate from the other side of the fence, as it were.

Students utterly beasted the coursework but found the exam hard going, it was pretty difficult if I'm honest, and am fairly pleased overall.

Congrats. Same here. I only have 12 Sixth Formers but I had 5 get their target grades and 7 exceed their targets by a grade more so I have to be pretty chuffed with that.

There's seemingly been some dodgy-looking exam marking in some subjects though.

Oh and well done to all of those who took exams and congratulations to those who achieved the grades they wanted.

• 9 months later...
Guest Kopfkino

Got the first of my A2s tomorrow. This time next Thursday I'll be free for the summer, can't ****ing wait

Guest Kopfkino

Same here, psychology?

Economics, it's the exam I find hardest so good to just get it over with

Guest Kopfkino

Horrible isn't it. Finished Spanish my last exam so time to relax.

Can't wait for that feeling next Thursday

Got a 3 hour 15 mins law exam next Tuesday which I am not looking forward to.

Also just got feedback on a reflective essay I did a few weeks ago and got 58. My average has been 76 so far this year. The feedback is ****ing useless - about three sentences long included how I made spelling, typing, and grammatical errors in the essay. I made none and there two grammatical errors in the bloody feedback!

Honestly some of the people marking work at these places are terrible. I showed my Dad who is a professor and he cannot understand how it got such a low grade. It shouldn't make too much difference but it really does piss me off.

Guest Kopfkino

Got a few booked, Sheffield, Manchester and Newcastle, got my last resort as Sheffield Hallam which is on june 14th. Doing business management.

Newcastle for an open day?! That's a trek lol

I only did one open day, that was Nottingham just to get a feeling for uni and go to one I hadn't already been to. Didn't have any interest in going, you must have some serious interest in Newcastle to do that

Got a few booked, Sheffield, Manchester and Newcastle, got my last resort as Sheffield Hallam which is on june 14th. Doing business management.

Might be in a decent position to help you here! Did Business management at newcastle for a year and absolutely hated it. My accommodation didn't help but the course was terrible. So amateur and the teaching was really poor. Also the type of people who did management there seemed to be quite unfriendly. Nobody spoke to each other in lectures which was bizarre.

Switched to do my second year in Sheffield and it's been so much better. Accommodation and student experience voted best in the UK and had no problems with the course whatsoever apart from this essay I've just done. So glad I made the decision to leave and would recommend the place to anyone.

Oh and it's a lot easier having a season ticket in Sheffield than it is in Newcastle! Some serious journeys were done haha

Guest Kopfkino

Ahh, nice, yeah business/economics is something I'm thinking about, had that exam this morning. Have had a little look at Sheffield.

^Went to Nottingham for that Ucas fair, didn't do much for me tbh.

Yeah I hated the place. Campus was too big and there was no atmosphere or anything. Been to Birmingham since and that really shows how good a campus can be

Archived