Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

GRID 2

Anyone gone out and got this today? Unexpected expenses yesterday have made me reconsider getting it today.

I've got the Brands Hatch edition . Haven't played it yet but my mate says its epic

I got the limited edition version from GAME, £44.99. Will be cheaper at Tesco or asda, and cheaper for the standard edition

I'm presuming the 'limited edition' bit is that Brands hatch is available to race on? Anything else on it that's different from the standard edition do you know?

I'm presuming the 'limited edition' bit is that Brands hatch is available to race on? Anything else on it that's different from the standard edition do you know?

You get Brands Hatch , the McLaren mp4-12c and the mecedes slr

Got this yesterday. Had a good few hours on the career mode today.

It's decent enough, graphically anyway and generally the gameplay is fairly exciting if you play it on a difficulty that challenges you. A couple of things though...

1. The AI is ridiculous at times, smashing you off a cliff or into the side of a mountain whilst still managing to stay on the racing line with ease. Yet if you try and give a guy a little nudge into the barrier they just overpower you and you end up in the barrier!

2. The choice of views available is the worst I've seen on a racing game in a long time. Trying to play on one of the 2 out of car views is impossible I find, and the bumper view is just too low. Seeing as they have made the tracks 'dynamic' it would be helpful if you could actually see where the next corner is.

I have chosen to use the bonnet view, which is fine when racing in my team colours but when doing vehicle challenges the reflection of the track and it's surroundings on the car bonnet is so off putting at times.

I do actually like it though!! Minor niggles really. I do hope the raise the eye level on the bumper view if/when they put an update up though.

The online play is better on the original, the fact that you could chose what category to race in. This is random . I do like the fact that the lowest ranked player starts on pole though .

The online play is better on the original, the fact that you could chose what category to race in. This is random . I do like the fact that the lowest ranked player starts on pole though .

I haven't tried online yet. Want to get the career thing done first. My previous comment about the viewing options was maybe a little harsh, I've played it again today and the bumper view isn't as bad as I first thought. Although the shine from the bonnet is still very misleading at times!!

Really enjoying it.

Getting this delivered, tomorrow. I've been told online everyone has an impact rating that tells you how dirty they are. That sounds perfect for me. I detest 12 year-olds that don't brake on the first corner knowing that the car in front will slow them down.

Getting this delivered, tomorrow. I've been told online everyone has an impact rating that tells you how dirty they are. That sounds perfect for me. I detest 12 year-olds that don't brake on the first corner knowing that the car in front will slow them down.

They had that on Dirt 3. It seemed to calm a lot of people down but you will always get the odd bellend. 

Archived