Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leagues 1&2 2013/14 Stuff it in here!

Thought that would happen. I do like Jackett though, think he is a solid manager and will do well at Wolves. Just needs to get rid of those ego players (Johnson, O'Hara for starters).

I can see sadly Cov coming up next season along with Sheffield United and either Swindon or Notts County to come up via the play offs.

League Two: Cheltenham Town, Burton Albion & Portsmouth with Chesterfield coming up via play offs.

Kenny Jackett appointed Wolves boss. He has dropped down a division but has the potential to climb the leagues with what are probably the second biggest club in the Midlands (after Villa) if it goes well.

He also looks like my biology teacher.

If they're so big how come they've been down to the 4th tier and the 3rd more than once?

If they're so big how come they've been down to the 4th tier and the 3rd more than once?

I think we all know league position does nothing to say how big a club you are. I doubt many would say Swansea are a bigger club than Wednesday or Leeds (not having a pop at Swansea) or that Yeovil are bigger than some League 2 and even non-league clubs like Bradford and Luton respectively. This debate has been wandering the forum probably a bit too much and it just a harmless comment to suggest that if Jackett does well at Wolves he will make a name for himself, I wasn't looking for confrontations.

Wolves remind me of us when we went down to League One.

A team that should at least be looking at mid-table security relegated largely because of shocking management.

Jackett will do what Pearson did and lead Wolves to absolutely walk the league.

They've also won the First Division three times. They're just one of those clubs who goes up and down the leagues a lot.

For me a club's league position in a given season is a fairly poor indicator of their size - Clubs like Luton and Portsmouth, Wigan and Yeovil are all a long way from where they 'should' be according to their size. You have to look at least twenty years of history before you can give a good assessment, clubs are always going to have a few bad seasons is a row.

It's all about personal opinions again, isn't it...

I see Wolves as a big club, where as you might not. I'm not sure if they are the second biggest in the West Midlands after Villa though because that might be slightly unfair on West Brom. I mean, WBA have won a lot of honours throughout their history (including 5 FA Cups), and both WBA and Wolves have good fanbases. And now, which is what it's all about, they are a solid top flight team.

There are many different reasons, as we all know. Newcastle haven't won anything in 50 years yet people seem to call them a big club.

They've also won the First Division three times. They're just one of those clubs who goes up and down the leagues a lot.

For me a club's league position in a given season is a fairly poor indicator of their size - Clubs like Luton and Portsmouth, Wigan and Yeovil are all a long way from where they 'should' be according to their size. You have to look at least twenty years of history before you can give a good assessment, clubs are always going to have a few bad seasons is a row.

I just wondered why they were considered bigger than us, I wouldn't say they have quite as many fans as us and their dropping into the 3rd isn't a one off like it was for us. They were there for a while last time weren't they?

Big club yes, but I don't consider them bigger than us, West Brom or even Forest.

I just wondered why they were considered bigger than us, I wouldn't say they have quite as many fans as us and their dropping into the 3rd isn't a one off like it was for us. They were there for a while last time weren't they?

Big club yes, but I don't consider them bigger than us, West Brom or even Forest.

I don't know, I think there are a lot of clubs in the midlands who are quite similar and it very much comes down to opinions, it's not at all clear cut. Attendance-wise West Brom, Derby, Forest, Wolves and ourselves are all very close, only a few thousand separating them.

I suppose our lack of trophies doesn't help us much here, need to bag an FA Cup or two!  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived