Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leagues 1&2 2013/14 Stuff it in here!

That last penalty was pathetic. I know you're under pressure but FFS at least show some professionalism and try and compose yourself, take the fvcker properly. He clearly didn't want to be there and just wanted to get it over with. He basically passed it to the goalkeeper.

He's a striker as well. You could understand it if he'd played the whole game and was struggling with fatigue but he was a sub. He's also put his name down for the 5th pen so he knew he may have a pressure pen.

He's not the first to bottle it though, and won't be the last.

If you're a professional footballer, you play to be in those situations. If you're not prepared to deal with them you shouldn't be playing.

Missing is one thing but not being man enough to take it with any conviction is another.

Dagnall isn't the best of strikers to be honest. I wasn't really surprised he missed it, looked like he struggled to walk up, yet alone take it,

At least he didn't try to chip it, eh.

Less than 12000 tickets sold between them for today's final. That is beyond dreadful.

two very small clubs from very small areas, what did you expect? 

if burton had sold their end out there'd only be people in here saying "were did all deez glory huntaz cum from omgzzz!!" 

Nice to see two of the newer football league clubs in the final, Ideally i'd like to see Burton go up got nothing against them and wish them all the best. Who would have thought the idea of Coventry playing Burton in a league fixture.

Come on Burton. Want them to win so much I've stuck my biggest bet of the season on Fleetwood to get promotion to soften the blow if Burton don't do it.

If Burton can get in League 1 it will be a remarkable achievement.

Come on Burton. Want them to win so much I've stuck my biggest bet of the season on Fleetwood to get promotion to soften the blow if Burton don't do it.

If Burton can get in League 1 it will be a remarkable achievement.

This. And they have Gary Rowett and Billy Kee (From Loughbrough and an academy product) in their team.

I'm rooting for Fleetwood Town, a great little family club who were no more than a local pub team a few years back.

Andy Pilley has put £10m of his own money in and is a proper football man, I reckon he deserves it. 

I'm rooting for Fleetwood Town, a great little family club who were no more than a local pub team a few years back.

You could say the same thing about Burton. Only got into the Conference in 2002. Both small clubs that have had positive investment not only on the field but also to their infrastructure, Burton's stadium was built in 2005 and Fleetwood's was built/built upon in the 2000s as well. Either way it will be a great result, but I'm backing Burton as the most local of the two clubs.

Ian Hume playing

Oh how the mighty have fallen after leaving us when we got relegated to League One.

Nah, he was the best of a bad bunch for us.

I'm supporting Fleetwood, purely for their Jamie Vardy connections lol

I think I am really. As has been said Burton have a few Leicester connections are are localish to us, but think I edge towards Fleetwood and the only reason I can come up to as of why is I think due to Vardy lol

I was going to bet on Fleetwood but literally every football team i've bet on this weekend has lost so have gave up on football for this weekend.

(Apart from Real Madrid in extra time but the original bet of Real Madrid to win the match didn't happen)

Oh how the mighty have fallen after leaving us when we got relegated to League One.

Nah, he was the best of a bad bunch for us.

I think I am really. As has been said Burton have a few Leicester connections are are localish to us, but think I edge towards Fleetwood and the only reason I can come up to as of why is I think due to Vardy lol

I was going to bet on Fleetwood but literally every football team i've bet on this weekend has lost so have gave up on football for this weekend.

(Apart from Real Madrid in extra time but the original bet of Real Madrid to win the match didn't happen)

I don't think Hume's head injury helped his progress...

I don't think Hume's head injury helped his progress...

True, I had forgotten about that to be quite honest, regardless I think we'd still be in a position to say how the mighty have fallen given our situation now. Hard to say because he could have improved, had he not had the horrific injury, moved on from Barnsley to better things, but I doubt it really.

True, I had forgotten about that to be quite honest, regardless I think we'd still be in a position to say how the mighty have fallen given our situation now. Hard to say because he could have improved, had he not had the horrific injury, moved on from Barnsley to better things, but I doubt it really.

Sure fair enough, I'd forgotten myself until I googled him before the game. It really was a shame as like you said he was one of the better players in our relegation season, so it's easy to feel sorry for him!

On balance, I would like Burton to go up.

Fleetwood appear to be a well run club and I wish them well, too.

Looks like defences are on top - maybe yet another big game this weekend that will go beyond the 90 minutes.

Feel for the young lad in goal.

:(

Today aint the time to be doing that.

I think that is his first mistake in the playoffs aswell. He's been decent at claiming crosses and high balls in the semis but did a clanger there.

Archived