Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leagues 1&2 2013/14 Stuff it in here!

What sort of fvcking music do they play at Wembley when you win thesedays. Bloody Pharrel Williams.

They should be playing Status Quo, Rocking all over the world.

I had to cringe a little every time that has been played every time at Wembley this weekend.

Wonder if Jamie Vardy is there having a party?

What sort of fvcking music do they play at Wembley when you win thesedays. Bloody Pharrel Williams.

They should be playing Status Quo, Rocking all over the world.

They should be letting people make their own noise...

I remember seeing Fleetwood at Hinckley only a few years ago, there was incident with the cod mascot... he ran on the pitch and had a right go at the ref, he got chucked out. 

I'm not sure they should play the lower league finals at wembley, only 12,000 there apparently. Perhaps they should consider playing the league two and conference final somewhere else, I seem to recall the walkers being used as a conference play off final once.

Fleetwood were the better side and deserved it. Felt a bit for the goalkeeper, his error will get highlighted, but he made two or three great saves early on in the first half.

I remember seeing Fleetwood at Hinckley only a few years ago, there was incident with the cod mascot... he ran on the pitch and had a right go at the ref, he got chucked out. 

I'm not sure they should play the lower league finals at wembley, only 12,000 there apparently. Perhaps they should consider playing the league two and conference final somewhere else, I seem to recall the walkers being used as a conference play off final once.

Always a bit of a lottery with size of fanbases in the lower leagues though given both towns are close to bigger and more established clubs, when you think about Burton (lot of Derby and Leicester fans there) and Fleetwood (Blackpool and probably a few Preston, plus support for the Manchester and Liverpool clubs in the town).

If the play-off final had been between Portsmouth and Oxford both clubs would easily have taken five figures.

What a day.. As Sky seemed to point out and radio stations Billy Kee's wife was in labour.

I was going to the game anyway, then Billy rang to say got you tickets in the posh seats, with a 3 course meal in the Bobby Moore suite before and free booze. He came back from London on the Sunday to be with his wife, got round his Monday morning, still no baby, the lad had 2 hours sleep! Drove him back to St Albans, on to the ground, fantastic day, Wembley from the posh seats is some experience. I was one of them wankers that you moan at on the tele for not being in their seats after HT. 

Terrible game of football, obviously wanted Burton to win but they didn't do enough, had a 10 minute spell at the start of the second half but that was about it, gutted when Billy went through and put it over. 

Full time, Billy stayed out there for 5 minutes and straight back to the changing room, was with us again just after 5pm then drove him back to the General. Still no baby!!

• 2 years later...

Russell Slade has been sacked as manager of Coventry City, who are bottom of the League One table.

The 56-year-old only won three of his 16 games in charge of the Sky Blues following his appointment on 21 December.

Coventry are 13 points adrift of safety in the third tier following Saturday's 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury.

The Ricoh Arena side have reached the final of the EFL Trophy and will play Oxford at Wembley on 2 April.

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39173233

Archived