Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leagues 1&2 2013/14 Stuff it in here!

Rory Delap's at Burton for the season. Hoping they go one better this year and get promotion.

Didn't see much of Delap last season, has he still got a regular 90 minutes in him? Thought it was a good signing for them but not sure how fit he is nowadays.

They've lost Maghoma and Zola though, they were big players for them last year.

Soft? It was a blatant red. You can't have your foot that high with studs clearly showing. It's a danger to an opposition player regardless of getting ball first. 

Yes, Stan, soft.

It's not like he's gone flying in, two feet off the ground and endangered someone's career. Yellow card and a good ticking off from the ref.

Yes, Stan, soft.

It's not like he's gone flying in, two feet off the ground and endangered someone's career. Yellow card and a good ticking off from the ref.

Well considering a high foot leads to a free-kick anyway, he's ended up studding the player in the side of the chest. Not sure how that can be classed as 'soft'. 

I'd say that the height of his foot was pretty dangerous and nearly as, if not just as, dangerous as flying in 2-feet off the ground and taking someone's legs out.

There's no way that red card was soft. What more do you need to do to get a red? The bloke's foot was rib high and he jabbed him in the side. You can't tackle like that. The fact he got the ball and still maimed the other guy shows you it wasn't acceptable.

There's no way that red card was soft. What more do you need to do to get a red? The bloke's foot was rib high and he jabbed him in the side. You can't tackle like that. The fact he got the ball and still maimed the other guy shows you it wasn't acceptable.

lol  lol  lol Maimed! I'm sure he's nursing a terrible 2cm scratch this morning. Don't worry, I don't think it'll be terminal.

Respect to Portsmouth - 10'500 season tickets sold, as well as 4'000 replica shirts bought by fans.

Record attendance so far this season for a League Two match - 18'181 (of which roughly 2'500 were traveling Oxford United followers) wanted to see the game.

David Connolly is in a class of his own in that league.

Really good, key player for Pompey.

Personally when he was here, he was good but couldn't help thinking that he was the best of a poor bunch.

We wasted him with our negative style. Just thumping the ball up to a big man for him to run onto a flick on.

He'd have been best suited to our style at the start of last season, maybe playing just behind the strikers, where he'd used the ball wisely.

There's some serious quality in League Two this season! Tom Soares at Bury, what the fook has happened to him? HHe's still only 27. He tore us a new arsehole about 4 seasons ago. My local team AFC Wimbledon have had a steady start, they battled bravely against relegation last year so i'm hoping they can push on a bit under the legend, Neil Ardley. Hoping to get down to a few games this season.

They've got Teddy Sheringham's son Charlie, now he's never going to be as good as his old man but he's been lethal in non-league football so I hope he can put a few away. They've also signed an absolute nutcase of a young winger from Cardiff called Sainte-Luce he nearly got sent down for pinging two women in a night club. What a lovely man. Looks quality though for that level.

I'll do a few match reports to any games I go.

Crawley with 91st minute equaliser at Wolves.

The least they deserved after the chances they created first half.

Edit: Wolves get 93rd minute penalty which they score.

Crawley were excellent I thought. Some experience at the back and a better keeper and they'd be right up there.

Wow, what a terrible first few games for Carlisle in League One! 

Three hefty defeats in their first three games, a goal difference of -12 and now they've just gained their first point of the season.

It's almost inevitable that they'll be us in the cup then. Whenever a team is on a poor run we always seem to be able to help them turn it around.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived