Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

Can think of many reasons to keep DD. Can think of few to get rid. Curious. Why is there never a good 'head-butt' rumour around when, for once, a story is crying out for one ? Can't one of our NITK's invent one ?

There's always a headbutt rumour just around the corner. They're like buses....

Why are some surprised that Waggy may be let go? He's barely had a kick for the second half the season, barely even on the bench.

So clearly NP no longer rates him or, without wanting to start rumours, they have 'fell out'.

I recently watched some of the TV highlights (yes, I know highlights don't give the full picture)  from earlier in the season and Waghorn was excellent, especially in the match against Derby.  I would like to see him stay as he could well develop into an excellent forward

As for Drinkwater - I'd be astonished if he really is on the list.  It could just be down to poor/lazy journalism or a simple mistake.  I think I'll wait until we've had official confirmation from the club on this one. 

Surprised at Drinkwater in that he is someone who has been selected so often, James & King is a fine pairing but there will be 46 games, injuries and suspensions, you need other options which leads me to think Pearson has at least one player in mind to bring in for that position. Either that or there's been a falling out. Never liked the guys name anyway, sounded like my Dads advice to me.

Some people are, others are just discussing the possibility.

It's John Percy's paper, so who knows.

I mean it's a fairly safe bet that with at least 4/5 of the ones on that list we are actually trying to offload them, but I'm not too sure about discussing people like Drinkwater leaving on the back of that report alone.

Not sure why so many want Drinkwater to go. He was up there with one of our best players prior to Christmas.

There's no doubting he lost his way and wasnt great after Christmas but doesnt make him a bad player.

People were raving about him when we signed him and he was one of the main reasons we accumalated so many points prior to Christmas.

As people of said, NP may already have someone up his sleeve or Drinkwater himself may of moaned to NP because he wasnt playing (like Beckford) and now he's being moved on

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether he has a year left or not. Has this been cleared up yet?

I don't know how accurate info is on this site ( http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/martyn-waghorn/aufeinenblick/spieler_61674.html )

but according to this - his contract runs out on 30th June 2013.  I'm also sure that when we signed him in 2010 he was reported in the Mercury as signing a 3 year contract.

The Merc are constantly saying it ends this summer.

If we offer him a new deal, on less money than he's on and he rejects it will we still get a fee for him? If we don't offer him a new deal, do we still get a fee? It's a strange one as he's worth money but it's evident we don't want him.

Guest Col city fan

Anyone happy to sell Drinkwater must be barmy.

The lad's got lots more to give for many years to come.

Again, stop blaming the players and start questioning some of the bizarre decisions and tactics of the beloved manager.

SSL, Danns, Konch, Beckford, Vardy, Futacs, Wellens, Gally.... I'd get rid of em like a shot.

But Drinkwater and Waggy would very much be part of a young and developing squad that I'd want to retain.

The forum is incredibly fickle. It was only a couple of months in that James was being slated as pretty much useless and Knocky as the best player we'd had in years.

How people's opinions of players change like the wind is beyond me.

Drinkwater suffered, like Marshall, Wood and Knocky due to a crisis of confidence in the team and due to some bizarre tactical decisions by Pearson. Does this make them crap players? No, of course it doesn't. It makes me question the manager more.

Archived