Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Suffolk_fox

Xbox 360 Capture card

Help!

My son has asked me for a capture card for an Xbox 360 so he can capture videos and transfer them onto his laptop (Vista)

There seems to be a massive variation in price, with some of the cheaper models having very vague descriptions. I don't understand DC60 and DC60+?

Being a tightwad, I'd rather not spend loads of £ if I can help it...

Help!

Video capture tends to get quite pricey.  Do you not have a video camera lying around?  Any cheapy job does the same thing.  If so, have a look at something like this :

Ive used a similar setup a couple of years ago when trying to get a video of a pro evo screamer!

Ive got the HD PVR (not the PVR2) and am actually selling it on ebay currently (it finishes on Saturday I think).

I'm expecting it to go for about £50 if your interested... I dont know too much about it though, I'm selling it on behalf of my son - he used it for capturing Xbox game footage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hello, i have a capture card and make videos on youtube, presumably what he will be doing...

avoid any capture card below £40, dazzles are very poor and most of them below this range is not HD quality. needs to be 720P or more.

i recommend getting the Avermedia Game Capture HD, this is the one i have... bought it 2 years ago and have had no problems to date. it is also one of the only ones not to require a laptop connected at all times, just records gameplay on to a memory stick. you can also live record without lag when switching to blue mode...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVerMedia-Capture-C281-Gameplay-Real-time/dp/B005RKDI8E

My Quality Test Video (watch in 720P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_n4HNkjS0

Archived