Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkHowieLCFC

Why we'll always love our LCFC...just one memory each at a time :-)

Guest Col city fan

The O'Neill years looked to me like they ticked every single box. If that is bettered any time soon I'll be surprised.

We're not a terrible club to support by any means but I definitely think it's worse than it used to be.

It is in my opinion

No doubt about it things started to change when we left Filbert St AND became relatively unsuccessful. This is clear to me.

The O'Neill years looked to me like they ticked every single box. If that is bettered any time soon I'll be surprised.

We're not a terrible club to support by any means but I definitely think it's worse than it used to be.

I had to suffer the pleat years before. That was bad.

Agreed with this, out of all the great moments this one was one of the only I attended.

same as me mate, I've missed Chelsea, Man City, Norwich, Forest ect away in recent years. But I managed to go to Southend and I loved every second of that day

The gate was about 18000, so we nearly matched Wimbledon.

I walked past Claridge outside the game post-match as he was doing a radio interview. Can't recall what I said to him, but he turned round and gave me a hug !!! Such a good night. Anyone remember Walshy's clearing 'header' in the second half where he basically headbutted their forward as the ball had long gone ?! Absolute determination that we would not yeald.

I had to suffer the pleat years before. That was bad.

I was home and away fan then and could never work out why Pleat went to different games to us.

His summing up of the game was never the city game I had just watched.

He must have been on vicy park spotting more tallent :(  :(  :(  :( However bad you think it is now its not WYS

Another walshy one! equaliser against arsenal...wow

Yes a great moment from a great match. The old Filbo went absolutely mental. To cap it all off the Arsenal players went all mardy arsed as they thought they had won it with that fantastic goal from Bergkamp. Even goby Ian wright who was not even playing at the end ran on to the pitch to have a go at Walshy.

Those were heady days for us , that's when fox's really " never quit " We knew that on our day we could and did beat anyone. God I long for those far off days under MON, what a team and what an atmosphere at the old filbo. :scarf:  :scarf:

I walked past Claridge outside the game post-match as he was doing a radio interview. Can't recall what I said to him, but he turned round and gave me a hug !!! Such a good night. Anyone remember Walshy's clearing 'header' in the second half where he basically headbutted their forward as the ball had long gone ?! Absolute determination that we would not yeald.

I can remember Hartford trying to punch the ball in the net and city fans trying to punch vinny jones when he took a throw in. It seemed like we defended the last ten minutes from our six yard box. The City fans were fantastic, really loud and boisterous, very lively.

I was home and away fan then and could never work out why Pleat went to different games to us.

His summing up of the game was never the city game I had just watched.

He must have been on vicy park spotting more tallent :(  :(  :(  :( However bad you think it is now its not WYS

Me too. An away win was really a very very rare treat. A once a season wonder.

Yes a great moment from a great match. The old Filbo went absolutely mental. To cap it all off the Arsenal players went all mardy arsed as they thought they had won it with that fantastic goal from Bergkamp. Even goby Ian wright who was not even playing at the end ran on to the pitch to have a go at Walshy.

Those were heady days for us , that's when fox's really " never quit " We knew that on our day we could and did beat anyone. God I long for those far off days under MON, what a team and what an atmosphere at the old filbo. :scarf::scarf:

Everything you've just said Flowy

Spot on

Guest Col city fan

4-0 against Leeds was a great night!

Dickov will go down as one of my favourite players in my lifetime, many will disagree with that but I love that type of player

Dickov was possibly one of City's most underrated players. He was the sniffer that most teams need but few have. I rated Dickov myself.

:thumbup:

Got loads

But the cup run under levein comes to my mind, was a fan during the o Neil days but I was young I think my memories are of that cup run beating charlton? and then the spurs game under levein. De vreis!!!! I went mental brilliant night.

The game vs arsenal where we nearly ended (and prevented them beating the record) their unbeaten run to which we were winning until late in the game where they scored 2 quick goals both offside. I was livid but proud of the city team.

So many great memories but when we beat Palace with Claridges wonder goal 2 seconds from the end, fantastic moment. Both the cup wins were great as well. Most recent though was when we beat saints away 2-0, me and my family only live about 17 miles away from Southampton and we seen city play there 6 times before and had NEVER scored so when Nuge hit that beauty to put us in front we just went ****ing mental.

Few good recent ones.

Scunthorpe 0-3 Leicester. How good a day was that? Class away day.

Coventry 0-1 Leicester. 6,200 fans go ballistic on the opening day.

Derby 0-2 Leicester. Another excellent away day, class away end and a very good performance.

Preston 0-1 Leicester. Play-offs secured in front of 3,000 away fans.

West Brom 1-4 Leicester. 22nd thump the league leaders away with a Steve Howard hat-trick. I'm still not convinced that actually happened.

The start of my passion.... it was my 14th birthday listening to radio Leicester when my step dads cousin scored 'that' goal against Oxford United in 91.....

We had season tickets from the following season.... the Wembley run started .... I felt I was the lucky omen (being called Daimien) lol

Left for skegness 2012...

Archived