Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkHowieLCFC

Why we'll always love our LCFC...just one memory each at a time :-)

Forest 2-3 Leicester Carling Cup

After all the winding up about Clive Clarke. I had to go school in Nottingham to unbelievable stick. The next day I knew I was in class with all forest fans and I felt sick at 2-1. To turn it round like that was truly remarkable. Felt like someone was looking down on me that day.

Since then I realise there probably isn't anyone looking down on me!

When all.is said and done, Knockeart's winner versus Forest was the single greatest MOMENT of my life.

Not event or day etc but moment. The explosion of emotion was nothing I'll ever experience again.

No shame to say I have teared up many times watching/listening to that goal!

Allways been brought up to follow the city.First game against Man city mid 70's when i was 7.Sat on the pillar on the old main stand at filbo!But the one that stood out for me was a run of the miil league game against Swindon probably mid eighties.We were 3 0 down at half time (pleat era) so wasn't suprising!Then we were a different team second half and drew 3.3.Been to Wembley and still a season ticket holder now,but that game was the best i've seen.

Brilliant thread - thanks.  Such great memories.

Also loved the 2 PO semi's v Portsmouth in 1992 (I think).  Winning at Forest (as our "home" game) and then getting through at Portsmouth.  Both fantastic memories.  Loved revisiting others through this thread, plus many more (and hopefully more to come)...

Joachims goal in the 'home' game is one of my favourite ever goals. But his goal away against Barnsley in the FA cup tops that, i was 7 years old, first away game. When he scored the end went ballistic, total carnage!

1974 fa cup semi final reply against Liverpool mid week at a packed Villa Park when the cup was the best club knock out competition in the world. I was in my early teens. We filled the Holte End when it was all terraced, and part of the side stands. When we equalised, waves of hundreds of city fans falling forwards. We sang a brilliant "never walk alone" with loads of scarves (all clubs' fans sang it then). Fantastic until Keegan and Toshack combined to score their winning wonder goal. What a great city team - exciting, classy, attacking with real stars.

Now you are talking. Went to the first game too the 0 0 at Old Trafford. Absolutely brilliant atmosphere, nearly getting crushed great singing that is when football was football no overpaid mercenaries oh the memories. If we could have half the players we had then we would be going places. Not the over hyped useless gits we have now.

Archived