Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Fixtures 2013/14

Guest Col city fan

Says the man with 10,000 posts to his name...but yeah you guys go get a life :rolleyes:

And all 10,000 complete quality!

That takes some going son...

lol

All I meant was, don't you get bored of it, just a little bit?

Personally I ain't really bothered who we play in the first few games. Maybe it's an age thing?

lol

It's a cliche but we have to hit the ground running, it's a hard start and we cannot afford to have a lacklustre, slow start to the season.

We cannot start like last season and like my signature alludes to 'play well and not get results'. We must atleast get results, fuck playing well, get results first then worry about playing well. Obviously we want both, but playing well doesn't gain points, getting results does.

I wonder if we can be what Stoke are to us to Doncaster?

I wonder if we can win the league on the last day of the season and send Doncaster down on the last day and their fans can be bitter about us like ours are to Stoke.

It doesn't particularly matter who we're playing, or what order we're playing them in. Teams will hit form and lose it at different times throughout the season, players will get injured... it's the biggest cliche of the lot, but there are no easy games in the Championship - anyone in this league is capable of beating anyone else.

One of our 'easiest' runs on paper last year turned out to be a real struggle, so I don't pay too much attention to who we're playing when or where.

Yeovil on a bastard Tuesday night! :frusty:

This is what happened last year, which amongst alot of things frustrated me even more, loads of away games I wanted to go to were midweeks or shit times of the year!

lol

Some of you guys soooo fit into the stereotype of young men 'living for football'.

You talk in seasons, not years, and await the fixture lists in such eager anticipation.

Go out fellas, do something else for a few weeks, write a bit of poetry or summat.

Let yourselves recharge your football batteries perhaps,

lol

And there you are on Foxestalk?

At least having it first days adds value to it and makes it more attractable, may make it decent.

Very valid but still can't see us having over 2,000 there. It's one of them grounds we just don't travel well to ever.

lol

Some of you guys soooo fit into the stereotype of young men 'living for football'.

You talk in seasons, not years, and await the fixture lists in such eager anticipation.

Go out fellas, do something else for a few weeks, write a bit of poetry or summat.

Let yourselves recharge your football batteries perhaps,

lol

I used to 'live for football', honestly. During my school life it's all I ever took pleasure from. But, I've changed since then, Col. It isn't 'my life' anymore... I still love football. I'm a Leicester fan, but on top of that, I'm a football fan. Of course, I admire the legends of the game - Cryuff, Clough, Moore, Pele, Best etc... But, I also see the other side and have become one of those that understands that there are other things in life, that take more priority.

However, fixtures day. It's 'one of those days' isn't it? I do have other hobbies, yeah, but it is still a very exciting day as a football fan. I've been waiting for this ever since the final whistle blew at Watford. And I know a lot of football fans that feel the same way.

I'm happy with that ....... Good away day first game. Also means not going to have to change my holidays. Just go a day later and come home a day earlier....... to fit around Leeds at home and Brum at home. Been to Derby loads of time and no doubt it will be on Sky. Blackpool away on a Saturday in September has a great weekend written all over it

I wonder if we can be what Stoke are to us to Doncaster?

I wonder if we can win the league on the last day of the season and send Doncaster down on the last day and their fans can be bitter about us like ours are to Stoke.

Maybe if we stamp on their players, attack their fans and invade the pitch before the final whistle. And then play several years in the top flight playing the most boring, dirty football known to man.

Archived