Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

And it all begins again

Guest ttfn

Derby's first match is on TV, Sky I doubt will want our game at them being on too.

To be honest away matches getting moved for TV is fairly irrelevant. People don't pay hundreds of pounds weeks or months in advance for away games.

1 Saturday 3pm this year at home and yet at least 5 or 6 away.

I dont know what you bafoons are moaning about. Ive had a chat with Rupert Murdoch and hes assured me they are only televising/moving one Leicester game this year. He seems like an honest, genuine and law-abiding guy. He wouldnt lie to me..... would he? :whistle:

I bet they put our game on just to show what happened in the play-offs...even though in the end it didn't matter!

Do you think the fact your games are shown in Asia have an influence on Sky?

Mind you Leicester v Leeds is potentially a better match than the other ones they've selected so far.

I bet they put our game on just to show what happened in the play-offs...even though in the end it didn't matter!

Do you think the fact your games are shown in Asia have an influence on Sky?

Mind you Leicester v Leeds is potentially a better match than the other ones they've selected so far.

How long were you sat there thinking of a way to bring that up?  :dry:

Wonder how many people moaning will cancel their Sky Subscription?

Didn't think so

Stop moaning like old bids and get on with it, you wont mind the sky money if we went up would you eh? eh?

Personally I dont mind as I work mon - fri 9 - 5 :)

I agree with you sentiment but the amount of home games we had moved last year was ridiculous and now this, it's a bit much, United probably played more 3pm games at Old Trafford!

I agree with you sentiment but the amount of home games we had moved last year was ridiculous and now this, it's a bit much, United probably played more 3pm games at Old Trafford!

They did. That was out of 19 as well compared to our 23. Simply remarkable.

Seem to think that it's if 6 home games are moved for television and that the refund is the price of a match ticket. 

1 match ticket?

Oh :unsure: well that's a real consolation isn't it.

TBH they can stuff it, for me personally it's not about how much it costs, I just wanna watch games at 3pm Saturday.

Can't believe the moaning on here re this ?.. A hell of a lot of clubs both in the championship and the premiership would go bust if it wasn't for sky and their money. You lot make me laugth! A lot are saying can't make that now bloody sky have to watch it in a pub now!

Well you idiots if it wasn't on the box i.e sky you wouldn't watch it at all unless you went to the ground! Didn't buy a season ticket because of sky. Well bully for you. What does that prove? You are suppose to support Leicester what has sky got to do with it.

Besides gives the club a chance to show off our sparkly advertising hoardings again! Pity the money didn't go into the team and some better players though.

Can't believe the moaning on here re this ?.. A hell of a lot of clubs both in the championship and the premiership would go bust if it wasn't for sky and their money. You lot make me laugth! A lot are saying can't make that now bloody sky have to watch it in a pub now!

Well you idiots if it wasn't on the box i.e sky you wouldn't watch it at all unless you went to the ground! Didn't buy a season ticket because of sky. Well bully for you. What does that prove? You are suppose to support Leicester what has sky got to do with it.

Besides gives the club a chance to show off our sparkly advertising hoardings again! Pity the money didn't go into the team and some better players though.

Id much rather watch it in the KP rather than in a pub. But due to it being moved I cant. Its that simple. If that makes me an 'idiot' then so be it.

Guest MattP

Utter nonsense, how many clubs from the top two divisions went bust or even into administration in the 105 odd years before Sky came along??? Exactly.

They are getting into financial difficulty because of Sky.

They get loads of money in which in turn encourages chairman to have higher budgets than are sensible and when they get relegated the difference in money leaves them struggling to pay the daft contracts they have on the books.

No skin off my nose, I'll be there regardless.

I know everyone's pissed off but had we got promoted last season we'd still be in the same situation now

1) We didn't get promoted.

2) I very much doubt we'd still be in the same situation, I'd estimate 3 at most games would be moved (That's being very generous aswell) and I'd be very surprised if anymore than 1 were a home game.

Utter nonsense, how many clubs from the top two divisions went bust or even into administration in the 105 odd years before Sky came along??? Exactly.

They are getting into financial difficulty because of Sky.

They get loads of money in which in turn encourages chairman to have higher budgets than are sensible and when they get relegated the difference in money leaves them struggling to pay the daft contracts they have on the books.

Some of your points are valid but football is now a business and not a sport. Advertising, Sponsorship, World wide audiences, all add up to more money. Since the advent of Sky certain teams i.e the big four have flourished. We fall into the bracket of your last paragraph unfortunately.

I could also say football was better before Sky, Espn and all other tv companies came along. However, we now live in an age where money runs everything without it you and i are fooked. Football in the last 105 years has changed considerably. Prawn sandwich brigade, Etc clubs didn't go bust back then cos it was more a working mans game, standing on a packed terrace, paying next to nothing to get in signing top quality players for £100,000 pounds not millions. Unfortunately times have changed and one could say so has the game. It certainly is not football which was a sport it is a business which equates to money and how much can we make? Sky has a say in that and it unfortunately will not change. Ffp will not help at all. It will unfortunately mean the rich will get richer and the poor will fall by the wayside and go bust. Sky and the premier league have contributed to this.

Guest MattP

Yep you are right in everything you have said. Difference is we tolerate, allow and then just accept it's that way and carry on going.

God I wish I was bought up in Germany where the fans come together to fight this rather than accept it.

Archived