Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

And it all begins again

Hmm, wasn't this hinted at yesterday in the sweepstake thread?

I won't hold my breath for an apology mr"promisedland"

I hear you Mr tom tom and I apologise, it wasn't personal to you more the fact posters (you included) leak a bit of info but not the full SP.

I just don't see the point in that, either spill the beans or say nothing at all but yes shoot me down in flames.

Sorry old chap!

Hmm, wasn't this hinted at yesterday in the sweepstake thread?

I won't hold my breath for an apology mr"promisedland"

I hear you Mr tom tom and I apologise, it wasn't personal to you more the fact posters (you included) leak a bit of info but not the full SP.

I just don't see the point in that, either spill the beans or say nothing at all but yes shoot me down in flames.

Sorry old chap!

what do they really care about? The fans or the money?

Money. Most clubs would probably sell their fans if they could. 

Yeah I would have tried to explain it better but I'm short for time, basic point was trying to make was before Sky the game was about enjoying yourself on Saturday's with your mates and prestige on those few occasions you won something.

Sky made money the be all and end all. People would rather have an 'investor' arrive at their football club these days than an exciting signing. It's really bizarre, the old boys will tell you about the 80's and early 90's, this will sound daft but the result wasn't usually that important.

Just a sign of the times I think. Sad reflection really that fans are almost proud of having success handed to them rather than working for it.

Money. Most clubs would probably sell their fans if they could. 

Sadly, the days of fans being first are gone, I think.

Football clubs are organisations, and money is the first priority. Clubs like Manchester United are brands now, look at how they are represented Worldwide.

My brother works for the Tigers.

He told me that Sky love to show the city games, because it means that logistically it's easy for them to then either before or after, schedule to show Tigers games. Thus saving Sky money in moving equipment around the country.

Common sense really :(

B*stards.

Whilst I feel sorry for season ticket holders that miss games due to working on the rearrange days, I think it's something they just have to accept is part of the modern game. Money matters, and TV money is big! I don't agree with refunding fans that choose not to go to the games, as this defeats the point of selling season tickets, as it gets guaranteed income at the start of the season. I think the offer lcfc have made is more than enough (I wouldn't even offer that if I was in charge, as it's not their fault games are moved).

At the end of the day the club need revenue and this is how they have to get it. It's the same for every club in our league. We might have been unlucky with the number of games moved last season but if Sky decided they wanted to show Barnsley at home 8/9/10 times in a season then they would, and the club could do nothing except smile at it's increased revenue.

If you don't want to run the risk of missing pre-paid games then don't buy a season ticket, just pay game-by-game, although I bet it'll cost more in the long run even missing out a few games, which just shows how good season ticket prices are!

Football is a business now and if you want your team to be successful and not end up like Portsmouth then accept that revenue is needed from TV appearances!

Oh and no I'm not a season ticket holder anymore, as I live in Vietnam now, but when I was I didn't miss a game (regardless of weather, moving shifts, taking holidays  etc- and I didn't moan about it either, as I choose to be a season ticket holder and understood what that meant).

Moving the Leeds game is brilliant news for me, as I can now get to the game on my short summer trip back to England! :D Cheers Sky!

I wouldn't mind as much if you got a larger share of the TV money the more times you appeared... we'd be ****ing rolling in it by now if that was the case!

Didnt know that.Really thought if you were on TV you got X amount each time you were on.

You're all just moaning about it for the sake of it. It's almost become a bandwagon and you're all just joining in. I'm happy were on sky. You all want to get to the prem so much... Why would you? You would all be moaning every month. What's so wrong with a Sunday game? At the end of the day don't buy a season ticket if the only time of the week you can watch leicester is 3pm on a Saturday. Wow you must all have busy busy lives if you can only watch leicester for 2 hours on a Saturday. Is that why you all have about 5000 posts on here. Something isn't adding up?

It all begins again? Why aren't you happy that sky see us against Leeds as a game they want to show live? Why don't you all go and support Cov? That way you would never have to forfeight your beloved 3pm Saturday slot. Or maybe a team like burnley? They don't get on sky a lot. Maybe because they have a shit ground and are generally quite boring. They won't be on sky much!

The first time sky turn up at a home game we should have a chant that's let's them know how we feel about then and sing it through out the game.

And it's sky sports Sunday

Sky sports Sunday again

Your by far the greatest coverage

The world has ever seen.

I assume that's what you meant

It all begins again? Why aren't you happy that sky see us against Leeds as a game they want to show live? Why don't you all go and support Cov? That way you would never have to forfeight your beloved 3pm Saturday slot. Or maybe a team like burnley? They don't get on sky a lot. Maybe because they have a shit ground and are generally quite boring. They won't be on sky much!

Oh god there is always one yes man. :rolleyes:

Archived