Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

iOS 7

Does this suggest the new iPhone is on the horizon?

How do iPhone releases work? I know they are 'top secret' on release dates e.t.c but from past release is there any pattern? Do they come out pre software release/just after software release e.t.c?

I have a iPhone 4, I have looked after it but it is tired now, it's slow, the Lock button has packed in, got a few scratches. I've been out of contract for a year this August, i'm on a rolling monthly, I havn't gone for a 4S or 5 because imo there isn't alot difference between the 4 and 4S/5, but think I have to get the new iPhone because I think my 4 is about ready to die.

• 3 weeks later...

Does this suggest the new iPhone is on the horizon?

How do iPhone releases work? I know they are 'top secret' on release dates e.t.c but from past release is there any pattern? Do they come out pre software release/just after software release e.t.c?

I have a iPhone 4, I have looked after it but it is tired now, it's slow, the Lock button has packed in, got a few scratches. I've been out of contract for a year this August, i'm on a rolling monthly, I havn't gone for a 4S or 5 because imo there isn't alot difference between the 4 and 4S/5, but think I have to get the new iPhone because I think my 4 is about ready to die.

Not sure because you have an iPhone 4 but you could try booking an appointment with the guys down at the Apple store and they could replace your phone free of charge. They did that with my iPhone 5 when my lock button packed up. For now, have you got AssistiveTouch? If you don't:

Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch. I'll use that for now. :)

Not sure because you have an iPhone 4 but you could try booking an appointment with the guys down at the Apple store and they could replace your phone free of charge. They did that with my iPhone 5 when my lock button packed up. For now, have you got AssistiveTouch? If you don't:

Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch. I'll use that for now. :)

Well I did think about going to the Apple shop but i'm well out of guarantee and i've already had one replaced when I was about a month out of guarantee as a goodwill gesture, they might do it again but I just havn't got round to booking an appointment and the new iPhone can't be too far away, yes I am using Assistive Touch.

Rumours are stating between a September 2nd - September 10th release for the iphone 5s or iphone 6 / Iphone 6C.

The new, iOS7 will be coupled with it.

Hopefully.

Archived