Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

NHL '94 Anniversary Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pLV4-RImk

I was hoping for a positive surprise when I heard about EA Sports idea to re-release a polished NHL '94.

It was my first ever hockey game and it got me hooked. For hours, days, weeks, months.

It was and still is the best ever hockey game. Simply because it was so much fun.

Yet... the Anniversary Edition will only be available to people purchasing NHL 14. And I'm not going to do that.

Why EA Sports, with all their master-trickery knowledge up their sleeves, do not see the potential of this being a prime example for a DLC that would sell like crazy on PSOnline and on the XBOX Live, I'll never know. But... they still have time and there's still hope they'll get there. Eventually.

I played the shit out of NHL 94 as a kid. My brother, my father, and I even had our own 3-team league, and my father used to keep stats on paper for it. :/

I appreciate how the game had different organ ditties to match the home team when a goal was scored. IIRC, it played "Brass Bonanza" in Hartford, "Les Canadiens sont là" in Montréal, "When the Saints Go Marching In" in St. Louis, and the Jaws theme in San Jose, among others.

I thought I had and loved 94 as a kid. Could have sworn it was on my EA Sports double header, Megadrive cartridge along with Madden of the same year.

But looking back, my NHL only had international teams. No St Louis, no Montreal. Did I have an earlier version or perhaps a hockey equivalent to FIFA.RTWC98?

I thought I had and loved 94 as a kid. Could have sworn it was on my EA Sports double header, Megadrive cartridge along with Madden of the same year.

But looking back, my NHL only had international teams. No St Louis, no Montreal. Did I have an earlier version or perhaps a hockey equivalent to FIFA.RTWC98?

That must've been EA Hockey. I think they released it over here with only the International teams.

God those games were good.

Archived