Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

FM 2013 - formations/tactis

I hope the Admins/mods don't mind a separate thread on this - feel free to merge if you think its not needed... just thought it might be helpful instead of trying to sift through 44 pages to get some tips on some good tactics/ formations!

I'm wondering what formations people are using as any that I seem to use don't seem to work- maybe its me, maybe its the game....

Its freaky how many games are finishing 2-2. just had yet another one with me ALWAYS racing into a 2-0 lead and them getting 2 goals in the 2nd half...

Either way, if anyone has a formation that they think is a right killer formation perhaps you could post it here? with screen shots, ect?

I have tried several.. giving each one a few months to work...

On older versions if I was favorite I would 90% of the time play attacking worked nearly all the time... quickly learnt not so on this game!!

Maybe its the training - I automatically assign the coaches. Wrong move?

Any advice would be appreciated!

EDIT:   Advice on how to spell tactics is not needed... :blush:

lol

I have the same problem.

This years version is just so harder than before.

I stick with a formation, we win 5 or 10 games. We lose 10 games straight without scoring. Have to change it and the same happens. I've played 442, 352, 4231 and more recently 4321 but all the same for me. 

Haven't really achieved anything apart from promotion. Just end up being in a relegation scrap every season. Although I'm in summer currently and I am actually spending to get in better players, I won't win the Premier League with Leeds but there's no reason why I can't win a domestic cup.

I have that 2-2 glitch sometimes. Also, two games in a row, I was 0-2 down, got back to 2-2 then conceded in the last minute to lose 3-2.

lol

I have the same problem.

This years version is just so harder than before.

I stick with a formation, we win 5 or 10 games. We lose 10 games straight without scoring. Have to change it and the same happens. I've played 442, 352, 4231 and more recently 4321 but all the same for me. 

Haven't really achieved anything apart from promotion. Just end up being in a relegation scrap every season. Although I'm in summer currently and I am actually spending to get in better players, I won't win the Premier League with Leeds but there's no reason why I can't win a domestic cup.

I have that 2-2 glitch sometimes. Also, two games in a row, I was 0-2 down, got back to 2-2 then conceded in the last minute to lose 3-2.

I couldn't even get Leicester promoted! Had to switch to a team with some Beastly money coming in..... ( Liverpool!)

Simple 4-4-2 for me, Got Rotherham from League 2 to the Championship in 3 seasons. Before leaving to top of the table Reading for a different challenge. 

GK - D

RB - S

BPD - D

CB - D

LB - S

W - A

BWM - D

DLP - S

W - A

CF - A

DLF- A

My formation.

(4-3-3)

Keeper

RB CB CB LB

CDM

CM

RW CAM LW

CF

Keeper - Sweeper

Right back - Attack

Centre back - Ball playing defender

Centre back - Stopper

Left back - Automatic

Centre defensive mid - Anchor man

Centre mid - Deep lying playmaker

Right winger - Winger

Centre attacking mid - Advanced playmaker

Left winger - Inside forward

Centre forward - Traquestia

I like to try and play football wether it be Football Manager or Fifa.

Obviously set Team Tactics to the obvious.

Passing - shorter

Tackling - normal

Closing down - lots

Roaming - Roam more

Set Advanced play maker to Target man and pass to feet. Will upload pictures when I get a chance.

Simple 4-4-2 for me, Got Rotherham from League 2 to the Championship in 3 seasons. Before leaving to top of the table Reading for a different challenge. 

GK - D

RB - S

BPD - D

CB - D

LB - S

W - A

BWM - D

DLP - S

W - A

CF - A

DLF- A

I have tried that... With Leicester, Everton, Liverpool, Aston Villa.. couple of other champ  clubs and just cant seem to get it to work.... for any of them! Exact same roles too!

352 with Man U (5 mids, not wing backs), was originally a Wigan save, was getting them into champions league towards the end, making good profit and bringing in some right gems with scouting network...then got offered the Man U job as mourinho went to bayern.

And seeing as I've never been a big side, as I don't see the point, I thought I'd give it a go. They finished 5th 3 seasons in a row so I thought I'd bring them back to the top with youth!

Winning every trophy for the last 3/4 seasons.

World club championships, community Shield, super cup, champions league, FA cup, league cup and premier league!

I dominate near enough every game with at least 60% possession, around 24+ minimum shots on goal per game. Quite often against lower league teams , ill shut them out with a 0 SOG 0 SOT.

Just brought in ter Stegen as de gea left and am conceding a few more now, but still 3/4 way through season atm and have only conceded 11.

Some of the regens I have are ridiculous, you wanna see some screenies?

352 with Man U (5 mids, not wing backs), was originally a Wigan save, was getting them into champions league towards the end, making good profit and bringing in some right gems with scouting network...then got offered the Man U job as mourinho went to bayern.

And seeing as I've never been a big side, as I don't see the point, I thought I'd give it a go. They finished 5th 3 seasons in a row so I thought I'd bring them back to the top with youth!

Winning every trophy for the last 3/4 seasons.

World club championships, community Shield, super cup, champions league, FA cup, league cup and premier league!

I dominate near enough every game with at least 60% possession, around 24+ minimum shots on goal per game. Quite often against lower league teams , ill shut them out with a 0 SOG 0 SOT.

Just brought in ter Stegen as de gea left and am conceding a few more now, but still 3/4 way through season atm and have only conceded 11.

Some of the regens I have are ridiculous, you wanna see some screenies?

go on then, also a screenie of your tactics too please :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived