Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Planetside 2

Might download. Looks fantastic but the connectin to my Internet is terrible and Wired connection would cost a fortune.

I'm really enjoying it. It's been out for a while now but it's still a work in progress. Need some decent hardware to run it nicely but visually it's stunning.

It's free to play and there's in game purchases. I've dropped around £20 into it which have gone on weapons and some upgrades. It's possible to do it without but would take way longer to do it without money. Not many people seem to have got into it in the UK, it's not as well known as Cod or Bf but the game play can be excellent.

I'm really enjoying it. It's been out for a while now but it's still a work in progress. Need some decent hardware to run it nicely but visually it's stunning.

It's free to play and there's in game purchases. I've dropped around £20 into it which have gone on weapons and some upgrades. It's possible to do it without but would take way longer to do it without money. Not many people seem to have got into it in the UK, it's not as well known as Cod or Bf but the game play can be excellent.

I've seen a couple of video reviews on it previous, looks outstanding for a free to play game and I'd be happy to spend £20 on it if it helps further development. I'd rate it a lot higher than COD and probably just on par if not better than BF. Looks very good strategy wise.

I've seen a couple of video reviews on it previous, looks outstanding for a free to play game and I'd be happy to spend £20 on it if it helps further development. I'd rate it a lot higher than COD and probably just on par if not better than BF. Looks very good strategy wise.

I'd say it requires a LOT more teamwork than both of those. Outfit-play is key. I'm in a smaller one on our sofa that's sort of 50/50 in terms of competitiveness/fun. I wouldn't want to play it by myself so there's me and couple of mates who hop on mumble and squad up and decide what we'll do. About 8-10 people is a good amount I find so you can do raids, take bases and join in on bigger battles.There's so many different play styles as well, steep learning curve but if you're good at it and play with mates/an outfit then it's great fun.

Also, this is the outfit I play in, one of the guys makes stupid videos :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYFZLF5AL4

Yeah it's a good game if you dont play or have bf3 on PC also coming to PS4 at launch apprently surpised not more people talk about this more cos for a F2P game it's deffiently up there with the best

It's not had the same marketing and a lot of people don't know about it. It also isn't a pick-up-and-play game like CoD is so it's got a much more niche market. A lot of people won't find it fun as well because it's a pretty steep learning curve and unless you're running with a squad it can be even harder.

It's not had the same marketing and a lot of people don't know about it. It also isn't a pick-up-and-play game like CoD is so it's got a much more niche market. A lot of people won't find it fun as well because it's a pretty steep learning curve and unless you're running with a squad it can be even harder.

True have seen a few adverts on tv for it tho but yeah without a squad it can make it feel like a different game.

• 1 month later...

Haydos, is this pointless without mates or a clan?

If it's anything like the original Planetside then it's gonna be one of those cases where you can play it on your own but it's much more fun and effective to work together as a group. But if you are on your own, you can still join up with strangers to form either squads or outfits. 

For the record, I used to play PS years ago with my mates and I still consider it to be one of the best games I've ever played. Unfortunately I don't quite have the hardware for PS2, so I'm not exactly sure how it measures up.

Haydos, is this pointless without mates or a clan?

It's not pointless but I think you'd find it harder to get the hang of and therefore keep playing.

It's a fantastic game...if it's your thing. I started playing with a few mates when it first came out but a few have dropped off and I play mostly now with my (fairly nerdy) mate's outfit from an gaming website. They're all pretty chilled and a couple of nights a week try and do more organised sessions. So I'd definitely say you've gotta find the right group to play with and I don't think i'd have too much fun on my own. 

I'd give it 10 or so hours and see how you get on. It's tough but if you like it (but think it's hard) try and find an outfit (by using the chat or checking out the forums) and see if it's more to your taste. 

TL;DR....Definitely better with mates who you can do organised/stupid shit with but does have some amazing gameplay.

Archived