Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

PS3 repair

My PS3 60gb original has finally packed in. I'm pretty sure the bluray drive/laser is to blame as it doesn't recognise a thing I put in it. I've gone through the system restore and all that and it still isn't working. Looking at GTAV sitting on a shelf is becoming quite annoying.

Does anyone know of a decent place I can get this fixed in or around town for less than £50?

Cheers.

My PS3 conked out and it was all to do with the solder. It's a very common problem, he just put the broken part in the oven. It reheats the solder which then sets back to how it should be. Now it works, he bought it off me for cheap so i don't have it anymore and he doesn't use it anything like as often as I would.

It might still conk out again at any second mind you, but it's something to consider or research before you pay someone.

Its normally on the main circuit board and a loose solder connection on the GPU or CPU. I used a hot air gun to warm mine up and make sure you put some new heat transfer paste on and remove the old paste. My PS3 went 3/4 times until i gave in and brought a Xbox 360.

Archived