Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Pes 2014

apologies if there is already a thread. I scrolled and saw nothing.

this years pes looks great but it is the worst pes yet. I thought id shout out a heads up in case people were thinking of getting it. my opinion I know but I think many will agree with me. all the tgings wrong with previous games are in here like dodgy keepers, sluggish play and weak shooting. rent first if you can. om stuck with a downloaded copy.

I would disagree man... i think the gameplay is spot on (although shooting does appear on the weak side)... Certainly makes this year's FIFA look like an arcade game

The only thing that PES lacks is game modes. Is apparent that they have stripped most things out of the game purely to focus on the play itself (which is refreshing). They clearly have an eye on the next gen release next year.

My brother came home with FIFA today and he is livid with it. It looks terrible. Looks very similar to the last 2, 3 even. 

(I am a PES fanboy, mind)

im a pes fan too. cannot get to grips with this one though. usually play on top play but I bumped it down to pro and still too hard. however im stick with it so fingers crossed I can find the joy.

thanks for the reply its good to hear someome having a positive experience with it. gives me hope :)

I downloaded the demo and liked it a lot more than FIFA. Just bought it but not played the retail version yet. Thinking of returning so I can get the download copy from the UK PS store so I can use the option file for real players etc as it doesn't work with the US one.

never been happier to be mistaken in my life. had a few games with barca last night on regular difficulty, the bumped it up to proffesional before switching off the advanced shooting. completely transformed the game, make such a difference knowing when you hit square you will unleash a missile and not a balloon! 

ended up spending all night on it. the keepers are still idiots but they always have been, this feels like pes again. 

never been happier to be mistaken in my life. had a few games with barca last night on regular difficulty, the bumped it up to proffesional before switching off the advanced shooting. completely transformed the game, make such a difference knowing when you hit square you will unleash a missile and not a balloon! 

ended up spending all night on it. the keepers are still idiots but they always have been, this feels like pes again.

Good news because I just started downloading it from the Uk PS store! Not sure why it took 24 hrs for my code to come through, I blame Paypal!

Have you found a decent option file yet? I've supposedly found one on http://winningelevenblog.com that seems to be pretty encompassing.

Yes to goalies... Some of the goals on demo I scored were very soft! I blamed authenticity of South American goalkeeping! :)

I was a massive PES fan from PES3 till PES2009 and I haven't bought one since, but I've never bought Fifa either.

Football games just move forward so slowly compared to all other game genres. If anything they were more fun in the PS2 days. I can only see football games being fun if you're playing online or locally with friends. Otherwise avoid avoid avoid.

Good news because I just started downloading it from the Uk PS store! Not sure why it took 24 hrs for my code to come through, I blame Paypal!

Have you found a decent option file yet? I've supposedly found one on http://winningelevenblog.com that seems to be pretty encompassing.

Yes to goalies... Some of the goals on demo I scored were very soft! I blamed authenticity of South American goalkeeping! :)

thats the one im using. its pretty good for now. be better when they do the player stats and kits

thats the one im using. its pretty good for now. be better when they do the player stats and kits

I just got it working - I had downloaded the UK one but it didn't work, then tried to convert to US, that didn't work, then realised I needed to update the Data Pack.  All working now,  I've also got some LCFC kit skins on mine.  Not done the players but will do for Master League!!

cool. im loving and hating this in phases at the moment. have some games that really flow and then not so much. been exoerimenting with advanced shooting too. never seem to have enough time to get a shot off.

where did you get the leicester kits?

cool. im loving and hating this in phases at the moment. have some games that really flow and then not so much. been exoerimenting with advanced shooting too. never seem to have enough time to get a shot off.

where did you get the leicester kits?

Same here, had a bit of a session the other night as the Mrs was out.  I'm liking the passing game and learning curve.  Need to learn more about tricks and beating a man, really feels an achievement when I do it.  I like the balance and so forth.  Only playing on Pro at moment.  

Link is here, hope it works...

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=93687

I can't get to that page while at work as they block video game sites. Just stick on to PS3 HD and then add as shirt sponsor I think it is, then match the colours.  Remove the emblem or else you get two!  Shame can't get 2nd goalie kit or put Kasper/goalie in the away kit when we are playing at home.  I went for the black one...

cheers bud. beating players is very cool. i also play on pro. its unlike previous pes games where the ai didnt attack unless you played top player. the ai is ruthless now amd difficulty only affects how often they miss as far as I can see. add me on psn if you fancy a few games we can trade tips.

I'm still loving it and with the edited squads etc, it's pretty sweet.

Beliall - happy to give you a game, not sure when we would be on at the same time but worth a go.  Feel free to add me - Beaumer is my PS3 name.

I also saw you cracked and bought FIFA.  How do you not confuse the buttons?  I still do all the time!  Saying that.... I may crack too as I have to return the disc version of PES...

Started playing on Top Player now and have had some good games.  Better than Pro but it does pull off some mad skill moves. Do Prado is outrageously skilful when you play Southampton!!  Never felt like I was cheated though when I lost, something FIFA doesn't offer.  Data pack and installing to HDD also reduces a lot of lag.

I'm still loving it and with the edited squads etc, it's pretty sweet.

Beliall - happy to give you a game, not sure when we would be on at the same time but worth a go.  Feel free to add me - Beaumer is my PS3 name.

I also saw you cracked and bought FIFA.  How do you not confuse the buttons?  I still do all the time!  Saying that.... I may crack too as I have to return the disc version of PES...

i did crack yes, glad i did it seems playing pes is a perfect gateway, all the people saying its slow and unresponsive, it seems lightning fast to me. mainly got it for clubs, the career mode is still rubbish compared to master league.

ill add you on ps3 later, i change the fifa buttons to match pes, only difference is r2 to run (on fifa)

I've always been on the FIFA side of things, I was tempted to make the switch this year. But nothing really buzzed me about the demo. 

I got the demo too. I've only played a couple of games, but I'm yet to feel convinced that it's worth buying.  Then again the same goes for the FIFA demo.  Maybe I won't bother with a football game altogether.

Archived