Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

PS3's

I've been looking at buying another after selling mine 18months ago.

You can get one on Amazon for £150 with 60gb of memory. The others are about £250 with much bigger memory. Will the cheaper one operate just as well as the other one (game speeds both online/offline)??

So tempted to get one now lol but I'm torn between waiting for the PS4 in hope that it'd be cheaper then.

best deal i seen was this

not sure the 500gb is correct as the description states 60gb, so maybe a case to argue misold and get a biiger HD

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1395491.htm?cmpid=COJUN&catalogId=10001&_%24ja=tsid%3A11674|prd%3A1546795&storeId=10151&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F1395491.htm&referrer=COJUN

or

buy my xbox, you can have it for a reasonable amount (open to offers)

loads of games (cough cough), 2 controllers

however downsides are, you cant go online with it as it has extreme firmware fitted and its the old version with only  32mb card

its just sitting under my tv as i play ps3 for online gaming only

ok for  basic console for playing games offline

I have a quick question. I've googled it - but most results ended in fanboyism and arguing.

My ps3 has only a small hard drive. Aside from opening it up and replacing the hard drive, is there a way to add storage to store games DLd from PSN live?

I'm think external drive, connected via usb? If correctly formatted, can this be done? Ta.

The size of the memory space has no bearing on the performance of a PS3.

I have an 80gb model but I but my own hard drive in (think it was 720gb or something stupid) and it didn't improve the speed. It just means I have have about 80 games saved on my PS3 without worrying about space ;)

Thanks for that. The size won't matter (for once in life) if I will only play GTA and COD on it. I don't even bother with FIFA anymore. Find the football ones boring and a farce that each year its, 'their best yet'

Make it the best yet in the first instance. Can't believe they've only just got Goodison Park in the game. My last FIFA was FIFA 10 I think and assumed by now they'd have got at least all the Prem grounds in.

I have a quick question. I've googled it - but most results ended in fanboyism and arguing.

My ps3 has only a small hard drive. Aside from opening it up and replacing the hard drive, is there a way to add storage to store games DLd from PSN live?

I'm think external drive, connected via usb? If correctly formatted, can this be done? Ta.

You cant do that on the ps3. Best bet is to back everything up to an external drive, put a new drive in and restore your data to it. Replacing the drive doesnt void the warrenty and you only need to take out a couple of screws.

The size of the memory space has no bearing on the performance of a PS3.

I have an 80gb model but I but my own hard drive in (think it was 720gb or something stupid) and it didn't improve the speed. It just means I have have about 80 games saved on my PS3 without worrying about space ;)

Thanks for that. The size won't matter (for once in life) if I will only play GTA and COD on it. I don't even bother with FIFA anymore. Find the football ones boring and a farce that each year its, 'their best yet'

Make it the best yet in the first instance. Can't believe they've only just got Goodison Park in the game. My last FIFA was FIFA 10 I think and assumed by now they'd have got at least all the Prem grounds in.

footy games are way behind games like mlb the show. every mlb stadium is in there. plus classics and quite a few AA grounds too

I brought my 500GB super slim PS3 a few months ago bundled with the last of us for £199.

I'm not sure why prices have rocketed recently, maybe because of the release of GTA V but everything seems to have gone up.

You can use most hard drives and storage on it if you need more space anyway. I would only recommend lots of storage if you sign up to PS+.

All the PS3 models run things at the same speed, although there are arguements that the quality of HDD used will impact gameplay. Get a solid state drive for best performance.

I brought my 500GB super slim PS3 a few months ago bundled with the last of us for £199.

I'm not sure why prices have rocketed recently, maybe because of the release of GTA V but everything seems to have gone up.

You can use most hard drives and storage on it if you need more space anyway. I would only recommend lots of storage if you sign up to PS+.

All the PS3 models run things at the same speed, although there are arguements that the quality of HDD used will impact gameplay. Get a solid state drive for best performance.

I'm getting my hands on a 500gb super slim bundled with Gran Turismo 5 and Uncharted 3 for €289 (£241).  It's not cheap considering I'm mainly getting it for GTAV which I'm yet to buy, but I've consoled myself with that fact by reminding myself I can get my hands on some older gems like Dead Rising 2, The Last of Us, the rest of the Uncharted Series, all the Assassin's creed games I've missed out on etc. for cheap so it kinda makes up for it.  Plus Watch Dogs is coming out soon.

I sold my PS3 on Ebay at the weekend but the Cvnt hasn't paid for it and i really don't think he will Ii think I have to wait about a week but if he doesn't pay it will be for sale again. I got £220 on Ebay but would be willing to sell it for £200. Its the 320gb slim line the game in the silver box is Dead Rising 2 zombrex edition 

$T2eC16V,!)0FI,SWd7OcBSRr!ImBEw~~60_12.J

• 1 month later...

I've got the old fat style ps3, 40gb, two controllers, ps move and and 6 games, including Buzz quiz thing with all the controllers and stuff. Anyone got a clue how much that'd go for?

Probably about £100 if you're lucky.

Suppose it depends on the games as well. If it's like GTA V and FIFA 14 then obviously a bit more

Probably about £100 if you're lucky.

Suppose it depends on the games as well. If it's like GTA V and FIFA 14 then obviously a bit more

Nah it's the previous GTA and fifa 13. I'm just after rough prices really, obviously it's the old fat one and small capacity, so I wasn't expecting too much.

I've got the old fat style ps3, 40gb, two controllers, ps move and and 6 games, including Buzz quiz thing with all the controllers and stuff. Anyone got a clue how much that'd go for?

According to Grainger Games' trade in system, you'd get around £45 for the console. £40 unboxed.

Then add the rest, you should be looking at £55+

According to Grainger Games' trade in system, you'd get around £45 for the console. £40 unboxed.

Then add the rest, you should be looking at £55+

Cheers. I was looking on Gumtree for a guide price, but obviously they are the unsold ones, so probably not a great indicator. £55 or so is better than it sitting around doing nothing after the end if the next week.

Cheers. I was looking on Gumtree for a guide price, but obviously they are the unsold ones, so probably not a great indicator. £55 or so is better than it sitting around doing nothing after the end if the next week.

I'd give you £55 for it if it works ok, i could use it at my caravan for my son

let me know

If you're planning on getting a ps4 then you may get more for trade in at places like game if you get your ps4 from there.

Archived