Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Battlefield 4

Got it last week as, even at my age, I like a decent FPS. the Campaign level is really good IMO, but the online gameplay is dreadfully frustrating, just like BF3.

Can't get above 4 kills because of the little turds that run n gun endlessly. There's no skill or tactics in that and it kinda spoils the fun for me. I don't particularly like the objective games either, even they have little or no teamwork involved unless you're playing with mates.

Also I find it almost impossible to see the enemy as the maps are vast and the figures are so tiny you'd need a screen the size of the Odeon to spot them.  It's very difficult to find a vantage point to get to without getting killed and whether you run n gun or camp and snipe it's hard to make a decent KDR. In terms of multiplayer, I wouldn't rate it any better or worse than CoD Ghosts which seems to have borrowed a few ideas from BF3.

• 2 weeks later...

I have it on Xbox One and my initial impressions are good. To me.... A gaming veteran on 20 years, the multiplayer is a bit more strategic than the running and gunning employed by most COD gamers.

I long for a slow tense shooter like the original ghost recon. On the Xbox, that was the best shooter I've played and it's nearly 10 years ago.

I'll stick with battlefield until destiny is released, hopefully that will be the mutts nuts

Archived