Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Col city fan

The 'Do you miss Uni'? Thread.

I don't buy into this "Uni is amazing, best days of my life" shit. I'm in my final year and it's been nothing but painstakingly hard work and dedication. I'm an old cn*nt compared to a lot students and most of the people on my course can't afford the time to 'party hard'. But from my experience if you went to Uni and didn't study Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or Technology, you can basically go f *ck yourself,  because you're a worthless piece of shit. 

Life as moron can be so sweet.

As I've said before.

If uni were the best days of your life then do some reevaluating now and put a bit more effort into your social life.

I don't buy into this "Uni is amazing, best days of my life" shit. I'm in my final year and it's been nothing but painstakingly hard work and dedication. I'm an old cn*nt compared to a lot students and most of the people on my course can't afford the time to 'party hard'. But from my experience if you went to Uni and didn't study Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or Technology, you can basically go f *ck yourself,  because you're a worthless piece of shit. 

Life as moron can be so sweet.

What about if you studied English? :ph34r:

As I've said before.

If uni were the best days of your life then do some reevaluating now and put a bit more effort into your social life.

You did 2 months at a Leicester based uni Matt, not saying they were the best days of my life but you're not really in a great position to pass judgement to those that say they were. 

You did 2 months at a Leicester based uni Matt, not saying they were the best days of my life but you're not really in a great position to pass judgement to those that say they were.

Maybe, but I can only go on what it was.

I just get the feeling a lot of people that harp back to uni days aren't doing enough with themselves in later life to make sure they are enjoying it.

I just get the feeling a lot of people that harp back to uni days aren't doing enough with themselves in later life to make sure they are enjoying it.

It depends what they did with it, quite hard to match 3 years of doing what you want with very few responsibilities and no one telling you what to do for the first time in your life. Like I say I wouldn't regard it as the best time of my life as I remember the down points like having to work for 18 hours a day for 3 weeks solid because you've left everything to the last minute and never ever having any ****ing money but it was certainly a good experience.

Not everyone get's to jet off here there and everywhere every other month like you do as well remember. 

Most people go to university in their late teens early twenties , so it's highly probable that it will seem like the best years of your life .

Even those that weren't at uni would probably say the same time period in their life was the best and they miss it because "coming of age" is a very exciting time of your life . We all probably went on holiday for the first time without our parents, had reasonable sex ,  and got our first flat or house and became independent , and made our own choices at this time .

There's not really any mystery to it, it's not Uni that you miss , it's the period in time that most of us cherish the most that we'd all love to go back to .

"Youth is wasted on the young"  

What if their time at uni genuinely was a really good time? People have an amazing time at university, each to their own. It may not have been for you, but it is what you make of it. 

What if their time at uni genuinely was a really good time? People have an amazing time at university, each to their own. It may not have been for you, but it is what you make of it. 

I think the point is if you are looking back longingly at your university days, and thinking about how great they were compared to your life now, then you should probably do something about it. If you're missing your uni social life, then go out and be more social. If you're missing the learning aspect of it then do an online course (is night school still a thing?) and learn a new skill. If you are missing the sex on tap then, erm, well there is always prostitutes. I had an amazing time at uni, I have also had many amazing times after uni. I wouldn't say it was the best time of my life, but it is certainly up there.

Archived