Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nugent

Any goals Nugent scores against Ipswich don't really count cos he always scores against them anyway. Unless he gets a hat trick in which case it would count as one goal. Unless one of them was a penalty. In which case he would have to get a fourth for it all to count as one goal. Unless the fourth was also a penalty.

And why would we do that.

You and a lot of people need to get a life, with this penalty shit, Ball hits net job done. And his two goals today have earned us 3 fantastic points at a place we always struggle to go to and a place where he has no doubt got dogs abuse off the home fans, Great character. Great away results for us.

:thumbup: Spot on Manwell.

I don't think that people criticising Nugent are trolling. He can blow hot and cold. I maintain what I said right from the off though. He is still our best striker and best finisher at the club. If he can keep fit and retain some sort of form he's a very important player if we are to have some success this season.

Spot on Col

Any goals Nugent scores against Ipswich don't really count cos he always scores against them anyway. Unless he gets a hat trick in which case it would count as one goal. Unless one of them was a penalty. In which case he would have to get a fourth for it all to count as one goal. Unless the fourth was also a penalty.

Spot on sir

i had to sleep through the match as i have terrible food poisoning. Woke up checked the score and was absolutely thrilled. We often lose to Ipswich away as they can be a right bogey team for us !! nugent has scored two and people on here are arguing about him??? please fill me in as i'm very confused. Typical city fans eh 

Absolutely spot on.

If he didn't score against Ipswich he'd actually gets minus 1 goal

"There are not many players in this league who would have struck that equaliser like David Nugent did.

Mick McCarthy post match.

"There are not many managers who can grow facial hair like Mick McCarthy, but it doesn't mean I want him as our manager"

Every Leicester fan everywhere.

"There are not many managers who can grow facial hair like Mick McCarthy, but it doesn't mean I want him as our manager"

Every Leicester fan everywhere.

Because growing facial hair and scoring goals are on a par when looking for someone to add to our football club

Do you not get it. He's been pony whether we have been winning, drawing or losing!!

Stop banging on about Ponies! Have you got some kind of fetish for them? And unless you're cockney, then why the hell are you using the term 'pony' anyway?  :dunno:

I don't think that people criticising Nugent are trolling. He can blow hot and cold. I maintain what I said right from the off though. He is still our best striker and best finisher at the club. If he can keep fit and retain some sort of form he's a very important player if we are to have some success this season.

Agree with everything apart from I will go out on a limb and say Woody is probably the best finisher at the club. Bottom line is though, Nuge has been off this season but he has scored a lot of goals and is a class player at this level.

This. I was people would stop being so bloody obtuse about it, with all these "witty" comments. Yes, they all count as goals, no matter how they were scored. But unless you earned the penalty, then it's not the same as scoring from open play. Because with a penalty, you are given a free shot at goal, with just the keeper to beat. You're not guaranteed to score, but it's certainly easier. People don't seem to understand that goals all being worth the same doesn't mean that they're all equally difficult to score. For example, what's harder, getting 20 goals against Chelsea or scoring 20 vs. Scunthorpe. Scoring 20 penalties you haven't earned or scoring 20 from open play.

If we're being honest, Nugent hasn't been up to his usual standards this season, and I'm usually a big fan of his. The penalties have papered over some poor performances. To be fair, he has scored most of his pens, and there have been times when he's put in a good performance and not got a goal, but overall, he's been sub-par and missed some sitters in the process. That being said, he's clearly put in a great shift today and I do think he will come good by the end of the season. But these hilarious jokes like "oh goals in June don't count" or "goals at Ipswich don't count" are actually missing a very valid point. 

I don't know whether people are over-reacting in the face of trolls bashing Nugent or whether people are just being narrow minded. It's not too difficult to admit that y'know, Nugent hasn't been the player of the season nor is he the shittest player ever.

Indeed. In short, no-one's saying these goals don't count, just that they're less admirable than any from open play which should be taken into account when assessing his contribution this season. I think Nugent's been okay so far but he hasn't been as impressive as his ten goals suggest.

Archived