Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nugent

I best not get involved.

He was sh1t ........................................................... AGAIN.

:ph34r:

I'll get my coat

He was shit but if he didn't miss the pen he'd have only have been as shit as half the team today. However if I praise him when he scores the penalties (which you don't seem to want to give him credit for) I must criticise when he misses so it was a particularly poor performance today. Dyer was woeful as well imo.

Well you should know having been to every game this season....

After going to 75% of them, I'd say I have a pretty good idea what kind of player Nugent has been this season. By the way I don't live in Nashville in case that's what you were alluding to...

If Darlow doesn't make that worldly save and Nuges 1st header goes in and we go on to win you'd all bum him.

Get off his back FFS.

What is the excuse for the other three cock ups then? let me guess, he's had a baby so he must be tired? (The most hilarious excuse that he is defended with by the way, the only footballer to have a child apparently, genius)

Scapegoat springs to mind.

Yes Nugent was bad today

But the whole team had an off day.

Poor since Jan? agree he has had some poor games but since Jan? Who in the city side has not?

Every player can not play at the top of his game every week.

Players loose form at times

Yes he maybe struggling at the min and maybe needs dropping(in Nigel we trust)

But selling him in Jan? Really? What money do you think we will get? We would prob have to pay a chunk of his contract.And with inflated prices and FFP who we gonna get?

Seriously, he may be off form and may need dropping, but come on where will selling him in Jan get us?

Guys remember the days of Hume,Hammond,Hayles,Sappleton,Chambers,De vires,Cort,Odhimbo!!!

That was the time to moan and get frustrated!

We have lost 1 game at home ALL season.The season will end as is starts with a team effort.

We are second in the league and we have got there with Nugent in the team.

Well said!

Nugents a class act, I'd rather have him in our team than have him against us.

A more tactically astute coach would have Nugent scoring for fun.

We just aren't using him in the right way and playing to his strengths

I would have loved to be playing against Nugent today. Firsty our defence would have had a free ride and Forest would never have scored.

It would be difficult to get a striker who'll score more than 15 and Nugent has done that for the last 2 seasons.

He's done that without penalties, does anyone think he's going to score 15 this season from open play?

It's looking unlikely at the moment, but if he finds his form again I don't see why not given the chances we're creating.

Need to sell him on in January whilst we can still get £1 for him, going downhill, not the player that signed in the first place, and unfortunately I seemed to have been the only one that spotted it until recently....

Got slaughtered and banned 3 times  lol....

I like nuge but hes not what we need anymore.

Let him go to another championship club and get a striker in who can play well consistently.

Ignoring the rubbish being spouted, Nugents a good Championship striker and I do like him but I do think from what I've seen of Wood and Vardy recently maybe giving them a nod together is the way forward, Plus Nugent does always seem to react well to being forced to fight for his place when he does get a chance.

Anyone thinking we're going to get better than what we've got on the budget we're on needs to be shacken, hard, possibly to their vertebrae snaps.

Some peoples condemnation of certain posters on here has been nothing short of tragic.

People getting banned because they offer up another view and because some of the forum "stars" don't agree, the OP gets banned and slated by the clique.

Bert. Your post on another thread regarding "Cityfanlee" waiting ages to find his fame on this forum was particularly unsavoury. Almost like you feel you are higher up the pecking order than him and you have the fame he apparently so desires.

Because you offer up a few bits of info here and there, doesn't make you entitled to invalidate and dismiss his opinion because of that.

I too could come on here with very private, sensitive info from the training ground, of which I am privvy to from friends working for the club but I dont want to feel like I am sort of forum Hero because of it, so choose not to .I have been in some very close quarter positions with people from that club and could write a book on the things that have and do go on at that club over the last 20 years. It would make bloody good reading too.I also make my opinions heard to people at the club too, so anything I post here is not something I wouldn't say to anyones face.

For the record, I totally agree with the notion that Nugent is shite and yesterdays game just showed what most people have felt has been happening in smaller spells over the last 10 games.

We are not a physical team and when we get bullied, we are clueless as to how to change to suit the situation.I am glad we get the break now, time to steer clear of the inevitable loss if we played this coming week.

It is absolutley imperative that Wood starts next game, along with Vardy and with GTF being the striker to replace either of them should it be needed.GTF has shown to me over the short time he has been on the pitch that he has the nous required for this league, even if his fitness doesn't.

Abject and clueless sums up the most part of yesterday's game but I will concede there is a long way to go but we need the fabled Plan B ( NP has always struggled with that ).

Yesterdays loss was on the cards well before 3pm, so to be honest, I don't feel too miffed.

What is the excuse for the other three cock ups then? let me guess, he's had a baby so he must be tired? (The most hilarious excuse that he is defended with by the way, the only footballer to have a child apparently, genius)

Strikers miss chances. Strikers go through patches of poor form and sometimes this highlighted more so than any other position as goals win games.

It is a massive overreaction to suggest that Nuge needs to be sold on. Granted when Wood returns we'd do well to mix things up and perhaps start him and Vardy over Nuge. I just don't get the minority of City fans that jump on 1-2 City players when things don't go our way.

BTW Schlupp missed two good chances - where's the condemnation for him??

We're 2nd in the league and 5 points clear of 4th. Get over yourselves.

Guest Col city fan

Just watching the highlights back this morning.

It's clear that Nugent is devoid of any confidence at present.

He remains the best striker at the club IMO. But compare his performance yesterday to that of Ross MCormack for example. It's confidence. The former has none, the latter has lots.

If any club sells a player after a game like yesterday, they'd never have any players lol.

Everyone has a bad game. Yesterday just wasn't Nugent (or Leicester's!) day yesterday. 

Majority of fans were praising Nugent/Vardy for their partnership up until yesterday - suddenly all the haters come crawling out of the woodwork after a loss, AS USUAL. Perhaps the lack of his strike partner unsettled him? Take a look at Watford against us - Deeney and Vydra (any coincidence he has the same letters as Vardy in his name :o ) were clinical last season. Deeney looked very out of sorts without Vydra.  Once you form a partnership and play consistently with each other, you get used to that and learn off each other - take one of the players out of the equation and it's difficult to adjust. Even the best players in the world go through similar problems. 

It really is no surprise everyone has jumped on Nugent's back. To say you'd sell him is ludicrous. You people just love to hate. 

As for the guy saying being 6th highest score in the league actually means 9th. What the fvck are you on about? Deluded. Make up arguments just to suit your point of view. Typical of some people on here. 

As mentioned he has been poor since January,this is not an over reaction from yesterday... I have said this before, whether he is not the same player or he has totally lost his confidence in front of goal I don't know,what does need to happen is that he needs to be dropped,it's not good for the side when players are guaranteed a first team spot without justification.

True they were all poor.... but it makes it worse that nugent has been like this since the turn of the year but a few penalties have shadowed the fact hes not good enough anymore...

Sell him before we lose him for nothing.

I do have to agree with this albeit he wasn't the only one to have a poor game today. If he wasn't scoring he was always previously worth a place in the side because of his workrate. Not now though, been poor for a year. This season Vardy has done all the hardwork with Nugent nowhere to be seen, usually hiding in midfield whereas any half decent striker would have had a bean feast of goals with what chances Vardy and others have slid accross an empty penalty box. You can sometimes see Drinkwater and Kings outsprinting him in an effort to try and get there. He appears to have lost his appetite for us and appears to believe himself to be better than what he actually is. Out of contract in summer, if we did manage to get promoted he would be nowhere near good enough and isn't contributing to the promotion fight, so get rid in January if anyone wants him. Failing that, stick him on the bench and give others the chance. Poor player hiding behind penalties (until today).

True they were all poor.... but it makes it worse that nugent has been like this since the turn of the year but a few penalties have shadowed the fact hes not good enough anymore...

Sell him before we lose him for nothing.

There isn't a queue of clubs lining up to take an out of form player on huge wages off our hands, you know. In January, we won't even be able to give him away. We may as well keep him knowing that when he does come good, he'll be a class above anyone else in The Championship.

Nugent played like he was half asleep today. Perhaps with a new baby that's not surprising.

Sorry no excuse he's a pro footballer on high money.

If thats his excuse it should not be.

You sort your life so after a few weeks it should not affect you and his situation is better than 99% of dads.

He's only working about 3 hours a day so should be going home and giving his wife a break.

She should be doing nite duty when required.

Nugents strengths and weaknesses are well established and if he didn't have weaknesses he 'd be on the bench of some prem club already.

Weaknesses

Never a prolific scorer and certainly no lethal finisher

Scores goals in patches so difficult to know when he'll turn the corner

Strong character - so mood/ limitations tend to spill over into team. Can't play up as a one and doesn't like being sub.

Tends to go for glory rather than most productive option (eg shoots when pass to better placed teammate is on. ) does he really feel he has anything to prove?

Strengths

Works hard

Usually manages 15 goals a season

Set up play is usually good and occasionally inspired

Valuable experienced seen-it-all type

Drops into midfield to add extra body when required

Archived