Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nugent

Nobody is saying that Nugent was the only player to put in a poor performance yesterday, if you think that then you hate Nugent more than me which is impressive having been suspended on this forum 3 times because of that sack of shite.

Nugent is not on a bad run of form, he is just not very good, you can't be off form for 11 months...

His workrate is a myth, he doesn't work harder than any other player out there. His marking on throw-ins is laughable, his attempts to win headers is embarassing, he has one shot in his locker (you know what it is) which he is good at in fairness and his delayed reactions and vision is just awful.

We're in the Championship, I'm not expecting us to have world beaters, all our players do and will have weaknesses but Nugent should have been dropped a long time ago.

People who support him are just ridiculous, any other player would have had calls for his head.

We are in the top 2 despite of Nugent, not because of him.

Guest Col city fan

Nobody is saying that Nugent was the only player to put in a poor performance yesterday, if you think that then you hate Nugent more than me which is impressive having been suspended on this forum 3 times because of that sack of shite.

Nugent is not on a bad run of form, he is just not very good, you can't be off form for 11 months...

His workrate is a myth, he doesn't work harder than any other player out there. His marking on throw-ins is laughable, his attempts to win headers is embarassing, he has one shot in his locker (you know what it is) which he is good at in fairness and his delayed reactions and vision is just awful.

We're in the Championship, I'm not expecting us to have world beaters, all our players do and will have weaknesses but Nugent should have been dropped a long time ago.

People who support him are just ridiculous, any other player would have had calls for his head.

We are in the top 2 despite of Nugent, not because of him.

Rubbish

Nugent remains our top goal scorer and the two chances we had yesterday fell to Nugent. Not Schlupp, Nugent.

His confidence looks shot, which is a concern. Why? Who knows.... But it needs sorting.

On-form Nugent would one of the first on my team-sheet every week.

Rubbish

Nugent remains our top goal scorer and the two chances we had yesterday fell to Nugent. Not Schlupp, Nugent.

His confidence looks shot, which is a concern. Why? Who knows.... But it needs sorting.

On-form Nugent would one of the first on my team-sheet every week.

He is our top goalscorer because of penalties, YES THEY COUNT blah blah blah but to use this seasons goal tally as a source to emphasise your point is just shows blind ignorance.

On form Nugent? Not seen that for a while, when he is on-form is he some sort of Super Star? An on-form Wood is special, not smiley Dave.

I'm aware the chances fell to Nugent, that's why we didn't score...

Guest Col city fan

He is our top goalscorer because of penalties, YES THEY COUNT blah blah blah but to use this seasons goal tally as a source to emphasise your point is just shows blind ignorance.

On form Nugent? Not seen that for a while, when he is on-form is he some sort of Super Star? An on-form Wood is special, not smiley Dave.

I'm aware the chances fell to Nugent, that's why we didn't score...

Whether you think Nugent is good enough, per se, is open to debate.

But the best strike pairing remains Nugent and Vardy.

However, I'd actually drop Nugent now. He needs a kick up the arse IMO. No player must automatically think he's on the team sheet.

Whether Wood is the ideal replacement? I'm not sure.

Whether you think Nugent is good enough, per se, is open to debate.

But the best strike pairing remains Nugent and Vardy.

However, I'd actually drop Nugent now. He needs a kick up the arse IMO. No player must automatically think he's on the team sheet.

Whether Wood is the ideal replacement? I'm not sure.

Completely agree he needs dropping to encourage competition. I firmly believe all three of them could be on a very similar level which would give us good options but tey all need a chance and all need to fight and earn their place so at this point Nugent on the bench.

Some peoples condemnation of certain posters on here has been nothing short of tragic.

People getting banned because they offer up another view and because some of the forum "stars" don't agree, the OP gets banned and slated by the clique.

Bert. Your post on another thread regarding "Cityfanlee" waiting ages to find his fame on this forum was particularly unsavoury. Almost like you feel you are higher up the pecking order than him and you have the fame he apparently so desires.

Because you offer up a few bits of info here and there, doesn't make you entitled to invalidate and dismiss his opinion because of that.

I too could come on here with very private, sensitive info from the training ground, of which I am privvy to from friends working for the club but I dont want to feel like I am sort of forum Hero because of it, so choose not to .I have been in some very close quarter positions with people from that club and could write a book on the things that have and do go on at that club over the last 20 years. It would make bloody good reading too.I also make my opinions heard to people at the club too, so anything I post here is not something I wouldn't say to anyones face.

For the record, I totally agree with the notion that Nugent is shite and yesterdays game just showed what most people have felt has been happening in smaller spells over the last 10 games.

We are not a physical team and when we get bullied, we are clueless as to how to change to suit the situation.I am glad we get the break now, time to steer clear of the inevitable loss if we played this coming week.

It is absolutley imperative that Wood starts next game, along with Vardy and with GTF being the striker to replace either of them should it be needed.GTF has shown to me over the short time he has been on the pitch that he has the nous required for this league, even if his fitness doesn't.

Abject and clueless sums up the most part of yesterday's game but I will concede there is a long way to go but we need the fabled Plan B ( NP has always struggled with that ).

Yesterdays loss was on the cards well before 3pm, so to be honest, I don't feel too miffed.

Only putting my opinion across like others and that's my thoughts on it, but I wasn't the only one to think it. People are going to agree and disagree, that's life and this is the internet! Couldn't care less what people think about what I have to say just like most couldn't care less about what I have to say.

He's been garbage this season. The difference between him having taken fairly straight-forward chances and missing them as he has done must have cost us approaching 10 goals this season.

No-one can say that Nugent has been playing well this year, if they do then they need to study his performances a bit closer. Some are saying the back end of last season as well but I'm not of that opinion myself, but this season he's been woeful.

Some were saying that he's been worth having in the team for his penalties but when he takes one like he did yesterday then what is he bringing to the table? The answer is nothing. If we're clutching at straws we might say work rate but if we're happy to settle for that then let's just find the fittest man in England and have him chase around up top. When it comes down to it, he has to do more.

Well said!

Nugents a class act, I'd rather have him in our team than have him against us.

A more tactically astute coach would have Nugent scoring for fun.

We just aren't using him in the right way and playing to his strengths

Hilarious when this line gets trotted out about playing to a player's strengths. Apparently we weren't playing to Beckford's strengths either (whatever they were). Football's a team game and not even Barcelona play to "Messi's strengths".

He's been garbage this season. The difference between him having taken fairly straight-forward chances and missing them as he has done must have cost us approaching 10 goals this season.

No-one can say that Nugent has been playing well this year, if they do then they need to study his performances a bit closer. Some are saying the back end of last season as well but I'm not of that opinion myself, but this season he's been woeful.

Some were saying that he's been worth having in the team for his penalties but when he takes one like he did yesterday then what is he bringing to the table? The answer is nothing. If we're clutching at straws we might say work rate but if we're happy to settle for that then let's just find the fittest man in England and have him chase around up top. When it comes down to it, he has to do more.

So when he scores penalties he deserves no credit but if he misses you can criticise him?

I do agree that he needs to convert a lot more of his chances because he gets himself into really dangerous positions but squanders the chance. Knockaert's delivery to him from that free kick was spot on, that was worse than the penalty miss imo and probably would've changed the game completely.

He could do with being rested but we jist don't have that many options up front

So when he scores penalties he deserves no credit but if he misses you can criticise him?

I do agree that he needs to convert a lot more of his chances because he gets himself into really dangerous positions but squanders the chance. Knockaert's delivery to him from that free kick was spot on, that was worse than the penalty miss imo and probably would've changed the game completely.

He doesn't need resting. He needs dropping. His failure to convert the vast majority of the chances provided for him has nothing to do with tiredness! We have plenty of options other than Nugent and it's essential that he's taken out of the team for someone to convert the chances that he is squandering.

He doesn't need resting. He needs dropping. His failure to convert the vast majority of the chances provided for him has nothing to do with tiredness! We have plenty of options other than Nugent and it's essential that he's taken out of the team for someone to convert the chances that he is squandering.

Sorry I didn't mean rest him because he's tired. He needs to know that he has to perform better to get in the first 11.

Still not sure we have that many options though

Sorry I didn't mean rest him because he's tired. He needs to know that he has to perform better to get in the first 11.

Still not sure we have that many options though

I just tend to find that the term 'needs a rest' is used far too often on here, almost in an attempt to not have a go at a player.  If your playing crap (which Nugent currently is) he needs dropping not resting. Sorry just needed to get that off my chest! 

I think the reason for the current anti Nugent feeling is mainly down to the large amount of chances he's conspiring to miss ( much like vardy last season) I think any one of wood gtf or knockaert if played up front would convert a far higher proportion of chances than Nugent currently does. I think these three is plenty to be getting on with for the moment  :yesyes:

Can't defend him yesterday, penalty was so unconvincing, missed good chances and didn't link up well.

I'd agree, I like Nugent as a player but wasn't impressed yesterday. Having said that the suggestions that we get rid ASAP is pretty laughable

I just tend to find that the term 'needs a rest' is used far too often on here, almost in an attempt to not have a go at a player. If your playing crap (which Nugent currently is) he needs dropping not resting. Sorry just needed to get that off my chest!

I think the reason for the current anti Nugent feeling is mainly down to the large amount of chances he's conspiring to miss ( much like vardy last season) I think any one of wood gtf or knockaert if played up front would convert a far higher proportion of chances than Nugent currently does. I think these three is plenty to be getting on with for the moment :yesyes:

Ok the terminology was wrong but we both agree so......... lol

Not covinced GTF would be effective and if we put Knockaert up front that means we have pretty much no wingers. Wood does deserve a chance but imo it wouldn't take long for our fans to get on his back again

That's not what I'm saying.

My point is simple: if a player's supposedly worth having in the team because he can score/has scored penalties, when he doesn't do this what is he bringing to the table?

For scoring his penalties he deserves credit all right... but it doesn't, and shouldn't, mask the deficiencies in his performance elsewhere. When he was scoring the penalties I was saying he hadn't been good enough, now he's missed one I'm still saying his performances aren't good enough. Nothing's changed from my perspective or with my opinion but for those who were seemingly blinded by Nugent's lack of contribution because of his penalties they must surely start to realise that there's not much they can use to argue for his inclusion now that his 100% penalty record is gone.

If we get Wood in-form and scoring then we win the league imo. We're a regular goalscorer away from making a run at automatic promotion imo.

I think Wood needs a proper run of games, and I'd love to see him alongside Vardy. However, Wood as a player since Feb has also looked woefully off form for me- he doesn't jump for headers, doesn't use his strength or put himself about enough. I'd be interested to see if he can improve if given an opportunity - surely it will be motivation enough that there's competition for places, so he must try his hardest and deliver. Then, if he doesn't take the chance we'll have a pissed off Nugent waiting in the wings who wants his place back.

I think Wood needs a proper run of games, and I'd love to see him alongside Vardy. However, Wood as a player since Feb has also looked woefully off form for me- he doesn't jump for headers, doesn't use his strength or put himself about enough. I'd be interested to see if he can improve if given an opportunity - surely it will be motivation enough that there's competition for places, so he must try his hardest and deliver. Then, if he doesn't take the chance we'll have a pissed off Nugent waiting in the wings who wants his place back.

all of which can be said about Nugent, save for 1 change, instead of February read January

6th is 6th. None of this 9th bollocks.

Couldn't care less if he's 25th from open play. We're second in the league. That's all I care about. If with every 15 games we win 10, draw 2 and lose 3 with Nugent in the side and are the last championship team and the league cup I'm more than happy with that.

I care about team performances not individual performances.

I would posit that team performances are

rooted in individual performances.

Archived