Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Best Stadium in the Championship

Haven't been to the Amex yet but from what I've seen so far I would agree the Amex looks the best modern yet individual it wasn't cheap to build though, ours is very good considering how much we paid for it

Villa Park is a great ground ill agree with that one.

Goodison Park is showing its age but has a lot of character.

King Power stadium is a nice ground, but not remarkable.

I was impressed with The Valley. Was my first visit this season, much bigger than I thought and the view was good.

It's because you're in the smallest stand, it looks a lot bigger than it is. Convinced if the away end was like the rest of it it'd be one of the biggest in our league.

Really rate Forest's unfortunately.

Villa Park is the best ground in England I think. But in our league probably a toss up between the City Ground and Hillsborough for me.

Brighton's End stands let the ground down massively. Like someone said, they're like League One stands.

Villa Park's a great shout. Thought that had absolutely everything - character, stylish, unique, size, massive kop etc... excellent ground.

Villa Park's a great shout. Thought that had absolutely everything - character, stylish, unique, size, massive kop etc... excellent ground.

Great stadium but such a shame about the Trinity Road stand being demolished, it lost a bit of soul when that happend.

The Façade on ours has got to be one of the worst in the country it looks like a 1970's office block built for Cov (Sky blue) City.

kingpower1.JPG

Exhibit 1

Have you seen ours lately? It looks bloody horrible. Well it always has, but the seats are faded to a horrible colour and it just looks really mucky.

IMO their's is far more impressive than ours. They've got a couple of big, really nice looking stands. We've just got one very dull, very boring stand that circles the whole pitch.

Considering it's capacity our ground looks so small and insignificant. None of the stands tower over the players like two of them do at the Shitty Ground.

They've got one decent stand- the trent end. The rest of the ground is dated. As already mentioned the concourse area shocking.

As much as fans may hate modern day stadia, nobody can deny moving away from filbert street was a bad idea. It was holding the club back, as MON used to say- he had to back prospective new signings out of the carling stand. So the KP looks generic? So what? It offers far more in ways of attendance, corporate events, hospitality and other revenue streams we wouldn't have if we were in an 'old fashioned' stadium.

They've got one decent stand- the trent end. The rest of the ground is dated. As already mentioned the concourse area shocking.

IIRC the Trent and Bridgford stands were built around the same time, around 1991 so all of it is dated.

Also the Bridgford is such a strange roof line because of the terrace houses around it, one of the reasons a Forest STH told me the main stand has never been rebuilt.

Never liked the city ground and never will.

Trent Bridge over the road is something else though. Not much cover though when it rains.

As for ours - it's alright, the concourses are a bit grubby and the seats a little faded - the whole "technical area" could do with a definite upgrade, bar the branded seats it looks dilapidated. We've got some awful pea soup coloured surface (astro turf, maybe?) around the dugouts that looks complete shit, it's a tiny thing but it irks me nonetheless.

I quite like the exterior of he King Power, bit bland inside and I dislike the the way they have taken away the white foxes head seats and replaced them with a different coloured blue and I dislike the way the seats spell out IEICESTER CITY, its a shame the Bede Island Stadium never went aged the plans for that looked much individual and better

Yeh like I say The Den is the best of a bad bunch out of the new ones IMO.

I would have liked something completely unique though. A big Kop end. A two tiered main stand like the Carling or the old main stand at Filbo. Another end stand like the Double Decker shared with away fans. And an impressive East Stand that would be the centrepiece.

It's just such a shame. We had a chance to build a lovely modern ground with all the good parts about Filbo thrown in. We cocked it up massively IMO, we play in a generic eyesore.

This this and this. We could have had something amazing. Would of cost a lot more though I imagine...

I quite like the exterior of he King Power, bit bland inside and I dislike the the way they have taken away the white foxes head seats and replaced them with a different coloured blue and I dislike the way the seats spell out IEICESTER CITY, its a shame the Bede Island Stadium never went aged the plans for that looked much individual and better

I remember those plans, wasn't it two tiers the whole way round!?

Archived