Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Gary Taylor Fletcher

maybe once hes given a decent run of games and a bit more than the odd 20 minutes here and there then you can judge him and see if he can influence a game, and this post is typical of a foxetalk poster who obviously not got a clue about a player, not played at this level for years? he been in the championship last season the season before he wa splaying regularly in the premiership and the season before he was playing in a promotion winning side at this level, obviously you not really got a clue mate

He won't be starting any games in the league that is for sure.

His footballing brain cannot be questioned. He always seems to pick the right pass and his first touch is excellent.

However, I would personally be utterly embarrassed if i was a professional footballer and in the shape he is in. I am not slim and he is fatter than me.

He has all the support you could need, nutritionists at the club, personal trainers etc. Unless he has some mysterious glandular condition, he has no excuse to be in such terrible shape.

The point of this being, imagine what a player he would be if he was fit?

His footballing brain cannot be questioned. He always seems to pick the right pass and his first touch is excellent.

However, I would personally be utterly embarrassed if i was a professional footballer and in the shape he is in. I am not slim and he is fatter than me.

He has all the support you could need, nutritionists at the club, personal trainers etc. Unless he has some mysterious glandular condition, he has no excuse to be in such terrible shape.

I agree. Didn't you see him in the pub after the game Dan LCFC? Drinking Bulmers! Idiot!

This is a typical Foxestalk overreaction to a win. GTF did fine when he came on - a couple of decent through balls, a strong tackle - but he had no key part to play in the victory whatsoever, in fact we were weakened by the substitution. When he came on we greatly missed Vardy's work-rate and it was backs against the wall stuff for the final ten. Even Pearson said he was unhappy with the way we saw out the game. Now GTF wasn't to blame for that, in fact he put in a respectable shift, but he also looked cumbersome and lacked the mobility to do much closing down. So please; if people want the opportunity to gloat about the fact that they 'always said he was a class act', then at least have the decency to wait until he plays a significant role in a match (or, preferably, a string of matches).

As for 'it's like Vardy all over again': Vardy was poor last season. He showed glimpses of promise early on but was rightly dropped for the second half of the campaign. On the few occasions we did see him he managed to give a penalty away against Boro and failed to track his man for the winner against Cardiff. He deserved his criticism. But no, criticising a 26 year old who is playing his first season at a much higher level is not the same as criticising or, rather, not wetting myself at the sheer majestic flair of an overweight 33 year old who has been playing at this level for years.

Top post agree every word. I too thought when the substitution was made what is he doing. Takes off our only player that could run at their back three? Still it worked on this occasion.

Guest Col city fan

This is a typical Foxestalk overreaction to a win. GTF did fine when he came on - a couple of decent through balls, a strong tackle - but he had no key part to play in the victory whatsoever, in fact we were weakened by the substitution. When he came on we greatly missed Vardy's work-rate and it was backs against the wall stuff for the final ten. Even Pearson said he was unhappy with the way we saw out the game. Now GTF wasn't to blame for that, in fact he put in a respectable shift, but he also looked cumbersome and lacked the mobility to do much closing down. So please; if people want the opportunity to gloat about the fact that they 'always said he was a class act', then at least have the decency to wait until he plays a significant role in a match (or, preferably, a string of matches).

As for 'it's like Vardy all over again': Vardy was poor last season. He showed glimpses of promise early on but was rightly dropped for the second half of the campaign. On the few occasions we did see him he managed to give a penalty away against Boro and failed to track his man for the winner against Cardiff. He deserved his criticism. But no, criticising a 26 year old who is playing his first season at a much higher level is not the same as criticising or, rather, not wetting myself at the sheer majestic flair of an overweight 33 year old who has been playing at this level for years.

Good post and I completely agree. ..

Top post agree every word. I too thought when the substitution was made what is he doing. Takes off our only player that could run at their back three? Still it worked on this occasion.

he was clearly knackered and had tight calves you absolute morons

im sorry but he has been the same build for years , never hindered him having a decent season for blackpool in the prem , you think he could play 30 odd games in the prem and be unfit? and his build

was pretty much the same, hes had a few small run outs and had a few injuries at the end of last season, a very limited preseason and you expect him to come on for 20 minutes here and there and perform

in a very competetive and proffesional sport, do you think he would be able to compete for 16 years at various levels and not be fit, judge him when hes played a few full games and im sure he will score

goals and be an important player for you the second half of the season. come back and talk about him being embarrassed when he has actually had half decent chance to play, you failed last season because

of lack of experience not because you never had 11 olympic athletes.

I personally think it's fantastic we have an overweight hairy arsed balding striker who will sink pints with the supporters after the game, very different to the likes of beckford mills etc and the sort of thing that O neill would probably have tolerated.

You're hugely exaggerating. He's not in peak condition, but there's not that much on him. You make him sound like Jon Parkin or Ronaldo at his worst, when in reality he's slightly stockier than the players around him.

Granted he should be in better shape and he will stand out a little when he's surrounded by supremely fit athletes, but let's not go completely over the top.

OK, he's no Jon parkin. Now that boy had a belly on him.

You're right, the rest of the team probably does make him stand out more than he normally would, a Pearson team will always be fit and hardworking.

He may well have always had this frame but that doesn't mean he can't improve in that respect.

He's got a lot of the stuff you can't teach like composure and vision, getting his fitness right would do wonders for him.

It really does thrill me to criticise individual players little Brian, it's not like this is one topic of many on this forum and I've made very positive comments about yesterday's game elsewhere. I've got an opinion on gtf and just because we won as a team yesterday doesn't mean that comments on every individual player has to be positive.

he was clearly knackered and had tight calves you absolute morons

I remember once O'Neill lashed out at the fans because they booed when Arnar Gunnlaugsson was substituted - "for all they knew he could have been injured", he said. Well, that works the other way round too. How were we to know, at the time, whether he was injured or not? Fans excused NP for taking off Knockaert at half time in the Wednesday game on the grounds that Knockaert was injured, which he wasn't. At the time a change is made it's best to avoid slating the decision in case a player is injured, or completely excusing it on the grounds that he was.

Like you I suspected he was tired, and it was probably the right decision to take him off, but we were still weakened by the change. At the time that was the obvious observation to make. But clearly I'm not as adept as you are at accurately assessing the tightness of a man's calves from forty yards away.

Was excellent when he came on. Won the ball back many times. Think Nige did well just playing him behind the striker, he just made the extra man for the midfielders. Still think he is a good signing for us on and off the field.

I personally think it's fantastic we have an overweight hairy arsed balding striker who will sink pints with the supporters after the game, very different to the likes of beckford mills etc and the sort of thing that O neill would probably have tolerated.

really. you been drinking pints with him after the game?

GTF, like hammond has experience getting out of this league, which is a big reason why he has been brought in. I think he is a good addition for that reason alone. Still think we may need a winger and additional goal scorer to get us up though.

Archived