Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Gary Taylor Fletcher

When he came to the club I always knew he wouldn't start and he wouldn't be a 20 goals a season striker so some people on here need to lay off him.

He is a perfect sub around 75 mins if we are winning to hold the ball up and use his experience. Today was a bonus as his goal was as important as any of them to give us a tie up the game and secure the 3 points

This is a typical Foxestalk overreaction to a win. GTF did fine when he came on - a couple of decent through balls, a strong tackle - but he had no key part to play in the victory whatsoever, in fact we were weakened by the substitution. When he came on we greatly missed Vardy's work-rate and it was backs against the wall stuff for the final ten. Even Pearson said he was unhappy with the way we saw out the game. Now GTF wasn't to blame for that, in fact he put in a respectable shift, but he also looked cumbersome and lacked the mobility to do much closing down. So please; if people want the opportunity to gloat about the fact that they 'always said he was a class act', then at least have the decency to wait until he plays a significant role in a match (or, preferably, a string of matches).

As for 'it's like Vardy all over again': Vardy was poor last season. He showed glimpses of promise early on but was rightly dropped for the second half of the campaign. On the few occasions we did see him he managed to give a penalty away against Boro and failed to track his man for the winner against Cardiff. He deserved his criticism. But no, criticising a 26 year old who is playing his first season at a much higher level is not the same as criticising or, rather, not wetting myself at the sheer majestic flair of an overweight 33 year old who has been playing at this level for years.

GTF did more in 5 minutes than Nugent did all game

I like GTF, he's different.

He isn't the most athletic player in the world, but experience and wonderful ball control is what we need to kill a game off in the last few minutes. He has become a useful player as well as the vital goal against Bolton and an assist for Nugent against Millwall. 

I agree. Didn't you see him in the pub after the game Dan LCFC? Drinking Bulmers! Idiot!

Only just seen this. He had one bottle of bulmers 17 so nothing too drastic. he didn't look out of shape when I saw him but I suppose that isn't taking into account he was next to me lol

Only just seen this. He had one bottle of bulmers 17 so nothing too drastic. he didn't look out of shape when I saw him but I suppose that isn't taking into account he was next to me lol

He's fine by me. Good player. Perhaps should lay off the booze until he gets a bit fitter though :/

Archived