Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Gary Taylor Fletcher

• 4 weeks later...

Gary Taylor-Fletcher â€@GTF_12 13m

cheerleading duties again. Good luck to the lads. Not gonna be an easy game on that pitch. #lcfc #promotionpush

LIke I said on twitter, chins up Gary.

LIke I said on twitter, chins up Gary.

I would rather have GTF on the bench / and or pitch than Hammond, even if Wood is fit.

Especially in what will be a holding scrappy game like this.

Does that really constitute bitter? He's wished everyone playing good luck, the fact he's irked at not having a playing opportunity would be a given for every member of the squad bar Conrad. I'd rather someone want to be in the matchday squad than someone be happy to sit on their arse for a tonne of wonga.

Fair play to the bloke.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher â€@GTF_12 13m

cheerleading duties again. Good luck to the lads. Not gonna be an easy game on that pitch. #lcfc #promotionpush

Followed that tweet with

I think its funny how people read the worst into a tweet an don't see it for what it is or that people can't make fun out of themselves.

Hardly a bitter attitude..

Guest Col city fan

Like I said when we signed him. I have nowt against GTF. But he's not good enough for a side going strongly for promotion.

• 3 weeks later...

I think gtf was signed with the full intention of using him as an impact sub for the rest of the season and, despite my comments about his weight, he was doing a good job.

I simply think he didn't expect the opportunity to sign kev and couldn't miss it when it came up. He can do everything gtf can do and more so sadly he's been made somewhat redundant. I don't see him as a troublesome presence in the dressing room though.

If GTF plays 20 games we have to give him another years contract, I think part of the reason we signed Phillips was because the club didn't think he was worth another year and didn't want to trigger that clause.

I guess what we can't see is how big a character someone like GTF is behind the scenes, and the impact that has on the squad morale, spirit etc.

I think NP mentioned something about this in a recent interview, about how we are stronger with the experianced signings of Was, Phillips, Hammond AND GTF.

Anyway, 1 injury to any one of Dyer, Knocky or Mahrez and he'll be back on the bench and being used.

Archived