Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy91

Nintendo 3DS thread

Just wondered if anyone knew where the best deals to buy a console/bundle for the nintendo 3ds, ive seen 187 at supermarkets but im looking more for a bundle so if anyone could recommend any good deals it would be much appreciated

My brother just got one through the post, I think he bought it from Amazon, not a great package though.

But the 3D effects are simply amazing! Well done Nintendo.

I want one, just don't think there is a title to justify getting the system yet though!

I want one, just don't think there is a title to justify getting the system yet though!

Very true, while Nintendo come out with some really awesome innovations. They just can't back it up with any really good games.

Still wont forget pokemon yellow though, used to play that to death :D

• 3 months later...

I've decent experience of Nintendo having previously owned a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube and Wii. I'm just not a great fan of handheld consoles.

My daughter has asked me if she could have one of these.

Anyone got one and where is the best place to buy one right now?

Wouldnt bother buying one now, there are only like a couple of decent games out for it, your better off just buying her a game she wants on what ever she has now and wait for the 3ds to drop in price as really there is naff all out. My mate got one, played zelda and now he has nothing to play.

My 8 year old has the DS and he has been asking for the 3DS but as Christoph says there is hardly and games out so we brought him a Wii instead.

I think they will come down before christmas and hopefully have a few more games out as well so he can have one then

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Had a search through the forum, and the only 3DS thread was old and had about 4 posts so I've decided it's time for a new one.

First up - Nintendo has a promotion on at the moment, if you register a 3DS or 3DS XL (2DS not eligible!) and one of 15 games (Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X/Y, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem plus some others) then you get a download code for Super Mario 3D Land for free! Well worth doing if you happen to have those games already, get a 30 quid game for nowt. Link for more info:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns/SUPER-MARIO-3D-LAND-Welcome-Promotion/How-To-Claim/How-To-Claim-831590.html

Anyhoo, got a 3DS XL just before Christmas, and it's bloody lovely. Much nicer than the original 3DS, the bigger screen is much nicer, and it's actually the right size for adult hands, no more crippled claw hands from playing it. Been playing the new Zelda, and it's really good, they've done a good job of remixing Link to the Past, and the new 3D mechanics make for some cracking puzzles and bosses. Music is absolutely amazing, and the dungeon design is a lot fresher than we've seen in a Zelda title for ages.

There's some cracking games available on the cheap now too, picked up Metal Gear Solid 3DS for £7 in Sainsbury's a few months back, can't really argue with that.

Anyway, fellow FT 3DS gamers, would be good to hear what you've all been playing, if anything! Anyway, that's enough for now, if I rattle on any longer people will think I'm an alt account for Phube!

I love my 3DS XL. I got the Animal Crossing special edition one, so I look well gay playing it on my regular commute to work... :) This year I have been enjoying Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, SteamWorld Dig (on the eShop) and my first ever Pokemon game. Today I will start the New Zelda, as I got it for christmas and I just finished Pokemon yesterday (just beat the elite 4 and the champion, and I can't be bothered to catch them all right now).

This year has been great for the 3DS: Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi, Pokemon and new Zelda. It is a great sytem with some awesome exclusive experiences.

I also agree, if you gonna get a 3DS, get the XL version. 

You'll never guess what... I have a 3DS too!

Missed out on the free 3D Land offer, by 1 day... :@

Friends anyone?

3540-0294-8843

You are added as a friend. My friend code is: 0302-0938-0495

When I got my 3DS XL in the summer I was eliglible for 2 promotions, so I got Donkey Kong and Monster Hunter for free...:D Haven't touched the Monster Hunter though. That game scares me...

I picked up a 3ds and Link Between Worlds in the black friday sales and made the most of the 3d Land deal. Looking forward to getting the Zelda oracle games off of the VC, shame I missed Minish Cap and 4 Swords Adventures in the early deals. Doubt they'll appear again either. 

Any games you'd recommend from the back catalogue except for the stock Nintendo titles I'll play anyway? Any of you have the Metal Gear Solid 3D?

My friend code is 2681-0425-1166

I picked up a 3ds and Link Between Worlds in the black friday sales and made the most of the 3d Land deal. Looking forward to getting the Zelda oracle games off of the VC, shame I missed Minish Cap and 4 Swords Adventures in the early deals. Doubt they'll appear again either. 

Any games you'd recommend from the back catalogue except for the stock Nintendo titles I'll play anyway? Any of you have the Metal Gear Solid 3D?

My friend code is 2681-0425-1166

SteamWorld Dig on the eShop is cool little game, that I can recommend. There are plenty of great stock Nintendo titles to keep you happy for quite some time, so good luck just trying to catch up on those.

I haven't tried MGS 3D.

I just bought a 2 ds for my sons birthday in 2 weeks. mario aside, does anyone have any good game recommendations for a 6 year old?

I'd say Mario Kart 7... simple to play, hard to master.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Fresh giveaway!

Nintendo are giving away a free download of Pokemon X or Y for anyone who registers a 3DS (original, XL or 2DS) and registers one of the following games: Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Lego City Undercover or Yoshi's New Island. Link:

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-pokemon-promo/

Hmmmm, sorry about that folks, looks like the offer is for the US only. Booooooooooo. Hopefully Nintendo extends the offer to Europe soon, but there isn't anything listed on the UK version of Club Nintendo yet ( http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/clubNintendoWelcome_p4.do )

Thoroughly recommend it to anyone who's enjoyed a Pokemon game in the past, it's a great game, packed with new and old pokes (you get Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle in one of the first few towns!) throughout the entire game. They've also done some clever stuff with the mechanics, so there is less level grinding than before, and some of the complex 'hidden stats' have been made visible and accessible to newer players with minigames. I've spent more than 180 hours on this so far!

Fresh giveaway!

Nintendo are giving away a free download of Pokemon X or Y for anyone who registers a 3DS (original, XL or 2DS) and registers one of the following games: Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Lego City Undercover or Yoshi's New Island. Link:

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-pokemon-promo/

Hmmmm, sorry about that folks, looks like the offer is for the US only. Booooooooooo. Hopefully Nintendo extends the offer to Europe soon, but there isn't anything listed on the UK version of Club Nintendo yet ( http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/clubNintendoWelcome_p4.do )

Thoroughly recommend it to anyone who's enjoyed a Pokemon game in the past, it's a great game, packed with new and old pokes (you get Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle in one of the first few towns!) throughout the entire game. They've also done some clever stuff with the mechanics, so there is less level grinding than before, and some of the complex 'hidden stats' have been made visible and accessible to newer players with minigames. I've spent more than 180 hours on this so far!

I concur... only 45 hours in! 7 gym badges down! Loving it. I do still hate having to choose just 6 though... :(

I concur... only 45 hours in! 7 gym badges down! Loving it. I do still hate having to choose just 6 though... :(

Ha, I know, so many cool pokes available in the early parts of the game, ridiculously easy to get a good balanced squad. I played the main game with Greninja ,Charizard, Pidgeot, Lucario, Gogoat and someone else I can't remember. Spending ages hatching perfect Pokes for competitive battling now.

I've added you as a friend Phube, if you want to add me back my code is 1478-4588-0659. There's an area after the Elite 4 where you can go on a Friend Safari - the more friends in your Friend List, the more rare Pokes you can find. Not so great for a Billy no mates like me ha!

Ha, I know, so many cool pokes available in the early parts of the game, ridiculously easy to get a good balanced squad. I played the main game with Greninja ,Charizard, Pidgeot, Lucario, Gogoat and someone else I can't remember. Spending ages hatching perfect Pokes for competitive battling now.

I've added you as a friend Phube, if you want to add me back my code is 1478-4588-0659. There's an area after the Elite 4 where you can go on a Friend Safari - the more friends in your Friend List, the more rare Pokes you can find. Not so great for a Billy no mates like me ha!

Will do... My current 6 are: Raichu (i can't let Pikachu go!), Talonflame, Venusaur, Lucario, Lapras, Yveltal. Between Level 57-68.

Archived