Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy91

Nintendo 3DS thread

I really want to get a 3DS, mainly because I miss playing the latest Mario titles, Pokemon, also looking forward to Super Smash Bros 4 and Sonic Boom. I want a new handheld console and this fits the bill, I have a DS and a Gameboy Advance so I am used to Nintendo products. There's a great selection of games and free online play so I should have lots of fun out of it.

• 7 months later...

Bringing this old thread back from the dead. Smash Bros is finally out, looking forward to playing it, it's been sitting in my Living Room for a week, but I've had a cold and not been in the mood to play anything. If anyone here has bought Smash Bros, Nintendo has done another Club Nintendo registration offer, if you register a 2DS/3DS and Smash Bros (or Pokemon Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire, which are out next month), then you can get a free game.

Free games are:

• Legend of Zelda - Link Between Worlds
  • Mario Golf
  • Mario Party
  • Monster Hunter 3
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Yoshi's New Island
  • Pokemon Art Academy

Link:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/September/Expand-your-collection-of-top-titles-with-the-Nintendo-3DS-Winter-2014-Bonus-Game-Promotion-917410.html

FYI, Mario Golf is currently down to £21 on Amazon, so might be worth just buying that and picking up one of the others which are more expensive to buy. I've gone for Kirby, because I've already got Zelda (which is flipping brilliant).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone else picking up a New 3DS? I'm getting mine with Monster Hunter 4.

I'm going to pick one up at some point, going to go for an XL, love the bigger screens. I might have gone for a Zelda special edition, but it was sold out on the Nintendo store, so for now I'll just pick up Majora's mask and get the new console later.

I'm going to pick one up at some point, going to go for an XL, love the bigger screens. I might have gone for a Zelda special edition, but it was sold out on the Nintendo store, so for now I'll just pick up Majora's mask and get the new console later.

Absolutely love Majoras mask. I downloaded it on the Wii so prob wont spend the money getting it on 3DS but what a game. For me Zelda is the best gaming series EVER.

• 2 weeks later...

Best/cheapest place to buy a 3ds?

Probably best to keep an eye on SavyGamer, see if any deals pop up there. http://savygamer.co.uk/category/deals/

There were some original 3DS's and 2DS's going for £50 a pop from Tesco Direct the other week, but unfortunately they are gone now. Original 3DS is pretty shit though. Probably a good idea to have a look on eBay, there will be a few people looking to get rid of their 3DS XL's at the moment if they are upgrading to the "new 3DS" or "new 3DS XL". Also, be aware that the 3DS XL or either of the new 3DS's do not come with a charger, so you have to buy one separately, they cost about £8.

• 1 year later...

Archived