Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Oasis

What separated seeing the roses back together and Ian brown singing them solo vs Liam doing the songs on his own and oasis getting back together is the roses were an amazing band, guitarist and drummer especially added a lot to the experience of seeing them. Oasis on the other hand seeing Liam sing them on his own is basically seeing oasis. Anyone can pick up a guitar and play oasis songs within a few weeks. 

Saw them in magaluf once was bizarre. We were certain it was going to be a tribute band but it wasn't. Came on at midnight was still about 30 degrees, Liam in full parka. They did about 30 mins complained it was too hot and left :D

But yeah I'm on the lets hope they play Glastonbury and will watch at home. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It seems a bit odd.  They both can play huge venues seperately.  They're both incredibly rich.  They clearly don't like each other.  Makes you wonder why they'd bother?

Apparently the tour is rumoured to be worth £400m so there's your answer. 

I think rather wholesomely, there's something about their Mum as well who is very old now.

All this Oasis talk is making me feel proper old. It's 29 years since I last saw them (Granby Halls or Sheffield Arena, cannot remember which came first) and a full thirty years since loads of people in my hall of residence were going on about this great new band. I think everyone I knew at University went to the Lead mill, and despite going to watch any old crap most weeks I managed not to go to that one

9 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Saw them at Knebworth, Wembley and Notts arena, crowds were raucous but there for the music. Now it’ll just be full of coked up twats with their looted clobber from JD Sports. 

I don't know to be honest. I saw Liam at Knebworth and the crowd was mostly great. A really mixed one too, with all ages there and enjoying it. 

• Like 2

Part of me wants to go, part of me thinks reunions are never very good, and having seen them both seperately do loads of oasis songs, would i be experiencing anything new?  

Decisions decisions...

p.s. I wonder what version of Oasis we'll see..drummer?  Bassist?

Edited by purpleronnie

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Part of me wants to go, part of me thinks reunions are never very good, and having seen them both seperately do loads of oasis songs, would i be experiencing anything new?  

Decisions decisions...

p.s. I wonder what version of Oasis we'll see..drummer?  Bassist?

Likely Zak Starkey since the Who (Daltrey and Townsend) have irreconcilable differences and can't even be in the same room together/don't even talk. Wait...haven't we heard that somewhere before? Turns out, the money does the talking. 

No reason to suppose that Andy Bell who still plays with Ride and Gem Archer won't be called up. It's not as if the average punter that would attend this farce would care - or even know the difference. At least with Bonehead and Guigsy out of the picture they'll have a bassist and a guitarist that don't look like a driving instructor and a geography supply teacher respectively. 

11 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Likely Zak Starkey since the Who (Daltrey and Townsend) have irreconcilable differences and can't even be in the same room together/don't even talk. Wait...haven't we heard that somewhere before? Turns out, the money does the talking. 

No reason to suppose that Andy Bell who still plays with Ride and Gem Archer won't be called up. It's not as if the average punter that would attend this farce would care - or even know the difference. At least with Bonehead and Guigsy out of the picture they'll have a bassist and a guitarist that don't look like a driving instructor and a geography supply teacher respectively. 

Is bonehead out of the picture?  He's still mates with them and was with Liam when he toured.

18 hours ago, Trumpet said:

If they announce a tour I’ll selfishly be annoyed because I can’t be doing with the stress of trying to get tickets and feel like I’m past being covered by pints of piss.

Them pints of piss at Wembley were fantastic, you loved it.

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Is bonehead out of the picture?  He's still mates with them and was with Liam when he toured.

Possibly not. As you say, he toured Liam's 'Definitely Maybe' shows and seems to have made a full recovery from a horrible cancer. It's whether Noel wants Archer. Perhaps that can be their first disagreement?

7 hours ago, SpacedX said:

Possibly not. As you say, he toured Liam's 'Definitely Maybe' shows and seems to have made a full recovery from a horrible cancer. It's whether Noel wants Archer. Perhaps that can be their first disagreement?

Yeh personally hope Bonehead is part of it and think he should be really. 

Saw them way back in like 2004. Queued for hours to get to the front and my bloody cousin passed out 20 mins before they came on stage because she hadn’t eaten. Nob.

Missed the first bit and watched the remainder of the show from the back of Birmingham NIA.

If tickets are below £150, I’m all over the reunion.