Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Oasis

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Got through to choosing and they are now only selling “in demand” tickets. Which means they can put the prices up to what they want.

£360 for a normal standing ticket or £260 for a seat at the top of the stadium a million miles from the stage. 

Sacked it off, not getting involved with that nonsense. 

I'm not going for that either!

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Got through to choosing and they are now only selling “in demand” tickets. Which means they can put the prices up to what they want.

£360 for a normal standing ticket or £260 for a seat at the top of the stadium a million miles from the stage. 

Sacked it off, not getting involved with that nonsense. 

Pretty much the same in Manchester. £355 for standing ticket. Robbing bastards 

2 hours ago, Livid said:

I’ve looked at that, the only way to see the actual seat number is to put the tickets in the basket.

I know tickets are available on there for a lot blocks but there’s not that many seats in total. It’s going to take quite a bit of ‘legwork’ for what in reality aren’t that many tickets, as for general admission tickets they haven’t got a chance. 

I know Ed Sheeran did it a few years ago but I just think it’s a non starter. 

I know they say use Twickets but I think the bots are all over that, Taylor Swift tickets were appearing and being sold instantly, there’s no guarantee you’re not selling to a scalper. 

The whole thing needs sorting, but when you look at who has financial interests in viagogo I can’t see it happening. 

How do they sort it though? I assume you mean getting rid of scalpers. Put more tech around tickets, people sh1t their pants like at the kp. Face ID like glasto?? 

• Like 1

Spent an hour in the queue, got from 420,000th or so down to one, then went through... The loading circle spun for a minute then "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" popped up. Then a dialogue box popped up saying "our bad. Something went wrong. Let's start over". Then it says my session has expired due to inactivity, despite me being in the queue.

Tried to log in, it tells me my session has been suspended due to suspicious activity.

What an absolute shitshow.

• Haha 1

I get that people want to see them, I wouldn't mind it, but I ain't paying obscene prices to do it. You are all contributing to the absolute piss take system. 

There is huge demand, but its pure greed. Not just Oasis but the whole live music industry, especially the big stars. But if people are stupid enough to pay it, then why not. 

• Like 1

Me and my wife tried all day but to no avail. I don't know anyone who actually got tickets. Poor system all round, I love Oasis but not enough to pay the ridiculous inflated prices these stealth touts are charging. 

4 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Me and my wife tried all day but to no avail. I don't know anyone who actually got tickets. Poor system all round, I love Oasis but not enough to pay the ridiculous inflated prices these stealth touts are charging. 

Wait until next year youll be able to get them, nearer the time people will be trying to get rid of them.

• Like 1

Was in the queue for 5.5 hours then got through and it accused me of being a bot then said I was in a new queue but behind 430,000.00 people. At that point I gave up and looked forward to lcfc v Villa and then we lost that and here we are. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I get that people want to see them, I wouldn't mind it, but I ain't paying obscene prices to do it. You are all contributing to the absolute piss take system. 

There is huge demand, but its pure greed. Not just Oasis but the whole live music industry, especially the big stars. But if people are stupid enough to pay it, then why not. 

I agree, I find it funny that people are actually that bothered about Oasis nowadays, it's all a bit sad if you ask me, mad for it 😁

On 30/08/2024 at 19:37, goody2028 said:

Night 1, Cardiff. Bosh. 

Fingers crossed you all get sorted on here 

Same, got the pre sale code, was in the queue around 40,000th, went down pretty quickly and ooosh, seated tickets x 4, opening night. General sale sounded carnage, hope some of you managed to get some.

Standard chat from some that didn’t get tickets…”never liked them” “Liam’s voice has gone” “saw them in 1997 and they were at their best” …hilarious it’s like not getting Glastonbury tickets…”line up is cr@p anyway !!

Edited by Costello
Update

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

People kicking off about prices …… it’s practically sold out :ph34r:

I think it depends what prices they’re kicking off about. Some got to the front of the queue and all that was left was “ticketmaster premium” which was £355 for a standing ticket. That’s pretty poor.

My group got Manchester tickets in the end, but by that point I was already fine not going.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

How do they sort it though? I assume you mean getting rid of scalpers. Put more tech around tickets, people sh1t their pants like at the kp. Face ID like glasto?? 

The problem is people are going to transfer tickets. I’m keeping one of mine and transferring the other three when I can. 

Security at Wembley I’m guessing isn’t the best paid and between the ticket checks they already have,  bag searches, metal detectors etc asking them to do a on the spot deep dive into ticket purchases for 80000 people isn’t going to happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Wait until next year youll be able to get them, nearer the time people will be trying to get rid of them.

You’ll have to get very lucky through TM or Twickets. I was looking for Taylor Swift tickets earlier this year I don’t think one appeared on Twickets, the odd one that appeared on TM was premium priced. 

I was down the city today and the number of people who had been looking for tickets this morning was insane.

Everyone knows someone or someone who knows someone who would bite your hand off for them. I honestly can’t see many going on Twickets or TM resale. I think they’re going to be transferred and sold privately.

I’ve sold off Twickets in the past, irritates me that they sometimes seem to be unable able to cover the full service fee add on when listing a ticket, knock off your PayPal charge and you actually get less back than what you paid. 

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Chill out brother, its not my fault you didn't get tickets.

Don't listen to him - this is a lie - he works in the call centre.

mtwg.jpg

• Haha 3

Fvck Ticketmaster. Need more bands to do a Pearl Jam.

Eventually got through but I've enough self-respect not to have paid more than double the amount the punter next to me has. Expect there'll be more dates to come, really pleased for those who've got tickets.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

I agree, I find it funny that people are actually that bothered about Oasis nowadays, it's all a bit sad if you ask me, mad for it 😁

Dunno, people spend hundreds on Mother’s Day, xmas, Valentine’s Day and all manner of other made up commercial western sh1t. Few hundred on oasis not that bad 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Dunno, people spend hundreds on Mother’s Day, xmas, Valentine’s Day and all manner of other made up commercial western sh1t. Few hundred on oasis not that bad 

I spend a tenner on valentine's day and mothers day 😁

12 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Fvck Ticketmaster. Need more bands to do a Pearl Jam.

Eventually got through but I've enough self-respect not to have paid more than double the amount the punter next to me has. Expect there'll be more dates to come, really pleased for those who've got tickets.

Some of the “VIP” / “Hospitality” packages looked ridiculous too. One of them was £500 general admission, with access to a hospitality bar of which you’d pay for drinks. I think you get a laminated card too, as a souvenir.

Tried hard to get tickets yesterday but in the light of day away from being caught up in the hype, it looks like a complete cash grab by the band. They didn’t have to opt into the dynamic pricing with Ticketmaster, they could’ve sold every ticket however they liked, but they’ve opted to shaft fans whilst telling them via their social media to only resell tickets at face value. Imagine paying ~£400 for a ticket and then trying to resell at face value, given that face value is a ridiculous £150. 

Rant over lol

27 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Some of the “VIP” / “Hospitality” packages looked ridiculous too. One of them was £500 general admission, with access to a hospitality bar of which you’d pay for drinks. I think you get a laminated card too, as a souvenir.

Tried hard to get tickets yesterday but in the light of day away from being caught up in the hype, it looks like a complete cash grab by the band. They didn’t have to opt into the dynamic pricing with Ticketmaster, they could’ve sold every ticket however they liked, but they’ve opted to shaft fans whilst telling them via their social media to only resell tickets at face value. Imagine paying ~£400 for a ticket and then trying to resell at face value, given that face value is a ridiculous £150. 

Rant over lol

I agree with this. I feel a bit ridiculous for getting caught up in the hype in the first place. The novelty wore off pretty quick in that queue. I notice that coaches are like £50-60 too. I don’t care about the reunion that much to spend over £200. 

3 minutes ago, boots60 said:

1994. 150 turned up at the Charlotte paying an extortionate £4 to see an only slightly famous, up & at you Manc band.

That's the time of see Oasis.

Still annoyed I missed that gig.

Around that time we saw The Charlaton's, Cast, Shed Seven, Inspiral Carpets, Sleeper, and many others at the Charolotte or Demontford Uni but missed Oasis.

One of life's regrets.

• Like 1