Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Oasis

It’s 2024, when commerce is highly regulated and Ticketmaster are still allowed a monopoly over the market, increasing prices 2x at will, but yet no government seems to have decided that they’re running one of the biggest scams in the world.

“Dynamic pricing” is activated by the artist. 

Last year, Robert Smith from The Cure took Ticketmaster to task over their price gouging and got fans of his band refunds.

Oasis are greedy twats.

Blur, Pulp and Suede are infinitely better bands. Fvck these cvnts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

It’s 2024, when commerce is highly regulated and Ticketmaster are still allowed a monopoly over the market, increasing prices 2x at will, but yet no government seems to have decided that they’re running one of the biggest scams in the world.

Last year, Robert Smith from The Cure took Ticketmaster to task over their price gouging and got fans of his band refunds.

Oasis are greedy twats.

I wouldn't assume that it's a decision made by the artist personally in all instances, and even if it is, they might not appreciate what this might mean in practice. 

Demand was always going to be high but something about all this doesn't add up to me. I read something yesterday that suggested at one point that there were 20 million people in the queue. That might be bollocks but if that's true there's no way on earth that's actual people. They said Knebworth could have sold out 3 or 4 times over and that's when the band were at the absolute peak of their powers and the tickets were half the price of even the cheap ones today in real terms, so that's only a million people then.

I wonder how many tickets were actually sold at the inflated prices and how many were bought by people that intend to go. 

The only thing that's clear to me about all this is that the technology now allows the absolutely ruthless exploitation of any buzz or hype

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

3 hours ago, boots60 said:

1994. 150 turned up at the Charlotte paying an extortionate £4 to see an only slightly famous, up & at you Manc band.

That's the time of see Oasis.

Difficult for me to see them then because I was born a year later. 
As for the reunion, I’ll try nearer the time but I won’t pay over the odds.

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Oasis are greedy twats.

Other bands have better singers, better instrument players etc

However even though I said in the unpopular opinions thread that I don’t think they’ll be great to watch, as it’s a mass karaoke, they are iconic and the voice / band of an entire generation.  

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

Other bands have better singers, better instrument players etc

However even though I said in the unpopular opinions thread that I don’t think they’ll be great to watch, as it’s a mass karaoke, they are iconic and the voice / band of an entire generation.  

I believe the term is musician 😂😂

• Haha 3

Just now, Sly said:

You are very correct! You can tell I can’t even play a triangle. 

Made me chuckle. But you’re correct in general.

Noel wrote some cracking tunes in the early days. I’ve seen them live before and I wouldn’t even say it was in my top 50 gigs. A load of mates were up for Heaton Park, so it seemed like it’d be a good day out - but it’s certainly not worth the hassle or those inflated prices.

4 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Noel is a dreadful guitar player. Awful. 

Blink are shit live too but the reunion this year was a blast. Tom can’t sing for shit and his guitar playing is poor: Sometimes it doesn’t matter if the event is fun.

Oasis and Arctic Monkeys kinda just stand there and play without much else (in my experience).

Edited by phoneticerror

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Blink are shit live too but the reunion this year was a blast. Tom can’t sing for shit and his guitar playing is poor: Sometimes it doesn’t matter if the event is fun.

Oasis and Arctic Monkeys kinda just stand there and play without much else (in my experience).

I remember watching Oasis at Wembley in one of their last gigs. Kasabian were the better band that night. 

Oasis is just fun as everyone knows the songs and everyone chips in. 

Taylor Swift isn’t the greatest singer, performer or musician. She’s just the one that fans connect with. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

I remember watching Oasis at Wembley in one of their last gigs. Kasabian were the better band that night. 

Taylor Swift isn’t the greatest singer, performer or musician. She’s just the one that fans connect with. 

Can’t bloody stand her. I don’t get why she’s become such a mega star. The songs are poor.

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Can’t bloody stand her. I don’t get why she’s become such a mega star. The songs are poor.

Neither do I.

She’s quite bland to be honest but that seems to attract every person and its dog. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Neither do I.

She’s quite bland to be honest but that seems to attract every person and its dog. 

Very very true. My Mrs likes her, and I think that’s probably why she annoys me so much because it’s often on in the kitchen etc.

Some other female artists are better. I got wedged in at the barrier at Leeds Fest in 2018 (I think) and Dua Lipa was on next so I just stayed to see what all the fuss was about. She was cracking. Better voice than Taylor and a hell of a lot more attractive too.

Edited by phoneticerror

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Reverend and The Enemy along with Kasabian as support, and the Oasis ticket was £38.50!

Agree, Kasabian were the better band, Oasis performance was the dying embers of a band who had lost their way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Made me chuckle. But you’re correct in general.

Noel wrote some cracking tunes in the early days. I’ve seen them live before and I wouldn’t even say it was in my top 50 gigs. A load of mates were up for Heaton Park, so it seemed like it’d be a good day out - but it’s certainly not worth the hassle or those inflated prices.

Can you list the 50 gigs that were better? 

19 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Reverend and The Enemy along with Kasabian as support, and the Oasis ticket was £38.50!

Agree, Kasabian were the better band, Oasis performance was the dying embers of a band who had lost their way.

Was there also. Kasabian weren't even second best, The Enemy outshone them that day. Oasis were great.

Reverend and the Makers...meh

19 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Can you list the 50 gigs that were better? 

I mean, I don’t know why you’d want me to. Need me to show you old ticket stubs too? 😂😂

I’m 39 bud, I don’t think it’s hard to believe that I’ve been to 50+ better gigs than Oasis in 2002 at Birmingham NIA. However, if I’d been at Knebworth then I’m sure it’d be a different story as that one was iconic.

Tried for 11 hours, closest I got was I got to watch the standing tickets vanish infront of my eyes and them "in demand" tickets appear. Had 4 of them in my basket. I refuse to pay what I could get an all inclusive week away for a day out. No band is worth £300+ for a 1 day gig. Glastonbury is £355 for 5 days of music, Liam and Noel want that for 1 day in a park? You can bollocks. 

Nothing will change, they still sold out and idiots paid the surge pricing, justifying that they can charge it and people would pay it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sly said:

Yeah, it was a pretty poor gig that one. Kasabian and The Enemy were better on the day IMO. Saw them at City of Manchester Stadium in 2002 and that one was epic though. 

Sometimes more than anything it's the crowd that makes it, or the people around you. The music is often largely the same. It's one of those intangible things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

Tried for 11 hours, closest I got was I got to watch the standing tickets vanish infront of my eyes and them "in demand" tickets appear. Had 4 of them in my basket. I refuse to pay what I could get an all inclusive week away for a day out. No band is worth £300+ for a 1 day gig. Glastonbury is £355 for 5 days of music, Liam and Noel want that for 1 day in a park? You can bollocks. 

Nothing will change, they still sold out and idiots paid the surge pricing, justifying that they can charge it and people would pay it. 

I said the same. Once the tickets surged everyone should have said feck off and they'd have looked like muppets with 1000's of unsold tickets. But like with everything, including football tickets, merch, tv subs, stupid people will always continue to overpay for stuff so the companies/bands/clubs etc will continue to rip people off. 

I'm not going to criticise anyone who paid £350 for standing, that is their choice. I had the opportunity for Cardiff Night two but passed at those prices.

I've seen Springsteen 3 times this summer, AC/DC, Green Day, Foo Fighters and Taylor Swift. Plus a couple of smaller gigs.

I definitely overpaid for AC/DC and Springsteen at Wembley, £170 each for OK but not great seats.

I don't do two weeks all inclusive in the summer anywhere, I would rather spend the money on going to concerts. That's just my choice.