Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Oasis

23 minutes ago, Livid said:

I'm not going to criticise anyone who paid £350 for standing, that is their choice. I had the opportunity for Cardiff Night two but passed at those prices.

I've seen Springsteen 3 times this summer, AC/DC, Green Day, Foo Fighters and Taylor Swift. Plus a couple of smaller gigs.

I definitely overpaid for AC/DC and Springsteen at Wembley, £170 each for OK but not great seats.

I don't do two weeks all inclusive in the summer anywhere, I would rather spend the money on going to concerts. That's just my choice.

I think the point is, continuing to pay the surge pricing only means it's going to continue for all gigs and just get worse.  It's ridiculous, the tickets were already priced on the high side BECAUSE there would be demand, so gouging them even further is a p*** take. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

I think the point is, continuing to pay the surge pricing only means it's going to continue for all gigs and just get worse.  It's ridiculous, the tickets were already priced on the high side BECAUSE there would be demand, so gouging them even further is a p*** take. 

Which show were you looking at going too? Out of interest. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

August 2nd preferably as a few mates are on shift the other dates.

Ahhhh ok, there's a couple of tickets were available on twickets for Cardiff opening night when I last looked, I can't get there so thought I'd let you know cause I know you were after tickets too. There was a ticket available for Wembley 3rd of August but only one and I need 2 tickets myself. 

Edited by sharpylcfc
  • Like 1

Just now, sharpylcfc said:

Ahhhh ok, there's a couple of tickets were available on twickets for Cardiff opening night when I last looked, I can't get there so thought I'd let you know cause I know you were after tickets too. 

On twickets already?

A great example of fomo and social media hype, how much did they take in total ?

I guess there will be a lot of people that have never seen them live but hear the songs in the clubs etc so you can see why the demand was there. (these people probably know about 6 or 7 of there songs)

Would never pay £300 though

Edited by whoareyaaa

On 30/08/2024 at 23:51, Izzy said:

I've spent hours the last 2 days on YT watching loads of Oasis early stuff and listening to interviews with Noel. What a time to be alive in the mid 90's - I miss it.

Noel talks a lot about the gigs with the first two albums being the best, how Liam's voice was incredible, the whole Brit Pop thing, and the fact they were still an indie band without all the corporate BS.

Fast forward to their later stuff from 05 onwards and it's all very different and the magic seems to have disappeared. Here we are 20 years after that, and I think people need to manage their expectations of this reunion a bit.

I'm sure the gigs next year will be decent and people will enjoy them but I don't expect the same electricity as Maine Road and Knebworth for example.

Those days are gone and they're all old geezers like me in their 50's now.

If you’d been to any of the LG gigs recently, you’d not have written that.

I think it will be as good as it ever was.

19 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I grabbed a Manchester ticket for a mate on twickets last night for £148.

That's lucky.

All the ones that pop up on twickets are priced at the demand pricing plus fees.

I refuse to pay the demand pricing.

Add this to the fact I was 1800 in the queue and choosing my tickets for 45 minutes to then being booted out and placed at 180k in the queue.

It wouldn't suprise me if they set this up and on Saturday all tickets were £355.

1 hour ago, Hilton Fox said:

That's lucky.

All the ones that pop up on twickets are priced at the demand pricing plus fees.

I refuse to pay the demand pricing.

Add this to the fact I was 1800 in the queue and choosing my tickets for 45 minutes to then being booted out and placed at 180k in the queue.

It wouldn't suprise me if they set this up and on Saturday all tickets were £355.

It’s possible yeah. The ticket I got for my mate was on the Wednesday.

Edited by phoneticerror

32 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

When you've lobbed on top the accomodation, travel, beer - tenner a pint, merch - i will be a £500pp job. You'd have to be a superfan to warrant that

Depends how bothered you are about just wanting to see the band, can't people just drive, don't buy merch and don't buy loads of beer, which will only make you want a piss every 20 minutes anyway.

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Probably me being bitter but it will essentially be a mass karaoke with everyone's phone out anyway. 

And judging by Debs above, half the people there won't know much about their back catalogue.

A mate (serious serious) concert goer, said they'd be on Twickets in due course AND above proves that.  I saw them before and my lad likes them, even my daughter whatsapped from LA for tickets.

The funny/annoying thing was I couldn't stay in the queue coz I was going to the game, when my Mrs got back home, we were still in the queue, so that was 6hrs but £300, I said dream on, and then when I got home for the 2nd half of Manc Noel was in the crowd, he didn't have to wait in the queue then?

1 hour ago, Andy11111 said:

Depends how bothered you are about just wanting to see the band, can't people just drive, don't buy merch and don't buy loads of beer, which will only make you want a piss every 20 minutes anyway.

How likely is that for 90% of people??

Lets drive to Cardiff, watch a gig, drink water, eat packed lunch then drive all the way home at midnight. Not gonna happen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

So now I am learning that my Twickets alert for Oasis isn't working then from the comments here. 

Off I go to fix that!

My alerts never work on twickets, I saw a couple of tickets earlier but they were premium and silly money.

2 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

So now I am learning that my Twickets alert for Oasis isn't working then from the comments here. 

Off I go to fix that!

56 minutes ago, Andy11111 said:

My alerts never work on twickets, I saw a couple of tickets earlier but they were premium and silly money.

I’ve had this problem in the past. Did you set the alert up on mobile app? I found it more reliable if you set the alert up logged into your account on a desktop computer.

As soon as they come up, click on them and (if you’re quick enough) straight away press buy. You can always click off again if they’re a stupid price. 

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

I’ve had this problem in the past. Did you set the alert up on mobile app? I found it more reliable if you set the alert up logged into your account on a desktop computer.

As soon as they come up, click on them and (if you’re quick enough) straight away press buy. You can always click off again if they’re a stupid price. 

Mine was set up on Desktop. I have always got emails or notifiations before. I will keep an eye on it and see if I start getting any over the next few months. 

• Like 1