Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Devonfox1884

schlupp to swansea

I wonder if we rejected it in the hope of them upping their offer. After all, if they're gonna throw £2.5m at us, why not try and hold out for more?

How much more can we realistically hold out for? £2.5m is decent money imo for a player that hasn't featured regularly.

I wonder if we rejected it in the hope of them upping their offer. After all, if they're gonna throw £2.5m at us, why not try and hold out for more?

I guess it's possible. Risky tactics if you are wanting the money though. They might move on to someone else.

Turning that debt into equity has obviously played a part in our ability to reject offers like this...

I mean 2.5m for a player who can't even make the bench for a team in the championship is a no brainer for me...

Potential can only be realised and honed if allowed to play, he'll not suddenly become shit hot if he doesn't even get in the matchday squads. Lunacy to reject it. We'll flog him for £250,000 this time next year to Bristol City no doubt.

As a club we're the pits at knowing when to sell. He'll never be worth anything near £2.5 million ever again.

You and others fail to understand that he is Worth more than £2.5m to us!!!

Even if he only plays in a handful of games as a backup left back during our final score of games in the championship that is good enough. he knows our system and is the insurance Policy to get us many many millions in promotion money.

The rest of the season is about the SQUAD and Jeff is an integral part of that.

Wahahahaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa get out of town you little rascal

You think I jest but there aren't many players around with Schlupp's physical abilities let alone combined with a good left foot. I've been told by more than a few who are more qualified to judge a players potential than myself that if he dove head first into a change to left back that he could be something really special.

They don't want to sell him and upset Liam imo. Any big departures could also affect moral so they don't want to risk selling anyone who is in the first team squad.

Eh?! He's a big boy, I'm sure he can cope if his mate moves to another club. Moore knows he's got a great future here, and if he's got any sense about him then he  would know that Swansea would be a great move for Schlupp and would help him to develop his game, as he's stagnating here.

Eh?! He's a big boy, I'm sure he can cope if his mate moves to another club. Moore knows he's got a great future here, and if he's got any sense about him then he  would know that Swansea would be a great move for Schlupp and would help him to develop his game, as he's stagnating here.

Don't mind me, I'm just adding my own drivel to the speculation.

How much more can we realistically hold out for? £2.5m is decent money imo for a player that hasn't featured regularly.

I guess it's possible. Risky tactics if you are wanting the money though. They might move on to someone else.

Turning that debt into equity has obviously played a part in our ability to reject offers like this...

I mean 2.5m for a player who can't even make the bench for a team in the championship is a no brainer for me...

Don't get me wrong, I've already said I think £2.5m is an absolute rip off if you're buying him, especially if he doesn't play regularly so I agree.

And if the tweet above about Swansea not being put off by rejection I guess the next landmark offer would be £3m. Suppose we could also chuck some add-ons and clauses in. The ball is in our court I believe.

His Mrs will be reading this and then whinge on twitter about it how people have been really nasty to Jeff

He must be a bit embaressed that he needs his Mrs to defend him. He's a big boy now not a teenager.

I don't think he necessarily needs his Mrs to defend him. Just that she likes to have her say regardless.

A lot of folk talk about Jeff as a full back, a lot of talk about him as a striker. Just a few see the genuine potential he has as a left side midfielder. That is obviously where his future must be. Strong, quick, can score goals, can defend. Still a 'work in progress', but FFS why do you all think he has been coached to improve his defensive capabilities when he has always been a striker.

Potentially, I think he could be awesome playing wide in midfield. Just now Lloyd is keeping him out of the team, but he is the natural replacement the club are 'grooming' for that role.

Alllll aboard the 16/1 on Swansea going down if they're going to play Schlupp and N'gog up front for the second part of their season. 

I dunno if I'm dreaming because I only got up about half an hour ago but did we actually just reject 2.5 million?! Really?!!!?!?

The very real possibility is that he has the potential to progress but I fail to see him doing that under the current regime. If he went there and turned out to be quality then i'd still rather that than him be pissed about with us and we flog him for mince in a year or so.

Don't get me wrong, I've already said I think £2.5m is an absolute rip off if you're buying him, especially if he doesn't play regularly so I agree.

And if the tweet above about Swansea not being put off by rejection I guess the next landmark offer would be £3m. Suppose we could also chuck some add-ons and clauses in. The ball is in our court I believe.

I don't think he necessarily needs his Mrs to defend him. Just that she likes to have her say regardless.

Course she likes to have her say. His salary funds her lifestyle..........

The very real possibility is that he has the potential to progress but I fail to see him doing that under the current regime. If he went there and turned out to be quality then i'd still rather that than him be pissed about with us and we flog him for mince in a year or so.

if we went up he would be even worse than 6th current choice striker?

Its a no brainer.

I know what you mean, it seems like he's wasting his formative years on the bench when he could be getting game time, I wonder if Pearson is working on him as a replacement for Dyer when his legs finally go. It'd make sense to keep him hear and train him up in the aspects of his game Pearson will be hoping to utilise.

Still, nothing compares to solid game time.

Archived