Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Devonfox1884

schlupp to swansea

Arguably our most important squad member (based on ability to lay different positions), why sell? unless he wants to go, any sale of a first team squad can only have a detrinental effect on the squad morale, and it sends out a negative vibe to the fans... WE ARE NOT A SELLING CLUB

Arguably our most important squad member (based on ability to lay different positions), why sell? unless he wants to go, any sale of a first team squad can only have a detrinental effect on the squad morale, and it sends out a negative vibe to the fans... WE ARE NOT A SELLING CLUB

Just because we accept a bid doesn't mean we are a Selling Club  lol

Schlupp is a decent option from the bench, mainly because of his ability to play three different positions. It makes sense for us to just use Schlupp as basic cover, but £2.5million is a good offer.

You think I jest but there aren't many players around with Schlupp's physical abilities let alone combined with a good left foot. I've been told by more than a few who are more qualified to judge a players potential than myself that if he dove head first into a change to left back that he could be something really special.

Spot on

£2.5million?!

SELL HIM QUICK!

I've said before the guy's got all the attributes to a top player (pace, power, strength, decent touch) but he's just got no footballing brain whatsoever and hasn't really ever convinced fully in a position. He may go on to be a great player, who knows, but I highly doubt it so taking £2.5million for him would be a great bit of business for us (bird in the hand and all that).

When you consider Knocky cost less than that and Mahrez was 500k... think of what we could do with that money.

I would assume that if it's rejected it's simply because we haven't got our eye on anyone who could be a replacement and brought on board today. That's got to be the main element of risk to this, not that they think Jeff is ever going to be worth more than £2.5million.

A lot of folk talk about Jeff as a full back, a lot of talk about him as a striker. Just a few see the genuine potential he has as a left side midfielder. That is obviously where his future must be. Strong, quick, can score goals, can defend. Still a 'work in progress', but FFS why do you all think he has been coached to improve his defensive capabilities when he has always been a striker.

Potentially, I think he could be awesome playing wide in midfield. Just now Lloyd is keeping him out of the team, but he is the natural replacement the club are 'grooming' for that role.

I agree with this, and if NP doesn't wanna sell then there's a reason. 2.5 sounds a good deal tho in the current situation with him not starting and not even benched lately. Look at the bigger picture I'd say.

I like the bloke, seems to have his head screwed on and has always slotted in wherever he's been asked to fairly seamlessly with no fuss or trouble. Looked great up top at the end of last season when the likes of Nugent, Waghorn and Kane couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo but, the way things are going - I think a move would do all parties good. Swansea might not be doing brilliantly at the moment but they can afford the luxury of being able to give Schlupp more game time (and Premier League game time at that, still in Europe too, aren't they?) than he's being given here, for us promotion is the goal and Konchesky (bar recent bomb-scares) is as good and solid a left back as you'll find at this level and Jeff'll never get a sniff up top.

I don't know what he fancies himself as positionally wise be it striker, left wing or left back but I think £2.5 million is a deal that'll suit all parties. There's definitely something about him but I don't think he'll realise that potential with us, akin to Gradel. Sometimes players have to be shipped out to get games and grow as footballers and I think that is the case here.

If he moves to Swansea I can see his value growing, it won't here. I'll wish him all the best - cheers for that ping against Bolton, Jeff.

£2.5M is a stupidly high bid for such an average player, he might be versatile but fvcking hell I thought we'd struggle to sell him for £1M. for the money Swansea have offered and with Steve Walsh's scouting expertise, we can easily find a player better than Jeff Schlupp.

If he committed to playing left back he could be absolute dynamite and I see him as potentially being one of the best left backs in Europe in the future. However he is a striker first and foremost in his mind and for me he will never reach the same level playing there. I would take £2.5 million and invest in a left back to succeed Konchesky when the time is right. Also I've been told his girlfriend is another one (like a few other players we have) who likes to stick her ore in on Twitter by arguing the toss with absolute nobodies who don't matter.

Fcuking hell!! lol alright Jeff!

If they have seriously offered 2.5million its not even a question, get rid.

Was a player with some promise, now looks disinterest and out of his depth even at this level.

Was a player with some promise, now looks disinterest and out of his depth even at this level.

It's disturbing we've rejected it straight off the bat.

You can laugh all you want but there is a reason £2.5 million has been rejected straight off with no discussions. He is highly thought of at the club by the coaching staff and physically he really is an incredible athlete. 

You think I jest but there aren't many players around with Schlupp's physical abilities let alone combined with a good left foot. I've been told by more than a few who are more qualified to judge a players potential than myself that if he dove head first into a change to left back that he could be something really special.

But he won't, so it's a moot point. He wants to play up front and I don't think he'll ever embrace the left back role - he's certainly not shown any signs of committing to it so far.

You can laugh all you want but there is a reason £2.5 million has been rejected straight off with no discussions. He is highly thought of at the club by the coaching staff and physically he really is an incredible athlete. 

Funny way of showing it when he hardly features for us.

He might be fast and strong but he's got no brain. He can't see the game around him, can't shoot or cross the ball effectively.

Anyone who saw him come on and wander about at QPR for 10 minutes like a zombie would agree. He's the new Neil Lewis. Take the money and run...

Archived