Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Devonfox1884

schlupp to swansea

It's disturbing we've rejected it straight off the bat.

Well hopefully it's a poker tactic and we're waiting on a another offer.

We're being offered 2.5million for a striker who can't finish combined with a left back who can't defend.

I thought his Ngog signing was bad but Laudrup must be seriously losing it.

Sick of the usual "what an athlete" bollocks.

This is football, not boxing or athletics. Akinbiyi and Benjamin were brilliant athletes.

I'd be all over having a crack at John Flanagan from Liverpool on loan, not sure if Rodgers is keen to use him about the first team, though.

Unlikely. Glen Johnson seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth and Flanagan is being used as a right-back instead. (he's a left-back?). And plus Aly Cissokho seems to be absolute dog-turd for Liverpool so Flanagan will be used there too I'd think.

Well hopefully it's a poker tactic and we're waiting on a another offer.

We're being offered 2.5million for a striker who can't finish combined with a left back who can't defend.

I thought his Ngog signing was bad but Laudrup must be seriously losing it.

Probably has no idea Swansea have made a bid lol

It's disturbing we've rejected it straight off the bat.

If you were selling a house you wouldn't take the first offer you got, would you? First bid is all about testing the water - taht won't be the maximum Swansea are willing to pay for him. It's not about what we perceive him to be worth, it's about trying to get the best price. Rejecting the first offer out of hand shows that we think he's worth more than that and if they want him, they're going to have to up their bid. Not really a risky tactic on the first bid, if they actually want him they'll come back.

Some of the comments in this thread really make me laugh, just cause he has been dropped by the manager does not make him a bad player over night, one bloke saying "oh he has only scored one goal in 22 games". Thats cause he's been playing left back you Moron! I remember similar "I'll drive him there myself" comments when Sven wanted to flog Lloyd to Shef Wed for 200k now look at him 200k wouldn't buy you a signed lloyd shirt  :). Jeff is the 2nd best left back at the club and a very promising Striker the last time he started two games on the trot in his preferred position he went 2 goals in two games last april. Just cause the manager is not playing him does not make him shit look at Maxi Gradel. 

Some of the comments in this thread really make me laugh, just cause he has been dropped by the manager does not make him a bad player over night, one bloke saying "oh he has only scored one goal in 22 games". Thats cause he's been playing left back you Moron! I remember similar "I'll drive him there myself" comments when Sven wanted to flog Lloyd to Shef Wed for 200k now look at him 200k wouldn't buy you a signed lloyd shirt :). Jeff is the 2nd best left back at the club and a very promising Striker the last time he started two games on the trot in his preferred position he went 2 goals in two games last april. Just cause the manager is not playing him does not make him shit look at Maxi Gradel.

Sorry Jeff.

Who here thinks Schlupp is a better left back than Konchesky?

Who here thinks Konchesky is worth 2.5 million?

case closed

Really?

One has his whole career ahead of him and the others is coming to an end.

City reject Swansea's 2.5mill offer, he's going to be pissed off, I hope he's not one whose contract is up at the end of the season , if so we'll lose him for nothing

If we get promoted, I doubt we'll be too worried about losing 2.5 million when the tv money comes though.

£2.5 million for a player who doesn't even start, plus in recent games sometimes he hasn't even been on the bench.

And as Tanner said we rejected it?

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Forget his potential, this is easy money.

Really?

One has his whole career ahead of him and the others is coming to an end.

I honestly think we've seen everything he can offer already tbh

Sorry but that's just my opinion, he could end up blooming into the best striker in the country but I just don't see it personally, I reckon people have just got a bit carried away at the fact Man U were looking at him.

We'll be lucky to get anything for him if he just sit's in our reserves for another season. Can you honestly see him starting games in the premiership should we get promoted?

£2.5 million for a player who doesn't even start, plus in recent games sometimes he hasn't even been on the bench.

And as Tanner said we rejected it?

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Forget his potential, this is easy money.

so what if he becomes a top notch striker when he reaches his potential and gets sold for silly money? we shouldn't ever sell potential, easy money? it could be double or triple that in a few seasons, or it could be half that or next to nothing, personally i think he's worth keeping and developing some more 

jeff is one of the contract up at the end of the season i think we will lose for free at the end of the season think fulham our waiting till the summer when there can get him for free

He is contracted till the end of 2015 so no worries bout losing him for free at end of season

Archived