Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Thief

finished it today, not a bad game at all imo. solid 7....feels a bit unpolished but hey ho,

going to eBay though while it has some value, might get it again if I see it cheap ;)

Sounds a more believable account than LiB's raving lol

Really dunno about this, half tempted but by the sounds of it it doesn't really do the first two games justice and there's a lot out this month and I've still not done Fable Anniversary yet. 

finished it today, not a bad game at all imo. solid 7....feels a bit unpolished but hey ho,

going to eBay though while it has some value, might get it again if I see it cheap ;)

I think this is a fair rating. Anything less than 7 is extremely harsh. I'm going for an 8 so far, I found escaping the foundry an excellent sequence and now sneaking through the brothel... What's not to like? lol

Sounds a more believable account than LiB's raving lol

Really dunno about this, half tempted but by the sounds of it it doesn't really do the first two games justice and there's a lot out this month and I've still not done Fable Anniversary yet.

It's as good as a Deadly Shadows. Buy it.

Maybe the game makers didn't pay the reviewers enough money? :whistle:

Indeed. It doesn't have Titanfall in the title, so it must be this!

Maybe the game makers didn't pay the reviewers enough money? :whistle:

Or the makers of Dishonored paid them off. ;)

I don't have boundless faith in reviews but when they're that universal?

Thief used to be the thinking man's stealth game, the "true" stealther. I'll wait till the price comes down on Steam but I'll give it a go. Have been very cautious since it was announced though.

I think this is a fair rating. Anything less than 7 is extremely harsh. I'm going for an 8 so far, I found escaping the foundry an excellent sequence and now sneaking through the brothel... What's not to like? lol

It's as good as a Deadly Shadows. Buy it.

Indeed. It doesn't have Titanfall in the title, so it must be this!

There's a reason I said first two games!

There's a reason I said first two games!

Indeed.

Although it has the edge on deadly shadows imo. I know you could switch perspective on the latter but this feels more immersive.

I like it, Frankie likes it, Beliall likes it, others like it, what more do you need to be convinced?

I've put 2 or 3 hours into it, am struggling to get immersed so far.

Are you trying Master Thief difficulty settings? That'll have you totally engrossed in it. Also turn out the lights and play in absolute darkness. Guarantee that after chapter 2 you will be hooked.

Just finished chapter 3, absolutely loved that. Tip: If you hide in the closets it will autosave every time. This is useful.

Still giving this 8, it's very good.

Indeed.

Although it has the edge on deadly shadows imo. I know you could switch perspective on the latter but this feels more immersive.

I like it, Frankie likes it, Beliall likes it, others like it, what more do you need to be convinced?

You like anything you've convinced yourself your going to like before you buy it so your reaction doesn't shock me, you enjoyed Knack but didn't like Red Dead Redemption, so I take what you say with a pinch of salt. Even then you've said it's as good as a game that's nearly 10 years old and by far the weakest in a nigh on twenty year old three game franchise doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Frankie I can normally get on with what he says to be fair.....but he said it "wasn't bad"...when I don't have a lot of time for games I have reservations about paying £35 for a game that "isn't bad" when I can go out and by a classic I've not played yet for under a tenner. Or one of the many other games coming out this month.

Beliall, in his last post, had played one hour. Even if that was enough time to get a feel for the game (which it isn't) the fact that he's stated that it's better than Dishonored (which was a very nice take on how to take Theifs game play forward and a very good game in it's own right) before even getting into the games second hour suggests to me his opinion should be taken even lighter than yours.

So in short, quite a bit more

Are you trying Master Thief difficulty settings? That'll have you totally engrossed in it. Also turn out the lights and play in absolute darkness. Guarantee that after chapter 2 you will be hooked.

Just finished chapter 3, absolutely loved that. Tip: If you hide in the closets it will autosave every time. This is useful.

Still giving this 8, it's very good.

Agree there, personally I have it on thief setting as I wasnt sure how tough it would be, but I do have all the visual markers off. Its very immersive, especially peering round corners is really well done. And small details like having legs lol. Looking forward to replaying it on custom leaderboard style.

This is also one of the few games where collecting things makes sense, you're a thief, steal everything. Not like some games, that asks you to collect totally pointless things for a trophy.

Beliall, in his last post, had played one hour. Even if that was enough time to get a feel for the game (which it isn't) the fact that he's stated that it's better than Dishonored (which was a very nice take on how to take Theifs game play forward and a very good game in it's own right) before even getting into the games second hour suggests to me his opinion should be taken even lighter than yours.

Sounds to me like you have convinced yourself you won't like it.

I play a lot of games, and its easy to tell if your going to like something after an hour. If you had played the first hour of thief, youd know that. But you havent so have no idea how good that first hour is.

Sounds to me like you have convinced yourself you won't like it.

I play a lot of games, and its easy to tell if your going to like something after an hour. If you had played the first hour of thief, youd know that. But you havent so have no idea how good that first hour is.

Do you want to look at my first post in this thread and then re evaluate that.  I thought this would be great, I'm geniuenly quite quite gob smacked by the reception it's got and that's the only thing that's convinced me. 

Ironic you are trying to hold the fact that I haven't played the game against me with only 60 minutes under your belt yourself. How good the first hour is is irrelevant. It's 1/15 of the game and you have no idea what awaits you or who quickly you'll get bored, you therefore can't go and make statements like "it's better than Dishonored"  especially when by all accounts it's not even a patch on it. 

Do you want to look at my first post in this thread and then re evaluate that.  I thought this would be great, I'm geniuenly quite quite gob smacked by the reception it's got and that's the only thing that's convinced me. 

Ironic you are trying to hold the fact that I haven't played the game against me with only 60 minutes under your belt yourself. How good the first hour is is irrelevant. It's 1/15 of the game and you have no idea what awaits you or who quickly you'll get bored, you therefore can't go and make statements like "it's better than Dishonored"  especially when by all accounts it's not even a patch on it. 

fair point. i should have said "its better than dishonoured was at this point"

continuing this discussion further would imply i want to try to change your mind, when i really dont need to. you'll get the game eventually i suspect, and then you'll know where i was coming from, wih the added good feeling of paying much less.

fair point. i should have said "its better than dishonoured was at this point"

continuing this discussion further would imply i want to try to change your mind, when i really dont need to. you'll get the game eventually i suspect, and then you'll know where i was coming from, wih the added good feeling of paying much less.

Well that would be a totally different discussion as Dishonoerds first hour really wasn't that great.

Quite Possibly, we shall see. 

Like Kermo.

lol

There you go again, always criticising my opinion before actually trying it yourself!

As for comparing Knack with RDR, at least I completed Knack, boredom set in way before the end with RDR. Watching tumbleweed drifting across the screen and little else other than random appearing bandits didnt really float my boat.

Anyway, back on topic, Thief is very good.

Archived