Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Thief

• 2 weeks later...

lol

Funny, and more than likely accurate.

It's a shame that the game is receiving so much stick, and whilst the video is funny in parts at the game's expense, no doubt this will turn even more people away from a game which is actually pretty good.

There have been far worse.

If it wasn't called Thief it'd be considered the low budget competition to Dishonored,

The fact that it is raises expectations.

You can't expect people not to be disappointed by those expectations falling short. Especially when the game feels lazy and hurried and done on the cheap to milk the name of a classic franchise for profit.

If it wasn't called Thief it'd be considered the low budget competition to Dishonored,

The fact that it is raises expectations.

You can't expect people not to be disappointed by those expectations falling short. Especially when the game feels lazy and hurried and done on the cheap to milk the name of a classic franchise for profit.

It does look like a crap Dishonored. Especially with the oppressed plague ridden steam punk city, how much more Dishonored do you want to get. 

I knew they'd totally ruin Garrat as well.

im still enjoying it, everthings a mission, i turned off all the on screen prompts and directional aids and making your way through the city is an adventure in itself. i must admit it is quite a rip off of dishonoured, but its well made in it own right and gives you freedom in a way most games dont. i played an hour or so yesterday and didnt do any mission, just explored. 

i am stuck on a side quest though, the gate wont open for the drunk man on my way to get the talking skull?

im still enjoying it, everthings a mission, i turned off all the on screen prompts and directional aids and making your way through the city is an adventure in itself. i must admit it is quite a rip off of dishonoured, but its well made in it own right and gives you freedom in a way most games dont. i played an hour or so yesterday and didnt do any mission, just explored. 

i am stuck on a side quest though, the gate wont open for the drunk man on my way to get the talking skull?

Pick the lock. If it's the gate I think you're at.

• 2 weeks later...

For a limited time only it's 24.99 (50% off) on the Playstation store. Tomb Raider is half price aswell, both until 1st April. Tempted.

I've put 20 hours into Thief. Just doing the bank heist mission now having finished the main story. Still a couple of client jobs to do as well.

At £25 this is good value. Buy it.

• 10 months later...

Can you summarise? I can't be bothered to watch a vidoe

Thiefs development is much like Citys defence - purposefully shooting itself at every opportunity and then wondering why people don't love it... And something about it being akin to sticking your todger in hot bleach, because it's a Yahtzee video, which means absurd metaphors and world-weary sarcasm everywhere.

• 1 month later...

Archived