Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

World of Tanks Xbox 360

Is anyone else playing this game? It's free to download from xbox marketplace. 

It's bloody awesome, the actual game play of hunting down other tanks in packs is fun but the other side of researching and buying other tank types really appeals to my nerdy side. You can chose from US, Uk and German tank types (from WW2) and customize your set up.

It's pretty sweet if you like tanks. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfOmWD1WghY

I have downloaded it and given it a quick try.It is certainly something different and quite good fun,

I like that when you die you don't have to sit and watch the rest of the game you can  go straight into another game, but you still get the points from the last game once it finishes.

I have downloaded it and given it a quick try.It is certainly something different and quite good fun,

I like that when you die you don't have to sit and watch the rest of the game you can  go straight into another game, but you still get the points from the last game once it finishes.

That is a really good aspect, you can have several different classes of tanks on the go at once. The in app purchases are quite subtle as well, which is refreshing.

Got this last night - actually really surprised how good it is!

• Good gameplay

• Perfect quick game cycle, matches are short and sweet and don't punish you for leaving after killed (get rewards once game has finished)

• Great free-to-play model - seems the paid content is just for the hardcore enthusiasts, and doesn't really affect balance against non-paying players

• Addictive

• Good learning curve with plenty of rewards/achievements

• Good mix of players - haven't once come across a particularly imbalanced match after playing about 20 matches

Been toying with a few classes, I enjoy playing as artillery most but won far more matches using medium tanks. Even the most basic ones without any upgrades can win a match if you use your brain and don't just race out at the start of the match

I'd recommend this to anyone for free. The only downside is the initial install seems to take ages but it's worth it

Got this last night - actually really surprised how good it is!

• Good gameplay

• Perfect quick game cycle, matches are short and sweet and don't punish you for leaving after killed (get rewards once game has finished)

• Great free-to-play model - seems the paid content is just for the hardcore enthusiasts, and doesn't really affect balance against non-paying players

• Addictive

• Good learning curve with plenty of rewards/achievements

• Good mix of players - haven't once come across a particularly imbalanced match after playing about 20 matches

Been toying with a few classes, I enjoy playing as artillery most but won far more matches using medium tanks. Even the most basic ones without any upgrades can win a match if you use your brain and don't just race out at the start of the match

I'd recommend this to anyone for free. The only downside is the initial install seems to take ages but it's worth it

The best tactic seems to be to battle in groups as you simply cannot take a tank out by yourself. I've toyed with a few classes also had  the most success with British mediums - (Matilda and medium III are my favourites) and American tank destroyers. I can't help but think I'm wasting my time leveling those up when the Germans clearly had the best tanks but it takes ages to get a Tiger or a Panther and their initial tanks are pants.

The best tactic seems to be to battle in groups as you simply cannot take a tank out by yourself. I've toyed with a few classes also had  the most success with British mediums - (Matilda and medium III are my favourites) and American tank destroyers. I can't help but think I'm wasting my time leveling those up when the Germans clearly had the best tanks but it takes ages to get a Tiger or a Panther and their initial tanks are pants.

Yeah I found that out in the first couple of matches, if you're on your own and come up against 2 tanks, you have absolutely no chance. Artillery is great if people don't cotton on where you are quick enough, otherwise stay in packs of 3 or so tanks and just pepper the oncoming enemy. Looking forward to playing again already

Yeah I found that out in the first couple of matches, if you're on your own and come up against 2 tanks, you have absolutely no chance. Artillery is great if people don't cotton on where you are quick enough, otherwise stay in packs of 3 or so tanks and just pepper the oncoming enemy. Looking forward to playing again already

Haha yeah it is very addictive! I tried the artillery at the start but would only take about a tenth out of someones health. Gave up once I got my medium III. You can load some of your tanks with high explosive shells too, which if they penetrate armor, can destroy a tank with one shot! So satisfying. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing the PC version for 1½ years. Quality 'shoot-em-up', especially when you platoon or play Clan Wars. I'm surprised they haven't added the French, Chinese and Japanese tanks on the Xbox version though... ?

Shen - I think the missing countries will be added over updates if demand is high enough. I read that they started with a slimmed down version to test the water this late in the consoles cycle but it seems to be fairly popular, and additional content is trickled in

• 1 year later...

Archived