Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Pretty interesting social experiment going on on twitch at the moment

A guy has set up a game of pokemon on the original gameboy, and is allowing anybody to input button presses to the game through the chat window. Every 20 seconds it picks up what the most requested button press was in the chat, and inputs it into the game. Think it's going to go on and on until the game is completed.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Pretty interesting seeing 80,000 people all trying to control the same character lol

I've followed this for a few days. It's incredibly frustrating haha. They were stuck on a puzzle for about 8 hours, then used an escape rope right as they were getting somewhere.

Not sure why they're all saying "democracy" and "anarchy" now though. Making it lag a lot.

I was watching them try and cut the tree to the get to the celadon gym and it was possibly the most frustrating thing I've seen in my life.  lol It basically followed a pattern of wonder around near the tree, opening the menu and then going into settings, and then repeat  :P

They've got four gym badges though I'm fairly impressed. And a lvl 46 Pigey whatever their called. 

To entertain, to win money (betting), to have fun several things

And the point of this is to entertain and have fun. It's an interesting event that's been put up so people can have a laugh.

To entertain, to win money (betting), to have fun several things

To entertain and to have fun are both subjective. At least in this you can actually participate, rather than just watching. When you think about it, pretty much every form of entertainment is "pointless".

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd update you all on what's going on:

All 8 badges have been won.

The team consists of a Pidgeot called Bird Jesus, a Nidoking called Fonz, a Venomoth called ATV (All Terrain Venomoth), a Zapdos called Battery Jesus, a Lapras called Air Jordan and an Omanyte called Lord Helix.

A Gastly called Rick Gastly is currently in day care.

Red is grinding for Victory Road.

I am fuming. They actually have a better team than I usually ended up with. I just couldn't resist making one of my team seriously over-powered every time.

Pokemon was unreal. I could honestly play it now and still enjoy it. Thought the whole battling and type match up logic was brilliant.

I looked at this for two seconds and the volume of thirteen year old boys being "funny" injured my soul. I left immediately. 

I understand the appeal in the broadest sense but to actually witness it's ****ing awful.

Archived