Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

FAO Finners / shogun 2

I thought this was going to be "oh, fair Finners!"

It really depends on the spec of your machine. If you're comfortably over the minimum spec then, yes, go for it. If you're scraping the bottom end then I'd get Napolean or even Medieval 2 instead, there are fans of the series that would even argue they're better games.

Shogun is magnificent, it's visually stunning, it's very in depth, it's as good a starting point as any in the Total War series. It deserves it's rave reviews, it helps that I'm interested in the history of the era, too. I'd say that's a big part of the Total War series. Because the graphics aren't really such an issue (they're just a sweet-as bonus) you should probably go for whichever title appeals to your historical fancies the most.

(Except Empire, that's awful. If you like that sort of stuff get Napolean.)

Cheers mate. Appreciate it. I'll have to check on specs but I'm assuming well worth six quid?

Yeah, definitely, I'd still buy it at £20+.

If you're getting it, get the bundle that's on there for £10. That's a LOT* of DLC.

(like, seriously, it's two extra campaign modes essentially trebling the game. Plus a load more units and two new factions for the master campaign.)

Archived