Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So I didn't actually realise how close I was to getting platinum. So I have now just got the platinum trophy for Horizon Forbidden West. 68 hours to platinum. 

Don't know what to play now 

I read 125 to 150 hours to do 100% completion.

The original I did in 72 hours platinum but want to do everything possible before completing the story, if that's possible.

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I read 125 to 150 hours to do 100% completion.

The original I did in 72 hours platinum but want to do everything possible before completing the story, if that's possible.

I would say its possible, i think i was about 85% complete so i doubt it would be 125-150 hours for 100% completion. I may give it a go and see if i can do 100%

So ive decided to give Horizon another go on the hardest setting. I am already at Chainscrape, I thought the slitherfang (first boss) would have given me more trouble but was able to easily dodge its attacks. Its pretty much 2 hits and you are dead. Only died once vs the very first burrower lol 

At least now i have an idea on what abilities i want, already got Braceshot, so i wont be wasting my skill points. Im also just skipping all the cutscenes with it being so fresh in the memory.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 20:52, Lako42 said:

Greedfall and really struggling to get good at combat. 

So many things you can do with spells and setting traps etc

I’ve started this.

In two minds whether to carry on with it.

The movement feels like something out of a Xbox 360 game, the combat is pretty janky, and invisible walls are everywhere.

Yet the world is pretty cool, characters decent enough, I like the level of customisation and I’m a sucker for an RPG.

34 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I’ve started this.

In two minds whether to carry on with it.

The movement feels like something out of a Xbox 360 game, the combat is pretty janky, and invisible walls are everywhere.

Yet the world is pretty cool, characters decent enough, I like the level of customisation and I’m a sucker for an RPG.

Stick with it, the story develops quite nicely

I quite like the combat using Magic tbh

7 hours into Greedfall and im really enjoying it. Barely scratched the surface with regards to the main story, just off exploring and doing side quests. Running a character with high magic skills. Agree with earlier comments regarding the controls feeling a bit dated but i can see passed that. As long as a game grips me with plenty to do then im all in. Will carry on and see how it develops

15 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

7 hours into Greedfall and im really enjoying it. Barely scratched the surface with regards to the main story, just off exploring and doing side quests. Running a character with high magic skills. Agree with earlier comments regarding the controls feeling a bit dated but i can see passed that. As long as a game grips me with plenty to do then im all in. Will carry on and see how it develops

Deffo better to do some side quests to get levelled up. 

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Deffo better to do some side quests to get levelled up. 

Im already level 14 just from doing side quests. Not even touched the main quests yet. Really enjoying it so far. Finally getting my head around the crafting and inventory.

What i like is that Gold is actually quite hard to come by, i feel like i am finding loads but prices of goods are quite expensive, so i am having to really plan what i spend my gold on. Already have a couple of legendary weapons but cant use them. Typical

I will defo sinking my teeth fully into this and see it through to the end.

I have just started on Death Stranding which in all honesty is a very strange yet compelling game and like nothing i have played before. I am sure it has been discussed before but is it worth all the balancing of back packs and getting stuck in grabbing mud lol

On 24/03/2022 at 18:41, Sir Shep said:

I have just started on Death Stranding which in all honesty is a very strange yet compelling game and like nothing i have played before. I am sure it has been discussed before but is it worth all the balancing of back packs and getting stuck in grabbing mud lol

I think I was in the freakish minority who really liked that game. It does become "a game" after about 60 hours... 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I think I was in the freakish minority who really liked that game. It does become "a game" after about 60 hours... 

Cool, i am sticking with it as it is strangely compelling! On episode 3 now. Have to say though it is strange playing a game as a vanless DHL driver walking around the US that looks more like Iceland! 

Still on Greedfall. Level 29 and completed all side missions i can before continuing the main story. Got plenty of legendary gear and i am a maxed out mage so i am ruining every enemy i come across, including boss fights. Which is fine as i am enjoying the story anyway. I am about 30 hours in now.

On 23/03/2022 at 15:56, Sharpe's Fox said:

what a game btw

On 24/03/2022 at 20:48, don_danbury said:

i played this for about 4 hours and gave up on it, just don't have the patience for those sort of games anymore. looks really pretty tho

I'm really enjoying it TBH. It's rare that I find a game that pulls me back in these days. The multiplayer-led AAA game scene is so boring that it's nice to see indie devs with a well designed game getting the accolades and the attention. 

It gives me proper inanimate object rage, though. The Watcher Knights boss is absolutely infuriating.

I don't know why it's so appealing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I'm really enjoying it TBH. It's rare that I find a game that pulls me back in these days. The multiplayer-led AAA game scene is so boring that it's nice to see indie devs with a well designed game getting the accolades and the attention. 

It gives me proper inanimate object rage, though. The Watcher Knights boss is absolutely infuriating.

I don't know why it's so appealing. 

Because the combat and platforming is tight enough to know that when you die it's because of you and not the game. The exploration, setting, art style and music and all flawless which adds to the gameplay. It's a master of the genre for a couple of quid.

On 29/03/2022 at 10:59, kingcarr21 said:

Still on Greedfall. Level 29 and completed all side missions i can before continuing the main story. Got plenty of legendary gear and i am a maxed out mage so i am ruining every enemy i come across, including boss fights. Which is fine as i am enjoying the story anyway. I am about 30 hours in now.

You've flown past me. I'm still level 16.

I do have the attention span of a 4 year old though 

Really enjoying Tunic on Xbox Game Pass. A charming adventure obviously inspired by Zelda games (and you play as a fox :filbert_2:) with a very neat gimic where as you explore the world, you gradually find pages of an old school style "instruction manual" that explains the story and the game mechanics. Been playing it a few days, and really getting drawn into it so far.

22 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Really enjoying Tunic on Xbox Game Pass. A charming adventure obviously inspired by Zelda games (and you play as a fox :filbert_2:) with a very neat gimic where as you explore the world, you gradually find pages of an old school style "instruction manual" that explains the story and the game mechanics. Been playing it a few days, and really getting drawn into it so far.

I've been really enjoying this too and not yet had to resort to a guide, not yet got my shield though and a few of the pages I've found show it so worried I might have missed it somewhere? I've just got a key from underneath a big green guy on a beach and gone to some sort of weird ass shop with a big skeleton in it. Wondering what all them little metal things coming out of the ground are you can hit with your sword and make a dinging sound? Maybe hit them in a certain order to make something happen. The lack of a map is a little bit confusing. Over all thoroughly enjoying it. 

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I've been really enjoying this too and not yet had to resort to a guide, not yet got my shield though and a few of the pages I've found show it so worried I might have missed it somewhere? I've just got a key from underneath a big green guy on a beach and gone to some sort of weird ass shop with a big skeleton in it. Wondering what all them little metal things coming out of the ground are you can hit with your sword and make a dinging sound? Maybe hit them in a certain order to make something happen. The lack of a map is a little bit confusing. Over all thoroughly enjoying it. 

I'm getting well stuck in now, beat 2 bosses and about to take on my third. I recall thinking the same thing about the shield until I found it, so don't worry too much. There are map pages for the manual too, so check them out if you pick one up.

• Thanks 1